I'm taking out choppers with the armed offroads M2 all the time, so why shouldn't the AI be able to do it aswell?

At 700 mts, while he is flying at 200km/h and in only five seconds? Wow you are good. But you see, most people aren't that good.

I'm not saying that hitting a chopper with a M2 should be impossible. I'm saying right now the AI is a bit too good at it.

At 700 mts, while he is flying at 200km/h and in only five seconds? Wow you are good. But you see, most people aren't that good.

I'm not saying that hitting a chopper with a M2 should be impossible. I'm saying right now the AI is a bit too good at it.

The typical engagement range with a M2 should be around 1000m, it has tracer rounds and a controllable recoil, after doing some tests AI usually engaged various choppers from 630-650m using the M2, seems to be fair, most player would engage even further targets.

Besides that it took more than 10 seconds after starting the engagement until either the chopper got critical damage or the offroad blew up.

Wooden telephone poles are indestructible and will damage a MBT if you touch them. They should fall, as most of the props.

Am I the only one who has the feeling BI has been paying lip service to the popularity of Altis Life a little bit with the latest Atlis improvements? I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but all those new commercial buildings and ATMs all over the place made me think of Altis Life immediately.

Love the new punchiness of the ordnance modules. The shaking view and the powerfull sounds make it very atmospheric.

Am I the only one who has the feeling BI has been paying lip service to the popularity of Altis Life a little bit with the latest Atlis improvements? I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but all those new commercial buildings and ATMs all over the place made me think of Altis Life immediately.

Love the new punchiness of the ordnance modules. The shaking view and the powerfull sounds make it very atmospheric.

No, not at all. There's so much stuff missing for the civilian side that it would be ridiculous to think they did.

First of all, no women, lots of civilian vehicles missing (bus, tractors, motorcycles, bicycles just to name a few), no ALICE module (spawning ambient civilians that are having audible conversations with each other) etc.

I hope all these things will come to arma3 as they have been in arma2, alone from a mission makers point of view.

BI, this question is the meaning between life or death. If you don't answer it, the universe will implode and world as we know it will cease to exist.

WHAT DID PRIVATE NELSON DO TO THE GOATS?

You can load saves, but only from the main menu. Seems to be a mission specific thing.

Question to the campaign devs: Are you supposed not to be able to load saves in "Game over"?

Corporal 'Fix' is going to be deployed ASAP :)

In options menu, and vehicles, there is still the un-fixed issue of Single Flare more. Can i stress to the Developers to Please fix this before the release next week?

Whats wrong with the Handling of the new Jet AH-164? It always goes down with the front a little bit, will this be fixed?

Adding trim controls to the game would help.

Yay!

I assume ASAP is on Monday, correct?

It means in ArmaIV maybe.

since patch, grenades cant go trough some windows on houses as example [House (Large, Abandoned)] ID=1218381 .

please look into it

You can now climb up on top of those solar plant towers, I think that wasn´t in there before?

You can now climb up on top of those solar plant towers, I think that wasn´t in there before?

Sure it was possible before, no doubt

Dear BIS devs,

I don't really like posting up negative stuff but I've been exasperated with Arma 3 in the last week.

In the last 5 days, My (previously relatively well) working project has:

• Crashed every time I launch it on a DS, without exception.
  • Started rubber-banding and freezing randomly in the editor
  • Randomly crashed in the editor.
  • Lost all coherent use of the objectID data in the game
  • Also, amusingly, freezes jam the player controls into the active keyboard input at the time of the freeze.

Naturally, I went through all reasonable procedures to check the source (check file integrity, reverted all changes I've done to a previous file from last week and then when that didn't work, reverted the changes one by one; and finally revert to Stable build).

I do appreciate that you have added lots of supremely cool stuff like assets and campaign, but I can't get this game to run for what I want to do, and it's frustrating. I wouldn't mind so much if Stable Build was working ok so I could go back to it, but that's borked too.

I like scripting and making mods for this game, but my time is limited by RL stuff (as all of our time is). It's demotivating to try and spend the limited time I've got trying to workaround randomly broken fundamental stuff. Again; if Stable build was functioning correctly then I could work with that, but it isn't.

If there was acknowledgment from the Dev team about these issues as they become aware of it then that would go a long way to helping dudes like me know when stuff is broken. Then I can plan around it. Otherwise, I'm spending literally hours trying to debug problems that are aren't a direct result of changes I've made to the game.

I know I can go on the FT and scan for new tickets, but it's frankly a very boring and functional website and I would always come here to hear things first hand from the devs (as it is a much more rewarding browsing experience). Also, I feel if I committed tickets to the tracker, they would be rejected on the basis that I'm running a mod I made for my project. (I need to run this for what I'm doing so I can't really remove it and test all conditions).

I've had a few drinks tonight so it's most likely ramped up my despondancy about this, and I should probably take a chill pill etc.

It would be appreciated though if you can communicate widespread issues (even if you are not at a stage where you can tackle them), as it's just nice to be kept in the loop.

Regards,

DA

Edited by Das Attorney

Hi,

I noticed that it is very hard to see any targets and to engage them effectively with the jets. The problem is that the objects on the ground are too small, even on a 1080p screen. So would it not be a simple solution to increase the level of zoom when you rightclick in a jet? In DCS for example you can zoom in much more than here.

It would be great if this would be part of the stable win patch, as it should not take any time to fix this.

Hi,

I noticed that it is very hard to see any targets and to engage them effectively with the jets. The problem is that the objects on the ground are too small, even on a 1080p screen. So would it not be a simple solution to increase the level of zoom when you rightclick in a jet? In DCS for example you can zoom in much more than here.

It would be great if this would be part of the stable win patch, as it should not take any time to fix this.

thats the high FOV in jets and cars. these fov changes if you get faster are really anoying and should be disabled. or the possibility to disable it.

you can barley see the hud. please give us an option to diable that in cars and planes.

Spotted AI binocular dance again, no mods + DEV-version. The group have no special scripts running (may have just formed 4 men group connecting 4 1 man groups).

i have a problem ,

when i try to make new multi server (play/multiplayer/new/ lan or internet...)

i get crash on desktop and i get error

Distribution: 0

Version 1.12.115994

Fault time: 2014/03/14 16:40:17

Fault address: 0114445C 01:00D4345C C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe

file:

world:

Prev. code bytes: CC CC CC CC 55 8B EC 57 8B 7D 08 33 C0 83 C9 FF

Fault code bytes: F2 AE 83 C1 01 F7 D9 83 EF 01 8A 45 0C FD F2 AE

Registers:

EAX:00000000 EBX:00000001

ECX:FFFFFFFF EDX:00000022

ESI:00000000 EDI:00000008

CS:EIP:001B:0114445C

SS:ESP:0023:01E3F684 EBP:01E3F688

DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:003B GS:0000

Flags:00010286

=======================================================

note: Minidump has been generated into the file C:\....\AppData\Local\Arma 3\arma3_2014-03-14_16-38-33.mdmp

the mdmp is 10 mb file

and the bidmp is 18kb

i thing that is related with last update (stable) because i have not change anything of my mods or files.....

and the last successful attempt was 5 days ago...i think

everything else is working fine (editor and join servers)

We also had stutter while using several revive scripts. The game would just hang every 3-4 seconds.