Performance is really good for me with this build. Client FPS never below 20 with 250-300+ units, 100+ vehicles, 50+ groups. Server FPS like A2 :) "because of your patches !!!!!!!!!"

Watch out BIS.

There are *some shadow LOD artifacts in Stable branch/probably coming from latest objects/buildings across ALTIS.

Sorry i don't have more specific info about "what" building causes this-i was playing in an ALTIS village

I'm also getting frame drops on all sectors. With the latest patch I went from 52 -> 45fps in Altis benchmark. Can't really enjoy the new campaign either since i'm only getting 12 fps when the going gets rough. :(

Performance seems to be worse with the latest update. Altis benchmark gives me 5 FPS less than before.

Seriously BIS now that campaign is finished you should put in more effort and resourses to improve FPS instead of making it worse. Otherwise I'm quite happy with the development.

Nope I'm talking about the stable update(probably the wrong place to wright about it) and I'm talking about AI stress situations. Yeah when I put myself on an empty map through editor it looks great with good FPS. Once again I'm talking about AI intensive moments with a battle going on.

Guys seriously, did you increase night time brightness with one of the last updates? The moon seems to make everything much brighter then it used to be. It starts to look like skyrim where everything was almost daylight bright at night, but well skyrim had two huge damn moons.

I recently played Showcases Night and Drones. They appear much brighter then they used to be. The Survive mission where you have to get to LZ connor to meet the FIA can safely be played without even using the NVGs you get.

And there isn´t even a full moon in these missions!

Ok we almost got similar setup. Do you have the Arma 3 benchmark mission? It would be interesting to see your FPS there.

I got the i5-2500k as well but overclocked it to @4.4 ghz and the GTX570 Asus :)

Hopefully most of the things that are assigned on the feedback tracker get fixed before Zeus release. That would be a keystone as the final campaign episode dropped just the other day. Its chop time in the kitchen.

I've actually noticed a significant increase in responsiveness and performance with 1.15 on my laptop.

Keep up the great work BIS! :D

Hi, Tonci87, we didn't change setup for lighting at the last time. Maybe you have other date and moon is more intensive. However we have in the plan to change this part of lighting to more darker. Thanks for you opinion.

Hi, Tonci87, we didn't change setup for lighting at the last time. Maybe you have other date and moon is more intensive. However we have in the plan to change this part of lighting to more darker. Thanks for you opinion.

Now you really made me think I´m insane, thanks for that :p

Another Issue. I´m just playing through all campaign Episodes and the tieline at the end of Survive is seriously screwed up.

Crossing paths is a night mission that takes place at 20:10. You return to camp 2 hours after you complete the mission (that is what the cutscene says). So it is aproximately 22:30. The guy tells you that Miller will be briefing everybody on the situation. Cut, and suddenly it´s around 18:00 o´ clock!

Where did the whole day go?

The next Mission Tipping point starts at 18:15 and should finish around 18:40. With you

Getting into the boat

The next Cutscene starts at 5:00

with Stratis dissapearing behind the boats

Now where did the whole night go?

I think you have to move the start of tipping point back to 4:15 in the morning. And you have to move the briefing for that mission too!

Which benchmark? Just tested this here, got 37 FPS average on Altis, 38 on Stratis.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151794-ArmA3Mark-Benchmark-your-ArmA-3

View distance 2738

Graphics 1920x1080

Settings all on Ultra, but:

Vsync off

Caustics off

FSAA 4x

PIP Standard

Edited by KingoftheSandbox

Yes this is exactly what I was asking for. Thank you for testing . I have higher FPS but I have lower view distance and standard to high settings.

In this particular benchmark I got lower FPS when comparing to the previous patch.

Well something has changed.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3332968549886912723/9AD12D00E8B494F95E7F98FDA3AE09ED4B8A4B74/

This is a screenshot taken during the first scouting mission in Adapt. Ingame time 1:00

As you can see there is only a half moon but the brightness is more fitting for a full moon. I know that when I played this mission for the first time (when Adapt was released) you very basically screwed without NVGs. Now look how bright it is. Could you please see if the mission date has been changed?

Well something has changed.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3332968549886912723/9AD12D00E8B494F95E7F98FDA3AE09ED4B8A4B74/

This is a screenshot taken during the first scouting mission in Adapt. Ingame time 1:00

As you can see there is only a half moon but the brightness is more fitting for a full moon. I know that when I played this mission for the first time (when Adapt was released) you very basically screwed without NVGs. Now look how bright it is. Could you please see if the mission date has been changed?

I can barely see the weapon in that screenshot, other than that, I see the moon and a silhouette of the horizon but that's it, any chance your monitor settings have changed or something?

Updated: Night in ZGM missions is now much brighter thanks to the Mun

Too much Kerbal Space Program? :p

I can barely see the weapon in that screenshot, other than that, I see the moon and a silhouette of the horizon but that's it, any chance your monitor settings have changed or something?

Dude that could be it. I know that I changed my monitors brightness and contrast at some point but I don´t remember if I did that before or after the release of Adapt. Damn....

Sorry guys.

I have asked the sound department to be sure and the issue seems to be in units of the sample length - You seem to use seconds, but it is in samples :icon_twisted:

Can I get some definitive answer about this please, I cant find any BIS config using this feature. I have attempted to use samples as the measurement yet it still loops the entire file as far as i can see.

The A164's GAU8 definitely uses some kind of looping system yet its not visible in the A164 config so does that mean its at a parent level etc.

Okay I'm not on dev branch but you guys ought to know.

I just updated and started playing the campaign and I’m noticing a lot of graphical hitches! Basically all textures have this mesh moving over them… especially vegetation seems off… everything is very aliased… many objects have these misplaced bright outlines… there are bright lines along the very edge of the screen… the shadows on my character’s arms bug at the edge of the screen… shadows are terrible when close up to them… all tree textures have these clearly visible seams I’ve never noticed…

All of a sudden everything looks so bad. It’s very distracting and makes it difficult to spot enemies or much of anything. In the downed helicopter mission I couldn’t see the enemies with all of this crappy aliasing all over my screen. I’m standing up and the entire screen is crawling which is immensely distracting and before I can see anything I’m being shot at.

Unfortunately it’s difficult to capture all of this atrocity in a screenshot.

It feels exactly like when I’m playing an old DOSBox game in low resolution or in the wrong aspect ratio. Seems especially bad in vegetation. In the tree crowns pixels clump together and form un-natural looking squares and on tree trunk textures the mesh pattern I mentioned is especially noticeable.

Everything is just all over the place. Is it just me?

http://i.imgur.com/eZ40QFU.jpg (392 kB)

Edit: aw... imgur fucks up the quality completely. Oh well.

---------- Post added at 02:52 ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 ----------

Here's an example of exactly what I see going on in the ARMA textures:

3SPljDK.jpg

Here's two 48x48 icons downsized to 32x32, the left one using bilinear resampling and the right one using nearest neighbour resampling.

The right one is exactly what I see.

So instead of everything being smooth and nice the textures crawl and straight lines and cubes move in a mesh like pattern across textures when they move slowly across the screen.

JUST NOW, literally, as this is posted, I was driving a Kamysh by some rocks as cover from enemy Armor, and got shot into the sky. Everything on my tank turned red instantly, and I hit the ground and exploded. This is in Stable, but i'm pretty sure it can happen in Dev.