Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

ArmA 2 looks better than MW2. Atleast on my computer...

but you got, like, a supa computa

My specs don't affect the way the game looks, It's just a matter of what settings you run the game at. Maxed out, ArmA 2 is one of the best looking games out. Top 5 easily.

but you got' date=' like, a supa computa[/quote']

You have a GTX 470. Use it. I'm sliing two GTX 280s and the game looks great when you bump the settings up.

[/color]

I think so. If you want some Crysis graphics in ArmA 2 then the maps would be much more smaller and full of "loading..., please wait loading..." and MP would be limited to smaller numbers.

For the size of ArmA, i think that the graphics are in pretty good shape. Try it at very high and 3D Res of 200% or see some high screens shots out there in arma 2 photography topic.

I already run very high and at 150%, also IIRC Crysis runs better than Arma 2 at the same view distance (2km?).

Are you using the landtex mod for Chernarus?

Yes I am, sure it looks better, but not that pretty anyway :P

I laugh when people bitch about the graphics on a milsim. Go back to CoD if that is all yu worry about.

The graphics are fine for this game, but the "performance:graphics" ratio is horrible. Why would I want shitty AI, decent graphics and bad performance :P?

maybe if they have alot of pateince like all of us. I seriously have spent 100 hours easily just learning this games controls, features and command system, the typical gamer at E3 wouldn't want a game that isnt "jump in jump out" like COD or Battlefield im not trying to stereotype them but its true alot of people just want to get on and have fun, Arma 2 requires alot of tasks before that can happen and getting online as discussed by the community numerous times is getting more difficult by the week.

Sure Arma 2 has pretty graphics but it also takes a mammoth PC to run it in a way that brings out its best even Gametrailers a popular mainstream gaming website said this in A2 review.

Arma 2 takes alot of time to play and learn (steep learning curve)

Can be frusterating if you dont got a good enough computer

PVP system has problems when mods are mixed in causing people to not being able to join a server.

BIS of all people recognizes this.

yeah but MS Kinect is only For XBOX 360, Arma 2 I doubt will ever come to consoles due to its 5 year old hardware, BIS would certainly try to port it but dont hold your breathe and I doubt they would ever waste more time implementing that wave your body junk.

no the MS kinect is compatible for pc's.

Hello guys,

I have russian ARMA2 (not Steam). If I install english OA from the Steam will I have conflict between old ARMA2 and OA?

Hello guys,

I have russian ARMA2 (not Steam). If I install english OA from the Steam will I have conflict between old ARMA2 and OA?

shouldnt have any problems

Hello guys,

The Russian version of OA will be language locked. If your Russian version of ArmA2 is also language locked, then yes you may have problems mixing with English OA. But if your Russian ArmA2 has English included you will be ok I think.

We need MOAR newz, come on it's E3 WEEK! :D

13 Days and counting :P

Well, get the Steam group up to 1,000 members and we'll get our news. Until then...

I am hoping for them to shed a bit more light on the storyline, wait, actually the AAN reports would handle that.

[/color]

I already run very high and at 150%, also IIRC Crysis runs better than Arma 2 at the same view distance (2km?).

And with higher view distance (read 3 to 5 or more km) and decent (ie more than a mere 2 dozens) AI running dynamically on map, Crysis is running how? How does it feel when you're piloting your A10 on CAS mission.... awww, wait...

Useless comparisons with engines designed to do something else should cease

No no, whisper. You see, Crysis' demand on systems > all. It says so right on the advertisements! :rolleyes:

Just because it looks very pretty doesn't mean it has as much demand on your system as something that has a lot of things functioning.

And with higher view distance (read 3 to 5 or more km) and decent (ie more than a mere 2 dozens) AI running dynamically on map, Crysis is running how? How does it feel when you're piloting your A10 on CAS mission.... awww, wait...

Useless comparisons with engines designed to do something else should cease

That and Crysis has a limited amount of objects per map, plus all objects and textures outside the player's reach via natural barriers are quite low quality, and do not change.

Someone once recreated the original Crysis E3 demo map (the one with the the really dense jungle). Most people couldn't run it with a smooth framerate even after Warhead's release (by then most people who were playing Crysis could finally run the game decently). The solution the map maker used I believe involved forcing the view distance of the map to a smaller distance, since with such a dense jungle you couldn't see further than 50m in most cases.

Edit: Before someone asks what my point was. Most people use the same solution in ArmA2 with the instant viewdistance addon. I know I'm constantly changing it to suit the environment and my framerate given the surroundings i'm in...unless it's at night. ArmA2 runs buttery smooth at night for me up to 6km viewdistance (even more if it's a map other than Chernarus), sometimes I get brave and crank up the 3d Resolution during night missions.

Edited by Steakslim

All this talk of reload animations??I think a higher priority animation and one that is easy to do is grenade animation.The left hand points in direction you will throw will suffice.

Amen.

Any word on a demo yet?

Only that they're hoping to release it before the game.

Only that they're hoping to release it before the game.

Get 1000 in OA Steam community and we get demo :D

Why would I want shitty AI, decent graphics and bad performance :P?

Beats me, maybe you should try ArmA 2 though. It's got great AI, nice graphics, and quite acceptable performance. Much better than whatever shitty game you're talking about (Crysis was it?).

Beats me, maybe you should try ArmA 2 though. It's got great AI, nice graphics, and quite acceptable performance. Much better than whatever shitty game you're talking about (Crysis was it?).

ownage :D

As i recall crysis was unplayable on my rig, even on the lowest settings. How arma 2 runs such finely is beyond me, but i like it. :D

Stop your fanboy-ism.

Great AI you say? How come this enemy aiming at me for 5 seconds BEHIND me doesn't shoot me? Apparently I killed it.

This AI that crashes into mountains/hills, this AI controlling a tank where I can run around it like 10 times before I start to fire at me from a 10meter distance?

Do you see what I did there?

Crysis is not a shitty game, it's got great gameplay and I'd play it again.

I do put ARMA > Crysis, but when it comes to simple tasks that the engine simple cannot handle and people yet "defend" it to the last bit, that pissess me off slightly.

Fanboy alert!!

Do you see what I did there?

You overreact severely to make a point? :p

this AI controlling a tank where I can run around it like 10 times before I start to fire at me from a 10meter distance?

Post an unaltered video of it, this is bullshit.

How come this enemy aiming at me for 5 seconds BEHIND me doesn't shoot me?

How do you know.