Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

My guess is that it is mission depending. Servers can run missions that only have OA stuff, or missions with OA and ArmA2, or both. I don't really see how this is gamebreaking thing.. Why is it that ppl first want more and more, and now that they get more they moan? I am happy with OA, I have preorder'd it, I own ArmA2= win combination.

There should really be a filter for that. OA Standalone or OA + Arma2.

I'm sure there will come missions that only deals with OA content.

Hi all

PC Format Magazine full page adverts for ArmA II. Operation Arrowhead.

Now all we need is the TV program sponsorship for say the UNIT or Star Gate on TV.

Kind Regards walker

In this case, I think that calling Arrowhead a standalone game is misleading. No one buys Arma 2 to play alone - but that's not my point.

This is very wrong... more people play in the editor than online. :)

Tons of people will buy ArmA 2: Arrowhead thinking they can play online with it, only to discover that all the servers will be running a mixture of Arma 2 and Arrowhead, thus alienating Arrowhead users.

In reality, there will be no online play for those who buy Arma 2: Arrowhead as a standalone game. Why promote it as such? So people will buy it and then be forced to buy Arma 2 if they want to play online. Why not tell people the truth. If you want to join online servers, you'll need both games.

Really? I think it will be exactly the opposite. Arma 2 vanilla will take the backseat to Arrowhead. Keep in mind that most things will be there already. The main difference will be in the available maps and to a lesser degree, factions (since most weapons/vehicles will be included).

My guess is that it will come down to two things:

1) Performance! More desert-y terrain should mean a boost. And as such, should be more enjoyable than Chernarus to play on.

2) Open terrain is where the roots of OFP is. The longer range combat the better - not CQB inside forests. Since Arrowhead will have an urban map too, people will get enough CQB regardless. So it will be the best of two worlds.

While I am sure that SOME server will do it, I dont quite see the lure in playing on Chernarus using AH. But I suppose if everyone that has Arma2 dont buy AH, it would be less servers yes. Somehow I think most fans will buy it though.

Why not tell people the truth. If you want to join online servers, you'll need both games.
Well, you could always create (or join) an ArmA II:OA only server.

Or spend an extra $10 and get :Combined Operations and all of your problems are solved. If you hadn't previously purchased ArmA II this is quite a deal if you ask me.

The truth is out there.

Unless the server is running a mission that requires OA content, those who only own Arma 2 will be able to join, and vice versa. Just because the OA content is on the server shouldn't mean you can't go on there all together. It's been the same for all of BIS' games when they've had expansions.

i would think that the OA.exe will have a different engine version number, thus be incompatible with arma2 only games (A2 1.05 vs OA 1.50 for example)

like how vanilla ofp went to 1.46 and with resistance it went to 1.96

just buy the damn combined operations. it is an amazing deal considering the amount of shit that will be crammed onto those couple disks, at a regular game price. DO IT!

i would think that the OA.exe will have a different engine version number, thus be incompatible with arma2 only games (A2 1.05 vs OA 1.50 for example)

Ah, good point. Scratch what I said above, I didn't remember back to when OFP was v1.46. :p

just buy the damn combined operations. it is an amazing deal considering the amount of shit that will be crammed onto those couple disks, at a regular game price. DO IT!

QFT

If you like OA, and didnt have A2 before, there is no reason not to spend that additional 10$. The fact is that this game will entertain you for at least 5 years, so the price can never be the problem. And if you think otherwise, tell me what a ticket to the cinema costs for a 2 hour movie...

If you like OA, and didnt have A2 before, there is no reason not to spend that additional 10$. The fact is that this game will entertain you for at least 5 years, so the price can never be the problem. And if you think otherwise, tell me what a ticket to the cinema costs for a 2 hour movie...

10 chars of this. :D

I've never actually owned a product that's gotten as much use as BIS' games. That includes OFP, ArmA and Arma 2. I've now been playing them for almost 9 years, and they're still not getting old.

Yeah, most games I've played burn out after 6 months or less :(

Yeah, ArmA2s more like 30EUR rather then 10$:cool: but yes, it lasts long.

What is the guy sitting down third pic??

Also I like how the rooms look better in terms of drapes,bowls etc.

UN CDF Officer, looks like it.

Totally awesome screenshots. :)

I want OA even more!!!

Wheres the kitchen? bathroom

man those Takistanis are roughing it! :p

Needs moar stuff in the houses to make them more epic to shoot in!

Exactly! Thats a Fucking steal! Excuse my language.

Why wouldnt you spend the extra 10 bucks, all the extra content you're getting the islands, marines, everything! I thought BIS would price the bundle at like 80 euros.

I would easily pay 100 dollars for OA. Totally worth it if you think about all the gameplay and memories that will come forth.

Edited by Flash Thunder

I'm going to use that Lee Enfield so much :D

definetly. have competitions to see who can hit the target the furthest.

definetly. have competitions to see who can hit the target the furthest.

Would be fun in a team-deathmatch. One team has the lee enfield, the other has the hightech-scar-super-flir weapon thingy. I would be rootin for the lee enfield team :shine:

the review embrago is over; Operation Arrowhead review at http://www.hrajmobil.sk/sk/pc/arma-ii-operation-arrowhead . There are new screenshots from the game at the bottom of the page.:yay:

7/10 is the score.

This is Googles quality translation:

****** warning here be spoilers!!!!!!! ************

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hrajmobil.sk%2Fsk%2Fpc%2Farma-ii-operation-arrowhead&sl=auto&tl=en

****** warning here be spoilers!!!!!!! ************

Edited by sparks50

7/10 is the score.

This is Googles quality translation:

Be careful, there's a lot of spoilers. Pretty much spoils the entire campaign.

Edited by Hamm

As a Warning, It talks pretty much about campaign so I tried to skip that part, not to spoil...

Edit: Hamm was first :)