hello guys.

i just found a couple of "unrealistic problems" :

first: with a164 (the futuristic A10) i noticed that hitting a parachute with the plane, results in the plane instantly destroyed (like if it hit a mountain) and the parachute happily and safely going on its slow going down, without damage. thats pretty tragic!

second: i noticed that putting a satchel near a tree and exploding it, did not kill that tree.after i tested placing 10 satchels, shooted titan missiles, nothing could put that tree down. then i tried with a tank , shooting has no effect at all. BUT....driving into the tree (with the tank) finally put that tree on the ground. now thats tragic and unrealistic....ill explain why i discovered this: i landed with an helicopter near a tree....it gets rotor damaged just when i touched ground (and thats unrealistic too...a rotor critically damaged by few leaves...mah!) then...the only solution in my opinion was remove that tree.....or i cant take off....so i tried.

last thing: weapons seems do too few damage.... in single player campaign i needed 3-4 5.56mm shots to kill a simple soldier (when 1 bullet should be enought to incapacitate someone, or at least push him on the ground if he had heavy armor) and explosives too ... it takes many satchels or exploding charges to kill an armor or building....this should be 1-satchels = 1 thing surely destroyed (if placed correctly).

hope it helps make game better, thanks bye

Regarding AI falling to the ground when hit, check TPW FALL.

Yay!

hello guys.

i just found a couple of "unrealistic problems" :

first: with a164 (the futuristic A10) i noticed that hitting a parachute with the plane, results in the plane instantly destroyed (like if it hit a mountain) and the parachute happily and safely going on its slow going down, without damage. thats pretty tragic!

second: i noticed that putting a satchel near a tree and exploding it, did not kill that tree.after i tested placing 10 satchels, shooted titan missiles, nothing could put that tree down. then i tried with a tank , shooting has no effect at all. BUT....driving into the tree (with the tank) finally put that tree on the ground. now thats tragic and unrealistic....ill explain why i discovered this: i landed with an helicopter near a tree....it gets rotor damaged just when i touched ground (and thats unrealistic too...a rotor critically damaged by few leaves...mah!) then...the only solution in my opinion was remove that tree.....or i cant take off....so i tried.

last thing: weapons seems do too few damage.... in single player campaign i needed 3-4 5.56mm shots to kill a simple soldier (when 1 bullet should be enought to incapacitate someone, or at least push him on the ground if he had heavy armor) and explosives too ... it takes many satchels or exploding charges to kill an armor or building....this should be 1-satchels = 1 thing surely destroyed (if placed correctly).

hope it helps make game better, thanks bye

Unfortunately many of these observations are legacy "problems" going back years. I'm not saying that this makes them right though. The best recommended and "official way" is to go to the feedback tracker http://feedback.arma3.com/plugin.php?page=Vote/list_bugs , Register and then create a ticket for each item. The more info and detail you can provide will (hopefully) assist in getting these matters addressed.

As of revision 116365 in DEV branch, we will be introducing a fix to the bug that happens when you switch to a new weapon during reloading. Currently, the reloading animation for most states (except for launcher) is a gesture played on top of the primary animation channel, so the "switching" animation starts during the reload.

The current solution is that the new weapon is still logically selected, however, the switching animation is postponed until the reloading animation is finished.

The problem is that the new solution might create feeling of delay and, for example, if you spot an enemy during reload and want to kill them quickly using the current weapon, you will have to wait until the new logically selected weapon is also selected animation-wise. Players can still counter this by switching back to the current weapon during reload, in this case no switching animation will happen. We would appreciate your feedback on whether this is too much of an issue for you, so we can possibly introduce alternative solution.

This has been a long time issue - Can you not make switching to a weapon while reloading interrupt the current animation and switch instead? Usually when trying to switch weapons in the middle of a reload it's because there's an emergency and something you need to shoot RIGHT NOW. I think making the animation pause until the current animation is done would not better the situation, but would worsen it instead. Now, instead of just waiting for the reload to be done in order to fire the weapon you switched to(which already makes switching weapons while reloading pointless, but it's a reflex action from most other games that support this action), you'll have to wait for the weapon you already have to finish it's reload animation, THEN wait for the weapon switch animation to fire, which will take another couple of seconds.

So my vote goes to either leave it like it is, or make it actually stop playing the current animation and switch. In no way would I want to see this process lengthened even more than it already is.

With the reload animation/switch weapon problem, in real life if you tried switching weapons in the middle of reloading you would probably drop the weapon that you were reloading on the floor with the magazine. It would probably better to stop the animation, drop the weapon & mag on the floor and switch weapon.

I guess IRL you would have a sling though.

Yay!

I guess IRL you would have a sling though.

Yay!

In real life they used to get us to remove the slings when out on patrol. It made you hold the weapon in your hands, reduced the risk of noise and wouldn't get caught on undergrowth, and don't ever lean your weapon against a wall. It's all as bad as having a negligent discharge.

In real life they used to get us to remove the slings when out on patrol. It made you hold the weapon in your hands, reduced the risk of noise and wouldn't get caught on undergrowth, and don't ever lean your weapon against a wall. It's all as bad as having a negligent discharge.
Really? I'm genuinily surprised.

Any action requiring two hands would see you stopping, kneeling, placing the weapon on the ground, standing up, performing the action, kneeling again, taking the weapon back and only then resuming movement.

Plus a well placed sling would be quite adherent to your body, making it really hard for it to tangle anywhere. I've been playing airsoft for a couple of years exclusively in dense undergrowth woods, and my sling never tangled anywhere. Also noise is easily avoided with a good quality sling and some sound damping materials placed on the ring used to attach the weapon.

For the holding the weapon in your hands matter, I thought it relied on each individual proper mindset: what I mean is that if you know you should be keeping the weapon at a ready holding it with both hands, then as a trained individual you should have the force of will to do so, whether the sling is there or not.

Let me make clear that I'm not questioning your training, but from a simple airsoft player point of view, I find it a baffling decision. :)

What if you were to help a fellow patroller that got stuck or tangled somewhere? Or you had to operate your radio in a manner that required two hands? Or you needed to pull yourself up over a head-high ridge? Putting the weapon on the ground would deprive you of any quick reaction possibilites in case something happened while you were performing a two handed action.

What if the ground was muddy/watery? Wouldn't the gun risk malfunctions caused by the dirt?

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

Can we get a fix for the medic warping in front of people when healing them? Also it would be nice if the medic didn't inject himself with the meds, meaning an animation for healing another would be needed. I Just can't tell you how many times playing as a medic, I go to heal someone, BAM get shot cause it warps in front of them.

It's been like this since the Beta, was really hoping it was gonna be fixed when Arma 3 released, sadly not yet still.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14778

Edited by Lib3r8eR

Seems to be a misalignment issue with the stadium after today's tweaks on Dev. The central section of the stands (with the tower) is offset towards the hill, causing holes in the track.

Related to this Ticket, but has now sent the tower section in the other direction.

Stadium01

Stadium02

Stadium03

Stadium04

Regards

E

*Updated: Offroad PhysX - lowered inertia, strengthened clutch, changed gearbox and engine*
:yay:

In relation to the above update I found that lowering inertia appears to have positive outcome although if just very subtle.

Reducing the inertia further may produce even better results however there appears to be side effect to it too - the vehicle is sort of floating in a sense that weight transfer is not nearly immediate but appears to be delayed. ( as in - taking its time to take effect )

btw - curing the erratic steering wheel animation when turning left and right is appreciated

One more thing - there might be something wrong with rear left wheel ( rear left as when in driver seat ) on said civilian offroad. From my observations the rear left wheel appear to have a brake applied for split moment when in stand still. The behaviour and what to observe is that the vehicle is being pushed slightly to the right side as if the wheel is trapped or damaged when reversing from stand still or again moving forward from stand still

Can we get a fix for the medic warping in front of people when healing them? Also it would be nice if the medic didn't inject himself with the meds, meaning an animation for healing another would be needed. I Just can't tell you how many times playing as a medic, I go to heal someone, BAM get shot cause it warps in front of them.

It's been like this since the Beta, was really hoping it was gonna be fixed when Arma 3 released, sadly not yet still.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14778

Seconded...this is really annoying. (mainly the warping thing...extremely dangerous)

I just gave the civilian offroad a try and noticed some things: the car brakes on its own, on a downslope asphalt road it comes to a stop in about 35 m from and initial speed of 50 km/h, with no input. Obviously steering slows it down even quicker. This feel wrong, after all it's an automatic transmission and it should stay in gear or switch to neutral when the player doesn't accelerate or brake. Sometimes the car seems to have cruise control engaged, but I cannot reproduce it. Other cars (hatchback) show the same behavior, albeit not as extreme.

edit: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18277

Another issue is that in 1st person or 3rd person when driving backwards, the camera starts to jitter. It seems to be caused by the automatic FOV increase that reaches it's maximum after only a few seconds of acceleration. Then the max speed is reached and the FOV stop to increase and goes back and forth creating this jitter effect. Sometimes this also happens when going forward

Edited by bonham
added feedback tracker link

Yes I'm getting the camera jitter when pulling away or stopping - also the offroad stops dead quickly as if glued (so if you go slow then tap the reverse key the car stops dead in it's tracks - just seems a bit extreme to me).

What I do really like is the revs and gearbox going uphill.

The revs stay nice and high and you can hear the engine thrashing while climbing steep inclines (which sounds pretty much like the real thing from my limited experience offroading).

What I do really like is the revs and gearbox going uphill.

The revs stay nice and high and you can hear the engine thrashing while climbing steep inclines (which sounds pretty much like the real thing from my limited experience offroading).

Is the climbing ability better than before or is it just the sounds?

I'm not sure - It makes it all the way up to the top of the hill from Stratis airbase now - before I seem to recall it running out of steam, but I can't be sure.

did anybody else notice that the Commander MG of the Kuma has no muzzle flash? It's very obvious at night

and the crew helmets look outside the turret ^^ and the bug from the t100 shot turret crew out whit pistols no problem in (the slammer up to ( driver ) ) and the camoscheme size is in the kuma wrong its to big .....

Never seen these issues ingame and nothing in data indicates that. Please record video, make screenshots, otherwise I'm unable to reproduce it.

muzzleflash lacking on Kuma

2014-04-04_0000603ujq.jpg2014-04-04_00009haud8.jpg

Light appearance for Kuma different then Greenfor Wheeled APC (cant keep the name -.-). Looks like the flare for the light is missing?

2014-04-04_00002q1ue7.jpg2014-04-04_00003gxu07.jpg

Release Version, but havent seen any patch notes on this in dev

Can't confirm JgBtl292's claims

Edited by Fennek

I´ve captured the massive fps-issue (fps drop to 1) i have since 1 month (didnt matter if using mods or not) when shooting on vehicles, strange that only csat vehicles seem to inject this issue which cause the drop.

Before someone ask: yes, i´ve tried all things started from fresh install to cleaning drivers and the whole procedre...

Recorded it for the devs (they have asked for it^^) and clip shows me firing with the NATO AA Tank on a M5 Sandstorm MLRS and BTR-Kaymesh (in both vehicles enemy active)

http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/52202082/file.html

I hope that someone knows where the problem is :)

muzzleflash lacking on Kuma

http://abload.de/thumb/2014-04-04_0000603ujq.jpghttp://abload.de/thumb/2014-04-04_00009haud8.jpg

Light appearance for Kuma different then Greenfor Wheeled APC (cant keep the name -.-). Looks like the flare for the light is missing?

http://abload.de/thumb/2014-04-04_00002q1ue7.jpghttp://abload.de/thumb/2014-04-04_00003gxu07.jpg

Release Version, but havent seen any patch notes on this in dev

Can't confirm JgBtl292's claims

Thanks alot!

I´ve captured the massive fps-issue (fps drop to 1) i have since 1 month (didnt matter if using mods or not) when shooting on vehicles, strange that only csat vehicles seem to inject this issue which cause the drop.

Before someone ask: yes, i´ve tried all things started from fresh install to cleaning drivers and the whole procedre...

Recorded it for the devs (they have asked for it^^) and clip shows me firing with the NATO AA Tank on a M5 Sandstorm MLRS and BTR-Kaymesh (in both vehicles enemy active)

http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/52202082/file.html

I hope that someone knows where the problem is :)

could you turn this into A3feedbacktracker ticket ? so I can assign it ? ;)

Btw, I like the use of shadow maps on the offroad, a step in the right direction.

Since we're talking vehicles: the amphibious vehicles have a minor issue when in water. They can do donuts since they seem to revolve around a point in front of the vehicle, especially noticable with the Strider, it practically swims sideways. I think the amphibious vehicles should be able to turn more on the spot, similar to boats with a jet propulsion. The Marshall and the Marid even have small azimuth thrusters. http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=10327