Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

@DXfan01: Define your squad yourself, in CfgIdentities in description.ext, problem solved. Not sure if changing the mission.sqm seed value does anything.

wow thanks i never even knew you could do that.

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead

935 Members

We have 2 days to bring more 65 people so we can see some dev or Mod in underwear! C´mon!

Edited by Smurf

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead

935 Members

We have 2 days to bring more 65 people so we can see some dev or Mod in underwear! C´mon!

It's less then 2 weeks till release. Pictures and videos should be flooding out of Bohemia.

The majority of the stuff we have is low resolution pictures and standard definition video.

No wonder so few people know about Arma 2

It's less then 2 weeks till release. Pictures and videos should be flooding out of Bohemia.

The majority of the stuff we have is low resolution pictures and standard definition video.

No wonder so few people know about Arma 2

I ask all my Buddys from Steam to Join the Group (even if no one of them care ArmA 2)

so did the ported models get some add polygons or something thats my concern

Yes, because making the models more high-poly makes them so much better :j:

I dont know what the hell im talking about

You said it.

"get some add polygons or something" means he knows he's not expert but wonder if models have been upgraded to OA-like standards, if any change is to be made.

Nitpicking much, eh?

And my point was just adding polys to a model doesnt make it better.

Compared to the vast majority of games out there, even ArmA1 was way ahead of the curve in terms of model detail.

Oh god no. Not here as well. :D

Ok tuck those vuvuzelas away now and keep on track with OA please. ;)

By eck that should have had a disclosure or something regarding heart attacks!!! Scared the hell out of me!! :eek:

I wonder if we will have more glasses to chose from . What ... someone had to get the discussion back on track :D .

And my point was just adding polys to a model doesnt make it better.

Compared to the vast majority of games out there, even ArmA1 was way ahead of the curve in terms of model detail.

Quite true and OA is progressing with it's content, take for example the AH-64 and CH-47 vs the UH-1Y and AH-1Z. For one the first two have backlit displays as compared to the shadow hindered latter.

Even used Assets get a bump, look at the shilka and T-72, vs what they were in A1, the BTR-80 is getting a bit of a lift as well.

The M3A2 is an excellent unit in both model and texture, in fact if you look closely you might think it has 3D tracks in this image..look closely.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27595678@N06/4536021022/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27595678@N06/4535391787/sizes/o/

Either way this more advance alpha play is certainly more appealing than your default 'full chunk' or 'paper thin tracks' to achieve the alpha. It would be wonderful to see it on more tanks, it's on the T-64 but not much else I can see..

Oh and on subject of HMMWV it's a mixed bag, if you look closely you can see changes between the variants in A2. For example M240 and Avenger have bumpers with 3D holes, the headlamps on the hood are rounder and there are exra faces on the tail lights for reflection mapping. The M2 has less round, a more simple bumper and lacks any of the tail light environment reflection (a sad loss imo).

Edited by NodUnit

ere i like how the beer market thing is actually about BIS and CM

My A2 hmmwv (model with the m240 turret) turned to cardboard some 300 meters away, i've come to apretiate good looking lod's more than bolts and screws...

And i wish we could adjust shadder detail (like Arma 1) because some surfaces in A2 look either too shiny or wet to me.

That's all done in the rvmat or specular, the wet you see is the enviromental map, strength affecetd by specular power as well as the map itself, if you use pure pink have nothing but you lose it...Some units allow you to remove the map entirerly but others such as T-72/90, Shilka, Abrams and a few others won't.

Exmple, the shiney parts are defaul specular, the lesser are adjusted. http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/Arma%202%20NATO%20retexture/shinediffabrams.jpg

You can even get a very little shine and reflection (or remove it) by messing with either the rvmat or specular http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/Arma%202%20NATO%20retexture/lav-25-1.jpg

As for the wetness..reflection map is not always best to remove, in cases such as weapons it works great for dark rifles, as it kind of fakes global illumination. http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/NodUnit/wronganglesderp.png

PS I know all the pictures shown are from a gallery, it is not my intention to be showcasing, these were simply the fastest and already set examples I had on hand.

Edited by NodUnit

... seriously?

He probally meant 22. 1 less now.

(For the OA steam group to reach 1k members for those who are wondering).