...the lights on and off doesn't seem to do anything (collision does)...
The lights are on landing gear so they actually turn on only with gear down.
A few bugs..the Neophron damaged has a cracked canopy, however it is pristine from the pilot view...
Thanks for catching this one, I'll nag our artist about it :)

Thank you BI for taking the time to add the ghost hotel, it looks absolutely fantastic and should be amazing in scenarios. I wish you would add more exciting areas in the future.

The new Tempest trucks looks incredible too, but I'd love to see a flatbed version (also for the HEMTT) for use with attachTo in scenarios (Patrol Ops, for example). It looks like the 'device' variant of the Tempest is a good start, just remove the device from the model. :)

That's interesting, what can I search for if I want to read about this?

Air speed in Knots versus air speed KMH or MPH

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/698650/698650,1319830083,1/stock-photo-air-speed-indicator-of-popular-small-helicopter-r-instrument-from-dashboard-raster-srgb-87596995.jpg

Typically speaking Knots will always have a lower number, there is also ground speed but I don't think that is covered.

It's similar to how Altitude and Radar alt, they both do similar things but measure very differently.

The lights are on landing gear so they actually turn on only with gear down.

Doh!

Edited by NodUnit

I've noticed one thing. In stable, when you're flying an airplane, the moment enemy vehicles show up on the radar, they're shown on HUD as green squares. Tab-lock and they're dead.

In Dev build targets aren't showing on the HUD. At least in vanilla planes. Now you have to know where the target is to aim your ATGM, you have to reveal a target (RMB click) and lock it, the only help is your radar. Tab-locking is much harder and JTAC is useful.

Thank you BIS!

Air speed in Knots versus air speed KMH or MPH

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/698650/698650,1319830083,1/stock-photo-air-speed-indicator-of-popular-small-helicopter-r-instrument-from-dashboard-raster-srgb-87596995.jpg

Typically speaking Knots will always have a lower number, there is also ground speed but I don't think that is covered.

It's similar to how Altitude and Radar alt, they both do similar things but measure very differently.

Now I get it, thanks :)

Nice to hear that, I didn't like the pine trees and complained about it from first day.

Can you show two new pictures of pine trees but at the same distance?

The after image is closer to you than the before image.

BIS did you actually work with pine trees ?

here is a new image to see better

http://www.noelshack.com/2014-11-1394794002-arma3-2014-03-14-11-39-14-61-bmp.jpg

and here is the changelog of yesterday who speaks

Trees use a new shader version to improve alpha sorting

The trees looks awesome! I hope they do something with the mid-range textures too in the near future.

I waited for Tempest since Alpha and was very happy to see that BI adding them with the final episode... but Tempest turned out to be disappointment. I don't know why you guys so happy about them, they are just another version of Zamak, Tempest is not MRAP at all, contrary to BI own statements. :(

I mean, just look at tempest Transport Covered - instead of armored cargo bay we received tent made of thin cloth, copy-pasted form Zamak.

An MRAP you say? Then why I managed to kill three soldiers inside it using goddamn 9mm handgun with three mags? Just think of it, ambush protected vehicle can't protect it's crew even form one guerilla with 9mm pistol. I dunno what to say.

Funny thing, actually there is a protected version of Tempest, with fully armored cargo bay — but it's Repair Truck for some reason. I take it, in 2035 Iran/Russia will suffer from severe lack of spare parts and severe excess of spare soldiers since truck with screwdrivers protected better than truck with humans. :D

I made a ticket about this issue ( http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=17826 ) but I don't think it will be fixed before march 20.

In stable, when you're flying an airplane, the moment enemy vehicles show up on the radar, they're shown on HUD as green squares. Tab-lock and they're dead.

Green squares??? You bloody teamkiller!

Major issue with Game logic waypoints! This is in the stable build, but since it hasn't been reported yet, I assume that it is also in the dev build.

Ticket

In a nutshell, OR waypoints on game logic does not work. AND waypoints work as required. This may or may not be related to this issue.

I waited for Tempest since Alpha and was very happy to see that BI adding them with the final episode... but Tempest turned out to be disappointment. I don't know why you guys so happy about them, they are just another version of Zamak, Tempest is not MRAP at all, contrary to BI own statements. :(

I mean, just look at tempest Transport Covered - instead of armored cargo bay we received tent made of thin cloth, copy-pasted form Zamak.

An MRAP you say? Then why I managed to kill three soldiers inside it using goddamn 9mm handgun with three mags? Just think of it, ambush protected vehicle can't protect it's crew even form one guerilla with 9mm pistol. I dunno what to say.

Funny thing, actually there is a protected version of Tempest, with fully armored cargo bay — but it's Repair Truck for some reason. I take it, in 2035 Iran/Russia will suffer from severe lack of spare parts and severe excess of spare soldiers since truck with screwdrivers protected better than truck with humans. :D

I made a ticket about this issue ( http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=17826 ) but I don't think it will be fixed before march 20.

Yea .. I'm not quite satisfied with all the MRAPs.

- Shooting a few bullets of 6.5 mm at the front windows of the Tempest (they're armored, right?) causes damage to the engine (probably by penetrating the windows and hitting the engine behind the driver cabin).

-1 bullet of 7.62 mm penetrates the side window of the Hunter and kills the driver. A few bullets fired at the drive shaft/rear axle causes MRAPs to explode (probably by damaging the tank/"FUEL", still totally unrealistic) ..

In fact I'm not quite satisfied with the whole health-system of vehicles. I'm gonna write a ticket about it the next days I guess.

Same goes for the heavy armors. No active missile defense systems (these systems are ready to use these days and tanks will certainly be equipped with them in 2035). Even the Slammer UP can be taken out by a single titan coming from the front.

Or another case: When e.g. the right track has already been recieved some minor damage, a Titan at that spot will destroy any tank in most cases woth 1 hit, too, etc.

Edit: I mean, I don't want to bitch too much. You can feel the small Dev team is putting great effort in the game - with all the new stuff lately, the campaign, the whole Zeus feature and detailed work (quite some people maybe don't even recognize, like new locations and objects, better looking statics, more details on models, the awesome light rays, etc.).

It's just I really would love to get rid of some annoying bugs and issues at the basis of the game. Like ballistics, damage/health systems, parameters/behavior/technical correctness of vehicles, armours, guns and weapon systems. And quite some multiplayer issues ... as MP will always be the most important part of Arma.

Edited by pils

The trees looks awesome! I hope they do something with the mid-range textures too in the near future.

the muddy midrange texture is like a running gag....badbenson and others gave an example how to make it better....

the muddy midrange texture is like a running gag....badbenson and others gave an example how to make it better....

I play with Badbenson's textures since the day they were released. I can't play without them, the game turns ugly without them.

Edited by Nikiforos

I play with Badbenson's textures since the day they were released. I can't play without them, the game turns ugly without them.

+1

That´s right Sir. Playing without Terraintextures is like watching a good comedymovie, u cant stop laughing about it.

20mm HECannon from AH-99 Blackfoot is muted, no sounds to hear when staying as Soldier on the ground, not even when the Chopper is 2 meters away and shooting.

A few bullets fired at the drive shaft/rear axle causes MRAPs to explode (probably by damaging the tank/"FUEL", still totally unrealistic)
I can't express how much I'm annoyed by fuel tank damage and instant explosions. Well, ok, fuel tank could be fragile, especially on civilian vehciles. But even complete destruction of fuel tank (or any other part of the vehicle) should not cause grenade-like explosion. A car might burn in some cases but all civilians and some military vehicles simply don't have anything to cause such powerful explosions which kills everybody around. Still, for some reason any damage to fuel tank cause Civilian Boxer to explode like it has HE-Frag shell in its trunk.

I'm agree with other your points also, but issue with new MRAPs have a little bit different nature: apparently Tempest received its soft tent due to misconception about purpose of such vehicle. Theoretically, the main purpose of Tempest is transporting units and cargo from point A to point B as quickly and safely as possible. Right now Tempest is armored everywhere except its most significant part - the cargo bay. There is no point in additional armor and more powerful engine if the truck is still incapable to transport its crew safely; even a single enemy with machinegun will turn this "MRAP" into a death trap to everybody in cargo bay, so the only things this new truck can transport with certainty is corpses. It's like extremely armored truck that is too heavy to move or a tank with a huge turret made from cardboard - it might look impressive but in fact it's completely useless.

Edited by Semiconductor

Hey can a Dev tell me why some of the stuff in the language_f_epc.pbo isn't in the game? Like the Non-CAS jets and the Tempest/Zamak LRS, and also the AAF beret?

Bad news. We still have this mean bug. The Bohemian Zeus missions are still not playable.

I packed my latest client side dumps into a rar and hope you may find the troublemaker.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=B757831EEAFD1322!2239&authkey=!AIVlKQ07Kzt5lzg&ithint=file%2c.rar

Otherwise we will have to wait until other communities will use the ZGM missions on a dedicated server.

At least a maybe important observation, as soon i hit the esc button, to pause, the fps normalize to 60fps.

Edited by [LB] boggler