Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

... seriously?

I lol'd

1276047898733-1-1.jpg

ANYWAYS, ontopic.

Is there seriously no more news coming with OA 10 days away? No demo either? I think when there's 10 days left BIS should stop this stupid steam group stuff and give us some info we want to hear!

give us some info we want to hear!

Or you could just be patient, and in 10 days we'll have all the info we want. :j:

Or you could just be patient, and in 10 days we'll have all the info we want. :j:

It's bad PR though.

It's bad PR though.

After release you get all the gamer PR which is more likely what you want anyways.. true to word

After release you get all the gamer PR which is more likely what you want anyways.. true to word

Right, but I'd have the game anyway.

I think when there's 10 days left BIS should stop this stupid steam group stuff and give us some info we want to hear!

Heres your info

No Dedicated server support because nowadays who needs this worthless feature

No islands now, we figured that our community would enjoy a few building interiors to play in anyways, so we also took out all the vehicles in OA.

No Editor

We added a new innovative perk system, you can choose to drop grenades on your death, be invinsible, run forever, jump off cliffs and not die and more

Join in Progress do you guys really want this?

/sarcasm off

A few more days until we can all play OA I got to say though BIS should be showing us a few demo videos and give us a few new High def screens before release anyways... :rolleyes:

I'm thinking a demo would be pretty tasty right about now :biggrin:

It would heal my aching heart after the US World Cup game. :(

Demo would be killer but I doubt it.Pics are great but better still would be some in game first person fighting.;)

Just joined the Steam group also.

Edited by Wolfstriked

I'm pretty sure a few days back I said enough with the steam group counting and "I joined" posts. Now we have them again as if someones life would depend on it.

I'm pretty sure a few days back I said enough with the steam group counting and "I joined" posts. Now we have them again as if someones life would depend on it.

I would just like to point out that those types of posts is what ultimately made me aware of the whole "Steam Group Racing" idea. I wouldn't have joined if it weren't for those and others might not have either. Looking forward to the surprise.

People are just excited for some news. If there was a promise of new stuff when steam group reachs 1000 members i understand that they are in the right to at least ask what will be and when.

People are just excited for some news. If there was a promise of new stuff when steam group reachs 1000 members i understand that they are in the right to at least ask what will be and when.

Ask in Steam group then? I understand that people asking for what the "reward" will be, but is it so hard to understand when we say "enough with the steam group counting"?

I'm pretty sure the "reward" will shown soon whatever it might be. If not then grab your pitchforks and start searching for Dwarden. ;)

Arrowhead is going to get buried in all the E3 hype.

Someone at Bohemia seriously needs to start pumping out some videos in HD.

Youtube is free. take advantage of it.

Arma is the sort of game which has a dedicated fanbase which can't be expanded all that much with marketing. Its pretty much the same fanbase as the original Op Flash to be honest, I can't think of a single "casual" gamer I know who has this game.

I know a lot of them but noone plays it for some reason. Some say its "too realistic". Yet they still buy BIS games every time just becouse they have OFP.

Arma is the sort of game which has a dedicated fanbase which can't be expanded all that much with marketing. Its pretty much the same fanbase as the original Op Flash to be honest, I can't think of a single "casual" gamer I know who has this game.

This is not true!

With proper marketing they would get many "casual" players.

Okay many would stop playing this after 2 weeks but at least we would get a bunch of new ArmA 2 Fans ;)

Yesterday I talked in the Steam Group (Chatroom) with someone who will Buy OpA + Arma 2 - and he was never playing this before...

Edited by sommergemuese

This is not true!

With proper marketing they would get many "casual" players.

Okay many would stop playing this after 2 weeks but at least we would get a bunch of new ArmA 2 Fans ;)

Yesterday I talked in the Steam Group (Chatroom) with someone who will Buy OpA + Arma 2 - and he never playing this before...

I'm pretty sure a lot of gamers would love this game if they knew it exists. But not the casual players, no. Rather the airsoft junkies, they would love it, and it can't be too realistic for them. And well there are a lot of players playing MW in hardcore mode, well i know MW is a bit faster, and more action oriented, but i remember when my airsoft playing friends said about hardcore mode "damn this is like airsoft, it's cool!". I guess they just need a chance to get to know more about arma2.

But what i really don't want to see is cheating bastards on public servers. :\ To be honest i'm happy with the current community.

what really could be good promotion for this game is ingame xfire support. I personally always check a live broadcast of a new game before trying to get more info on it, and i guess a lot of people do the same.

Edited by Mad-h

what really could be good promotion for this game is ingame xfire support. I personally always check a live broadcast of a new game before trying to get more info on it, and i guess a lot of people do the same.

Xfire has to do that and not BIS :)

But if you manually edit the xfire_games.ini you can have Xfire ingame support.

You can read more on this topic here.

The code should work fine.

Don't know if you can broadcast your ArmA 2 with that code. Just try it.

Keep in mind that, unfortunately, Xfire won't work with Arma 2 if you use the beta patches. This fix looks for the main exe. Of course, you could move the beta exe into the main folder and then it will work, but be sure to back up the original one!

With

DetectExe=*\arma2.exe
it should work too.

Or change the installation path in the xfire games option to your beta folder.

I haven't played Arma 2 in quite some time but I am thinking about getting Arrowhead and giving it another go. Should I expect a more optimized game or more of the same?

I haven't played Arma 2 in quite some time but I am thinking about getting Arrowhead and giving it another go. Should I expect a more optimized game or more of the same?

OA will most likely run smoother than A2 due to less vegitation. When did you last play A2? Have you played with patch 1.05 or even better the latest beta patch?