Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Scripting scripting...

It needs 1 line to tell them to enter a building. :p

Sure if you just want them to stand there and.... stand!

Mad-h said "uses buildings" which i took as AI walking into houses, maybe walk a bit around and then leave house for further patrolling.

I have to admit i never seen ai inside buildings in the campaign of arma 2, except that sniper dude in chernogorsk (well i never seen him though, he was always killed before i could spot him). And many people was complaining about the ai won't use buildings in oa. As far as bis scripts them to use buildings in the campaign i'm a happy man.

Well thats up to the people that makes the campaign to decide. Without having tried i believe that if you play ArmA 2 campaign with GL4 the AI will randomly walks into buildings and leave them again, but in ArmA 2 (Chernarus/Utes) there ain't that many enterable buildings.

Edited by JW Custom

HUD is f*king nice!

No more green boxes, just weapon name and mag count, up right corner, I really like it :)

Mad-h said "uses buildings" which i took as AI walking into houses, maybe walk a bit around and then leave house for further patrolling.

Wouldn't it be unrealistic for soldiers to randomly enter people's houses and other civilian buildings? As far as I know that only happens if they need to or suspect an enemy is there...

I think it's understandable for BIS to intentionally stop the AI from randomly going inside buildings. Although it would be good if that changed when they went into combat.

Wouldn't it be unrealistic for soldiers to randomly enter people's houses and other civilian buildings? As far as I know that only happens if they need to or suspect an enemy is there...

Like in Fallujah, every door got kicked or blown up :p

But yeah i understand what you mean.

Does anyone know if they are going to include Asian skins for US troops now? I never understood why BIS decided that they would only include African and European skins for the US military. :confused:

Does anyone know if they are going to include Asian skins for US troops now? I never understood why BIS decided that they would only include African and European skins for the US military. :confused:

Cause shorter characters aren't supported. :j:

But really, it might look strange without a new head model.

Cause shorter characters aren't supported. :j:

But really, it might look strange without a new head model.

Can't they make one? They managed to make an Arabic head model for the Takistanis?

I don't think many people hear "American soldier" and expect an ethnic-Asian face. At least, I certainly didn't notice/think of it until you mentioned it.

I never understood why BIS decided that they would only include African and European skins for the US military. :confused:

Name a game where they have Asian American soldiers?

Edited by Zipper5

Can't they make one? They managed to make an arabic head model for the Takistanis?

Dunno. I suppose so. But they would still be pretty tail for Asians IMO, but if that doesn't bother you... But yea it would be nice to have.

You also have to remember that BIS is based in the Czech Republic. I doubt they have a lot of knowledge about Asian-Americans.

You also have to remember that BIS is based in the Czech Republic. I doubt they have a lot of knowledge about Asian-Americans.

They don't live in a cave...

I'm sure they have just as much 'knowledge' about Asian-Americans than they do about African-Americans...

I don't think many people hear "American soldier" and expect an ethnic-Asian face. At least, I certainly didn't notice/think of it until you mentioned it.

Humm I can't think of one actually. I think America's Army might. I was thinking more along the lines of real life, where Americans of Japanese, Chinese and Korean ancestry do and have in the past joined the US military, just like any other American. They go back fighting for them all the way to ww2 in the 442nd Infantry Regiment.

Hey if they can't, then they can't. I just thought it would make it more realistic.

What exactly does this have to do with OA?

Trying to find out if new skins are included in OA.

There are many new skins and face models available in OA....Just not Asian.

Americas Army does for obvious reasons.

They don't live in a cave...

I'm sure they have just as much 'knowledge' about Asian-Americans than they do about African-Americans...

I'm sure they are fully aware of what Asian-Americans are, but maybe they aren't aware of how many actually serve in the US armed forces. Anyway, it's really only a trivial detail. It would be nice to have Asian heads/faces but I'm sure it's not a priority for BIS.

There are many new skins and face models available in OA....Just not Asian.

Shame to leave them out, but thanks for the answer. :(

In the army [sic] are more African-Americans than Asian-Americans

Yay. :rolleyes:

They don't live in a cave. I'm sure they have just as much 'knowledge' about Asian-Americans than they do about African-Americans.

Or Klingon-Americans for that matter. ;)

Can't they make one? They managed to make an Arabic head model for the Takistanis?

Arabic is a language, not an ethnicity. Takistanis aren't even Arab, they're Central Asian. And yes, Arabs are Asian too. :rolleyes:

Cause shorter characters aren't supported.

So messed up, yet so funny at the same time. :D

There are many new skins and face models available in OA. Just not Asian.

There are "Asian" faces, if you will. Takistanis are Asian. But anyway, why are we all having this discussion? If you want female soldiers, Asian soldiers, African soldiers, or even Romulan soldiers, you can easily create it yourself through mods or for the modding-impaired, request one. :confused:

Edited by Laqueesha

If you want female soldiers, Asian soldiers, African soldiers, or even Romulan soldiers, you can easily create it yourself through mods or for the modding-impaired, request one.

Not that easy unless you care about messed up animations.. Theres a reason no modder has made a shorter soldier, or a female soldier, for arma2.

Not that easy unless you care about messed up animations.. Theres a reason no modder has made a shorter soldier, or a female soldier, for arma2.

There are children in vbs2 :D

For obvious reasons not in ARMA however. I also doubt that they can get into vehicles etc.

Because the only race that is required to make your game not racist is black people. Im hispanic and i personally dont care but you will hear some fuss from people like Jesse Jackson if you dont have black people.

what about mexicans? :p

there are a TON of us in the us military yet no representation! ZOMG!

(i dont actually care, but its just for the sake of moaning ;))

but seriously though, it does seem possible to have multiple head models for different face skins. it seems though that it just needs some one to model the extra heads and put them in. it would add more variation if every one did not share the exact same head.

its a small but nifty idear

“Despite the current state of the market in - what are historically - our core territories, I am fully confident that Zagoria Zdroj will persevere through this period of uncertainty by sticking to our core values. While other companies may boast to have the most realistic simulation of our product, there is no substitute for the real thing.â€

"We obviously need to look at different business models, and evaluate the most appropriate ways of getting our very popular product to market. Sometimes these moves can spark controversy; sometimes it's justified, sometimes it isn't. Ultimately, Our loyal customers need to appreciate that the company has always put the consumer at the heart of its business choices, and that is certainly not something that is going to change"

Maybe that should go in the DLC thread lol

Because the only race that is required to make your game not racist is black people. Im hispanic and i personally dont care but you will hear some fuss from people like Jesse Jackson if you dont have black people.

Yes, we should leave all non white out, how sounds that!

Then nobody will be offended!

Hm, we should really see more diversity though