OMG! Get rid of these crazy colorful Gyros huts and what not. The really splendid atmosphere of Altis has just been laid to waste... :(

If A3 was a rpg this would be called 'out of character'.

(Well, on the plus side, this provides the opportunity to blow up a burger booth...)

OMG! Get rid of these crazy colorful Gyros huts and what not. The really splendid atmosphere of Altis has just been laid to waste... :(

If A3 was a rpg this would be called 'out of character'.

(Well, on the plus side, this provides the opportunity to blow up a burger booth...)

I dunno about you, but when I got to tourist destinations I see all kinds of gaudy and 'friendly' buildings wyhich are built in the modern style as opposed to the old fashioned farmhouses that Altians seem to live in. If anything, I'm kinda looking forward to the modernisation of Altis with more modern features and buildings from this side of 1970 slowly populating the island. It's a common misconception that a lot of people have of Europe (even those within it) that we all live in ancient buildings, quaint villages and everything fits a rustic theme when in reality it's a patchwork of various styles, dates and building materials to update the old stuff when it needs fixing, with only recent care being put into the overall 'look' of areas- once again this is usually purely for the benefit of drawing tourists to those spots.

As a bit of perspective, the last time I was at a Greek island about a decade ago, I remember walking along a sea front with a large spongebob poster beside a McDonalds, a Burger King and four cheap souvenier shops whilst being surrounded by African immigrants trying to sell me cheap fake watches. The whole place was awash with colour and a had quite a plastic veneer to appeal to western tourists. There were plenty of places which were still beautiful of course, but they were getting caught up by the miniature golf, water parks and dance clubs. I'm sure since then its' only got more modernisation, and with the economic slump that is in the 'lore' for Arma, bright red burger joints would likely be welcome addition to the island if they created income. Wholly In Chracter reason for you as to why they exist :)

As a bit of perspective, the last time I was at a Greek island about a decade ago, I remember walking along a sea front with a large spongebob poster beside a McDonalds, a Burger King and four cheap souvenier shops whilst being surrounded by African immigrants trying to sell me cheap fake watches. The whole place was awash with colour and a had quite a plastic veneer to appeal to western tourists. There were plenty of places which were still beautiful of course, but they were getting caught up by the miniature golf, water parks and dance clubs. I'm sure since then its' only got more modernisation, and with the economic slump that is in the 'lore' for Arma, bright red burger joints would likely be welcome addition to the island if they created income. Wholly In Chracter reason for you as to why they exist :)

Sorry, I was a bit unclear with my complaints: I am not saying that this kind of stuff is unrealistic for a Greek island, be it now or in 2035.

I was more speaking from a asthetical viewpoint. Up to now the island provided a great look. When I started one of my favourite missions today I was shocked when the first of these Gyros huts hit me directly in the eye.

So, yes, it may be realistic, but it is also UGLY.

The other hidden reason for my complaint was that I am looking forward for the first WW2 mods to publish a few units. Up to now Altis would have provided a great playground for those. In the small villages only very few details would be ooc for other eras. But now this has been changed dramatically...

And finally I have to confess: No, this is not really important. :rolleyes:

And, BTW, I have never been to Yorkshire, but in Oberfranken we don't live in huts either. And it is even a little bit closer to Greece... ;)

And, BTW, I have never been to Yorkshire, but in Oberfranken we don't live in huts either. And it is even a little bit closer to Greece... ;)

Alas, the recession took its toll on us and all we have now are the abandoned mines... :down:

But seriously, I know as I said its one that a lot of people- even we ourselves- kinda assume. I know full well when I think of a few European countries I think of them in the romantic idealised way that is true to their heritage rather than as modern entities.

The visualisation of the island, I would argue, is very important! It's the place you actually *do* things in the game and sets the scene for all stuff, so I'm not knocking you for having an opnion on the matter! As I said I just hope we adopt a afew more modernised buildings so that the new ones don't look out of place and we can finally see that Altis can be visualised in the modern era :)

Alas, the recession took its toll on us and all we have now are the abandoned mines... :down:

It could be worse. Be glad you Brits did not join the Euro zone ;)

The visualisation of the island, I would argue, is very important! It's the place you actually *do* things in the game and sets the scene for all stuff, so I'm not knocking you for having an opnion on the matter! As I said I just hope we adopt a afew more modernised buildings so that the new ones don't look out of place and we can finally see that Altis can be visualised in the modern era :)

I am afraid I am not representing the taste of a majority. So I will be glad if I can find a few small, remote villages in the mountains without too many modern imprints. (Thats what I try to do in my holidays, too.)

The new planes still can't reach mach 1...

Bad performance for 2035.

Achieving mach X is useless when the aircrafts primary purpose is to engage at low speed with strafing runs, where you need some armor around vital components because you will most assuredly take some hits.

Edited by NodUnit

I feel the armor has an incredible accuracy hitting air vehicles, I've seen both friendly gunner AI acquiring an enemy chopper as target and downing it in a few seconds, and being in the role of the pilot and seeing how the enemy armor was super accurate on me, with long bursts that would own me. This with tanks, ifvs, etc.

I feel the armor has an incredible accuracy hitting air vehicles, I've seen both friendly gunner AI acquiring an enemy chopper as target and downing it in a few seconds, and being in the role of the pilot and seeing how the enemy armor was super accurate on me, with long bursts that would own me. This with tanks, ifvs, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=psarMWXefbQ#t=315

Modern fire control systems can target helicopters no sweat.

Hello there, our custom modules built for ALiVE utilising the BIS module framework have been doing weird things on dedicated server only. Previous to the last patch they were happily initing before the briefing screen, and now they do not. I saw this in the last changelog:

Fixed: Module framework no longer waits for execution of modules outside of the framework

Fixed: Modules were not executed in the right order upon mission start

Can a developer possibly explain the expected results of those changes?

This is a serious issue for us as the modules are being pushed out when simulation has started making things tremendously slow. Have these changes been correctly implemented on dedicated binary, because when running local or in editor, the module start up functionPriority is working fine, but as soon as it's tried on a dedi it does not work.

EDIT: oops I should have posted this in the scritping thread, I will post there feel free to delete this one.

I've got the same in my mission. The order of initialisation seems buggered on DS compared to a few days ago. Not keen to reorder the whole lot as I don't know if it's intended or a bug. It would be useful to have word from someone in the know.

The new Tempest trucks are kind of bad. The Typhoon truck by Kamaz is an MRAP troop carrier, yet in Arma it's just a Zamak with an armored driver cab. It's more like a "Dead passenger carrier". Drive into an ambush, and drive out with 20 dead men in the back. The whole point of "MRAP" is to protect the passengers from mines and small arms. What it should actually look like is the Repair variant. That's the one truck that actually looks like it should.

or the fire range is hundreds of meters, which is a peice of cake for armor.

Edited by msy

sorta off topic but has anyone been able to find the 2nd artillery unit in the fix wing aircraft showcase? i literally flew in circles for an hour not able to find the thing. Hawkeye says they laser designated it but I could only lock on to the first one.

the trucks are ok - you have different class of armoured trucks ! protected cap - protectet cap and engine - protectetect cap engine and cargo. tempest is now the first class ;) ok its not you can shot the driver with one hit inte the glass ^^ or the engie hits from the front . or the bad thing with the damage on whells and tires.

the truck need tweaks and BIS need other people where make the quality controller ^^ all time come models with obvious errors. this is absolute bad certificate for the quality controller

a lot of work and time you could save.much money you could save and the call o BIS would not have to suffer.

we have a rule in our Plant ....

an error in the manufacturing costs eliminate 50 cent

an error eliminate in the quality assurance after the manufacturing cost 50 €

eliminate product errors at the customer cost 200 € and the call breaks in the long term ... that is the way from BIS - sad ... arma is not more an indy game, where you turn a blind eye ;)

obvious model errors , do not belong in the dev version !! and it is embarrassing if one takes into the final version ...

the errors are simply too conspicuous in the models - and many need years until they are resolved...errors that require little time in the genesis.

this raises a very bad light on the whole working ...

it seems that there is no uniform test for the models before they come into the dev version. driving / damage / handling / weapons / look to the others / behavior used at different landscapes - water -air -land from in - from out ....

or the one men for the quality makes a bad job and is not worth the money.

Edited by JgBtl292

I noticed huge fps drop in the latest devbranch. With no mods on stable i have 35 fps on the stratis if i start it from the editor. With the latest devbranch in same situation i have 5 fps. Changing the settings doesn't really matter. This is since EXE rev. 116103(win update). I don't know that it caused by the last(116121) or the previous(116103) but currently it is unplayable!

BIS's develpoers: How can i debug what cause this drag? Deleting PBOs or is there any script command which can help you to grain some useful informations?

DxDiag, Settings screenshots and force crash with command CRASH are here.

Edit: I restarted the steam and now it's OK. I have 35 fps in devbuild too. Strange...

Edited by danczer

sorta off topic but has anyone been able to find the 2nd artillery unit in the fix wing aircraft showcase? i literally flew in circles for an hour not able to find the thing. Hawkeye says they laser designated it but I could only lock on to the first one.

One was lased, the other isn't. One is on the east side (lased), the other more to the west side.

the trucks are ok - you have different class of armoured trucks ! protected cap - protectet cap and engine - protectetect cap engine and cargo. tempest is now the first class ;)
No, they aren't. It's clear as day that there is no sense in installing more powerful engine to carry more armor (resulting in higher manufacturing cost) but leaving the most important part of the truck completely exposed. As Gutsnav said, the sole purpose of an MRAP (or any truck in general) is transporting troops as quickly and safely as possible. An engine, wheels and even driver is not that important as infantry squad in truck's cargo. But in present state Tempest is a mine-resistant, armored death trap for everybody in its cargo bay. What's the point in all this protection then? Right now driver could only transport infantry squad to a massacre and then safely return to base with cargo full of bodies.

Yes, we have fully-protected Tempest, but it's a Repair Truck therefore it can't carry passengers. What's the point in protecting tools better than humans?

Real-life Tempest's counterpart, the Typhoon, has cargo bay designed to carry troops, that's how it looks like: http://i.imgur.com/fPg1ZHQ.jpg (201 kB)

I agree that there is some other quite annoying model errors (by the way, sideview mirrors aren't working correctly also. The one one the driver's side not just doesn't reflect Tempest's body, it also shows reflection from the different side of vehicle, i.e., objects on the right side while being mounted on the left side of the truck.), but a soft tent instead of armored cargo bay is the most serious flaw IMO.

Edited by Semiconductor

The hotel needs fixed. I fired some rockets at it and it doesn't go too well. From outside, as you se me parachute down in the pictures, the parts of the building that fall expose the one-sided walls and roof. If i'm inside, it might be a wall in front of me but outside it's invisible. Here are some pics. The damaged parts disappear after falling and you didn't make any damage models. I think it's supposed to be indestructible like the hospital, which is stupid. everything should destroy when a bomb drops on it.

Anyway, here's the links to the pics.

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o726/Victim913/arma32014-03-1422-17-51-57_zpse602aa3f.png

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o726/Victim913/arma32014-03-1422-18-24-63_zpsb070c32a.png

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o726/Victim913/arma32014-03-1422-18-55-30_zpsd78709a3.png

The second problem I found in the hotel is related to climbing into windows.

In the front (I think) of the building, not the side facing water, you have nice big open windows. Perfect height to push the "V" step over button and get inside. However, instead of stepping up like what usually happens in most cases, you step through the floor. Feet still on ground, but the hotel floor is cutting you off waist high. picture is here;

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o726/Victim913/arma32014-03-1422-19-39-39_zpsfa523dd3.png

The last things about the hotel; Is blue really the best color to use? Especially that blue. It's too bright and pretty to be a rundown ghost hotel. It doesn't look like you made it. The blue makes it look like a user made it who doesn't know too much about texturing. How about a brownish color or even the yellow or white from other houses. That blue stands out like a sore thumb. You gotta stop making everything so bright. It's bad enough you ruined all the cargo containers by making them pastel colors. They glow and make Altis look terrible in places. I'm flying around the beautiful Altis with nice scenery, then all the sudden these bright pastels appear miles and miles away, ruining the landscape. I mean everything you guys call "black" like vehicles, clothing, etc is this slightly dark grayish brown color.

Last thing, the A-10 thing looks very odd, but seems people like it. Not sure why. but it is very maneuverable, which is good. But, when trying to line up a target in front, it is way way too sensitive. Any slight move with the mouse moves the nose a significant distance.. But outside of a very small zone the rest of the movement matches the mouse. It's that initial move that sends it pointing away.

Actually this is last. Why would the only hotel on Altis be so far out of the way? It should be near airport or main city. But who cares. :)

The last things about the hotel; Is blue really the best color to use? Especially that blue. It's too bright and pretty to be a rundown ghost hotel. It doesn't look like you made it. The blue makes it look like a user made it who doesn't know too much about texturing. How about a brownish color or even the yellow or white from other houses. That blue stands out like a sore thumb. You gotta stop making everything so bright. It's bad enough you ruined all the cargo containers by making them pastel colors. They glow and make Altis look terrible in places. I'm flying around the beautiful Altis with nice scenery, then all the sudden these bright pastels appear miles and miles away, ruining the landscape. I mean everything you guys call "black" like vehicles, clothing, etc is this slightly dark grayish brown color.

Actually this is last. Why would the only hotel on Altis be so far out of the way? It should be near airport or main city. But who cares. :)

The hotel is based on a real life hotel, which looks similar to that one (i.e., it's blue) and it's near the location where the in-game hotel is.

Cant play Win campaign, because the first mission always starts Survive-s first mission - Drawdown 2035. And then reverting deleted ALL my progress :(

And mission 2 of Win = mission 2 of Survive and so on...

116.121 devbranch only.

i dont know where to post this (if not the right place , please move it to the proper threat)

the problem is the satchels and mines...

why if you place mines or satchels then you cant pick up again?

arm dissarm is missing

why this option removed????

i dont know where to post this (if not the right place , please move it to the proper threat)

the problem is the satchels and mines...

why if you place mines or satchels then you cant pick up again?

arm dissarm is missing

why this option removed????

You can only disarm placed explosives if you have a toolkit.

I just checked it again. It also happens with technicals. Which doesn't have any fire control system...

I'm taking out choppers with the armed offroads M2 all the time, so why shouldn't the AI be able to do it aswell?