I can barely see the weapon in that screenshot, other than that, I see the moon and a silhouette of the horizon but that's it, any chance your monitor settings have changed or something?

Yeah that looks pretty fitting for a half moon light, visibility is barely infront of you

Are you ever going to fix the rubber trees, that you've carried over from ArmA2?

It's hard to take it seriously when every tree trunk is swaying back and forth, as if it's not properly planted and about to fall over!

I'm guessing the engine isn't capable of animating individual branches and you thought doing this would make the surroundings seem more alive and less static but it was a bad idea IMO and is very distracting.

I can barely see the weapon in that screenshot, other than that, I see the moon and a silhouette of the horizon but that's it, any chance your monitor settings have changed or something?

Well that's funny I exactly noticed the same thing as Tonci87 and thought not without disgust that BiS had made nights brighter to shut all the whiners' pie holes. But then I changed monitor for a Benq XL2411T recently. :o

Let me guess... You guys both use NVIDIA card with HDMI cable? because by default, it outputs a noticeably brighter picture (RGB clamping 16-235).

Edited by DarkWanderer

Let me guess... You guys both use NVIDIA card with HDMI cable? because by default, it outputs a noticeably brighter picture (http://community.futuremark.com/forum/showthread.php?170067 '>RGB clamping 16-235).

No HD5850 Sapphire Toxic connected via Display Port to my Dell 2412m. I just struggle to find the optimum brightness/contrast levels for my monitor.

I found two serious issues with the AI during the campaign. These happened with me 3 times so after rage quit i made tickets (with the save games for the reproducing).

Here are you are :

AI stuck and not move - http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18039

AI not move to the ordered position - http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18042

I noticed the "AI not move to the ordered position" issue many times before, but now it is easy to reproduce. Check these sasp, please!

When we mount (in all the choppers and vehicule i think) in the A10 or get out, there is a problem with the camera.

The soldier look on the front of the aircraft (or vehicule) and not his movments, he get in without look the corckpit... no problem with animations but if we can't see that..

Edited by GranolaBar

Let me guess... You guys both use NVIDIA card with HDMI cable? because by default, it outputs a noticeably brighter picture (RGB clamping 16-235).

HD7850 via DVI port. The BenQ XL2411T is a mess colorwise though, and way too bright... It took me some time and research to get something remotely decent.

I tried devbranch... the nearest neighbour resampling glitch for textures is still present. Only me, something caused by a new patch or has it always been like this and I just haven't noticed?

Dear Arma 3 devs,

Now that the campaign is finished, can we get the whole LOD system reworked from scratch? The LOD popping/flickering on grass/bushes/trees/buildings/everything, is driving me insane - since the damn alpha - and we have seen next to no progress about it since March 2013.

Think about it.

Thanks in advance.

Disabled lights on the front gear of To-199

Any reason for this? Now it's just a bright spot which doesnt illuminate the ground.

Dear Arma 3 devs,

Now that the campaign is finished, can we get the whole LOD system reworked from scratch? The LOD popping/flickering on grass/bushes/trees/buildings/everything, is driving me insane - since the damn alpha - and we have seen next to no progress about it since March 2013.

Think about it.

Thanks in advance.

Great idea in my opinion, maybe then i could stop laughing when playing in "Ultra" settings. I love it when enemy soldiers are glitching into the ground, often you can only spot a head popping out of the ground when using thermal binoculars

Any reason for this? Now it's just a bright spot which doesnt illuminate the ground.

Yeah, plus, now you can't see anything in front of you.

Great idea in my opinion, maybe then i could stop laughing when playing in "Ultra" settings. I love it when enemy soldiers are glitching into the ground, often you can only spot a head popping out of the ground when using thermal binoculars

This has nothing to do with LODs. They aren´t glitching into the ground. It is made like that to "simulate" them lying in grass and beeing obscured by it.

Dear Arma 3 devs,

Think about it.

Thanks in advance.

I haven't actually noticed a lot of LOD flickering since I upgraded my computer. I still play with object/terrain quality on Standard/High. So I guess it's hardware dependent?

This has nothing to do with LODs. They aren´t glitching into the ground. It is made like that to "simulate" them lying in grass and beeing obscured by it.

THAT was a bad idea... I wish they would just mow the entire island and make the grass shorter. That would make it easier to see out of grass when you're lying in it so it would even the playing field between someone lying and someone standing far away.

I haven't actually noticed a lot of LOD flickering since I upgraded my computer. I still play with object/terrain quality on Standard/High. So I guess it's hardware dependent?

THAT was a bad idea... I wish they would just mow the entire island and make the grass shorter. That would make it easier to see out of grass when you're lying in it so it would even the playing field between someone lying and someone standing far away.

But it would look really unnatural. The grass is already very short compared to what you can find in nature.

I´ve heard that statement already. In my eyes its an ugly solution, i played a lot of games but i cant remember that it looks like so strange like in Arma. "Simulate the grass" is a great (^^) definition for that, hahahaha. Grass is only ~50meters displayed from players position on Ultra settings, so no need to simulate on 500meters ^^

Massive fps drops and odd game behavior since last patch.

I´ve mentioned it already. Last week. After patching.

Try playing on ultra terrain/object settings. Drop a unit in the editor, in a place with lots of grass and bushes. Sprint, then notice the infuriatingly distracting *pop* *pop* *pop* *pop* *pop* *flicker* *flicker* *flicker* on the grass and rocks.

Spawn a heli and fly low towards a town. LOD switching is very aggressive there.

I´ve heard that statement already. In my eyes its an ugly solution, i played a lot of games but i cant remember that it looks like so strange like in Arma. "Simulate the grass" is a great (^^) definition for that, hahahaha. Grass is only ~50meters displayed from players position on Ultra settings, so no need to simulate on 500meters ^^

I´ve mentioned it already. Last week. After patching.

Trust me it is better than what we had before. We didn´t have that solution when Arma 2 was released, so units lying on the ground were very visible from even far distances. You woudn´t want that back.

Try playing on ultra terrain/object settings. Drop a unit in the editor, in a place with lots of grass and bushes. Sprint, then notice the infuriatingly distracting *pop* *pop* *pop* *pop* *pop* *flicker* *flicker* *flicker* on the grass and rocks.

Spawn a heli and fly low towards a town. LOD switching is very aggressive there.

Yea the LOD switching is way too aggressive. Honestly I'd just drop the highest LOD models completely and just have it not pop so close to the view.

The grass cover effect at long distances was canceled in an earlier version of arma2 and was first introduced in arma (1) aka armed assault.

But it would look really unnatural. The grass is already very short compared to what you can find in nature.

Still... shorter grass could both make crawling-standing firefights fairer and maybe even improve performance.

I'd rather have short, static grass going a thousand meters than high, windy grass and stuff that pops up 25 meters in front of me and makes it absolutely impossible to shoot anyone when crawling.

I really wish there was an option to disable grass and parallax without turning down your Object/Terrain Quality settings that affect a lot of things.

Both make crawling awful.

Still... shorter grass could both make crawling-standing firefights fairer and maybe even improve performance.

I'd rather have short, static grass going a thousand meters than high, windy grass and stuff that pops up 25 meters in front of me and makes it absolutely impossible to shoot anyone when crawling.

I really wish there was an option to disable grass and parallax without turning down your Object/Terrain Quality settings that affect a lot of things.

Both make crawling awful.

For Singleplayer you can use MCC, there is a Setting to disable all Grass

Grass is only ~50meters displayed from players position on Ultra settings, so no need to simulate on 500meters ^^

You're missing the point. They "simulate" the grass at 500m because it isn't rendered past ~50m. That's the whole idea. They can't afford to render grass at that distance, so to prevent a player laying in grass from being too noticeable, they raise the visual height of the ground. It may look glitchy, but I'd rather have balance than a slight visual improvement.