Seems that the sound of "A-10s" gatling gun craches Arma :)

Edit.: It happened once and never again ;). But the sound... guys... imo Arma 2 A-10 sound was less like farting :P and more like death.

Edited by Byku

I have steam down too. I'm glad it's not just me. The idiot I get internet from disconnected it for about an hour after I've been waiting all day for the upload. No it comes back on at the same time the dev branch is ready. I thought my lost connection was due to that. I'm glad it's not

Steam is down for me as well. Of all the nights....

This, what are the odds, dammit

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

What's the matter?

The hotel building is nice. Also, the gatling sound on the Wipeout is pretty good. They just need to make the miniguns sound more like that.

Fucking Steam. Didn't know you can't play online without Steam being online. Fuck.

Seems that the sound of "A-10s" gatling gun craches Arma :)

Edit.: It happened once and never again ;). But the sound... guys... imo Arma 2 A-10 sound was less like farting :P and more like death.

The new jets ARE AWESOME, except the thing above ;). Also the fire from the rockets could use an update, those two 2d sprites look awful :P.

Yeah, for campaign, big deal.

Im the kind of person who dont know much about steam and achiements, care to explain what the pros and cons might be? :)

Im the kind of person who dont know much about steam and achiements, care to explain what the pros and cons might be? :)

To be honest, I've no idea? :confused:

I guess it might be fun for someone to hunt the achievements in-game and get them all, for cons, I really don't know, guess it might the anti-Steam thing some people have.

Personally I don't care if we have them, they affect my playing in no way.

Looks like the furniture snatching aliens have removed the elevators from the hotel - goddammit, would've been really cool

Essentially it'll be a little popup when you hit certain points in the campaign. A kind of virtual badge to say "I've done x" on your profile. They're usually just updates to do with how far in the story you've gotten or which ending you earned if there are multiple endings. Many are alost mini-game or challenge oriented, such as "Complete x mission without killing anyone" or "Complete the shooting range with 100% accuracy". There's no real downsides for them, barring being irrationally upset that a 'gamey' aspect has slipped into this game. They have no effect on actual in-game actions or add new features or anything, they're just what the name suggests: Things you've personally achieved in your game.

In general, achievements are seen as incentives for the player to play a game in a certain way. You unlock an achievement after performing a certain action, for example playing the game for 100 hours, or shooting something in a certain way, solving a puzzle in record time, finding all collectable items in game, etc ( it really depends on the game you are playing).

+ what Marcai said :)

Is anyone else having problems with Steam saying your account name does not exist? First it says i'm not online, my password doesn't work, now when I try to get a new password it says my account doesn't exist..

Is anyone else having problems with Steam saying your account name does not exist? First it says i'm not online, my password doesn't work, now when I try to get a new password it says my account doesn't exist..

Same here... :'(

Steam is down for the moment (my password did work enough to get me into Arma 3 in single player in offline mode) - would have posted some hotel screenshots but need Steam for that.

The detailing for the hotel is a notch up from other places - still no furniture or anything, but electrical outlets and bathroom shower. But the place is a mess, some serious explosions have happened here

Since Steam is down, can someone upload an imgur album of new assets?

Steam is down for the moment (my password did work enough to get me into Arma 3 in single player in offline mode) - would have posted some hotel screenshots but need Steam for that.

The detailing for the hotel is a notch up from other places - still no furniture or anything, but electrical outlets and bathroom shower. But the place is a mess, some serious explosions have happened here

From pictures/video's it's what the place looks like, it was abandoned for some reason a few years ago.

The place looks more run down in the real life then it does in arma.

+ what Marcai said :)

Achievement unlocked: Beat a mod to a post :cool:

Must echo what's been said before. My net's not exactly up to scratch at the moment due to non-Steam-related issues, but I'd love to see the new Altis structures. I'm actually quite intruiged about the smaller ones that we're likely to see dotted around; kiosks, lifeguard stations and the like. Small features like those always add a lot of life to an otherwise dead world, so I really hope that BIS continue to add new buildings and objects in the future!

From pictures/video's it's what the place looks like, it was abandoned for some reason a few years ago.

The place looks more run down in the real life then it does in arma.

Holy crap what a dump. But BI really got it depicted very well in-game, impressive work.