Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

OA will most likely run smoother than A2 due to less vegitation. When did you last play A2? Have you played with patch 1.05 or even better the latest beta patch?

It's been about 4 or 5 months since I've played it I think.

latest beta patch makes an incredible boost in performance. Plus OA's terrain is less tree-y so should also be easier on the GPU...

OA will most likely run smoother than A2 due to less vegitation. When did you last play A2? Have you played with patch 1.05 or even better the latest beta patch?

On my computer (GTX260) enabling grass would normally cause a 7fps drop, even on lowest. Putting it on max would only drag it down 2-3 more.

New beta 71548 contains some improvements in RAM management and some preparations for the next step, which will be enabling the application as LARGEADDRESSAWARE (running as LARGEADDRESSAWARE should fix the out of memory issues on 64b systems).

Quoted from the latest beta patch release.

Looks like you'll be able to make use of your 8Gb without a RAM disk fairly soon.

I haven't played Arma 2 in quite some time but I am thinking about getting Arrowhead and giving it another go. Should I expect a more optimized game or more of the same?

I wouldnt expect too much. It's a desert, but place enough AI on Utes and it will run just as bad as it does usually.

Edit: do I need to register to watch in HD?

Edited by ziiip

New 17 min. gameplay video from Arrowhead http://gameslife.ru/otherarticles/index_89408.html#

Nice video but i noticed one thing, when the player got hit he called out for a medic but nothing happened. 2nd time he called out for a medic he came after a little while, it seems like the 'non responsive AI' is still a problem.

Though I do have a question : Why is our character in arma2 / OA always a 12 year old?

? What do you mean?

Weapon smoke delay seems fixed in the new video.

Screen was also shaking when a helicopter flew over him. :D

? What do you mean?

Possibly that he doesn't sound somethink like for example this guy

, strong macho voice :rolleyes:.

Huh, this video is kinda spoiler. I wont watch it.

If you translate the russian text it says the spoilers have been cut.

the voice acting is still good old arma 2 :) to be honest it actually is sounding a lot better overall, it was just that one guy "DONT WORRY, ITS GOING TO BE A PIECE OF CAKE" XD

...Though I do have a question : Why is our character in arma2 / OA always a 12 year old?

Hi Windexglow

Old men are always the Generals. Middle aged men make up most of the officers along with sergeants.

Front line is always kids. Reaction speed and lack of imagination as to what killing and being killed is.

Average age of US dead front line soldiers in the Vietnam conflict was just 19.

By the time you get to 30 death looses its appeal.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

I like the subtle HUD along with the with the clock system.

Edited by sparks50

It's forcing me to download the video rather than view it in that window for some reason. :butbut:

Edit: Well, now I can watch it. The radio protocol is a lot better than ArmA or Arma 2. The voice acting in some places is... Funny, but for the most part it's ok. The background ambient, inaudible radio noises are pretty cool too. But one thing that really rocks - the new sound track. :D

Edited by Zipper5

I clicked the play button and each time it started to download the flv file. I just downloaded it eventually and played it with Adobe Media Player.

I love the 'shake' effect when the helicopter flies overhead/when the bradley drives past :)

Also the new sound-enging effects can be seen in action; I heard 2 people speak at the same time!

I'm curious as to how I can get the colours in my ARMA 2 to look as they do when the game saves.. maybe gamma all the way down? :D

where can you download and use the beta patch?

How did you download it?

Ñкачать = Download

Google translate is yer friend

http://translate.google.com

HD version is 734MB

SD version is 138MB

Theres also several programs that let you save flash content or retrieve it from your browser cache.

This is the one I use. http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/video_cache_view.html

you have to wait until the entire video has downloaded in your browser then run the program.

Edited by jblackrupert