Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Arrowhead will rock your socks! just look at those videos!! woop! ArmA II is few weeks from greatness wooo can u feel the excitement, i remember back to the day when i heard of OFP:Resistance coming soon! :D

I'm EXTREMELY excited too :cool:

And its the mainstream audience that generate the money that can be used to fund future Arma games. Not the 1000 members in here.

Like i said, there is more good then harm for BIS to promote their game at E3. The mainstream market cares for pretty graphics and eye catching features. BOTH Arma 2 OA has. the graphics are brilliant and it has features that make your head turn.

This game is perfect to get the so called mainstreams attention.

this. but then again, nobody goes to E3 to promote a product that is releasing in two weeks anyway. so, unless BIS had additional products to show, it wouldn't have made a lot of sense to go there.

this. but then again, nobody goes to E3 to promote a product that is releasing in two weeks anyway. so, unless BIS had additional products to show, it wouldn't have made a lot of sense to go there.

Carrier Command :cool:

Concerning the ai: i was doing tests over and over just to have an idea how ai uses buildings. Now, i'm not a big scripter, but with the help of this script here i easily managed to put together a script , that makes the ai enter a building nearby, and after a while get out and move on. We have to admit Chernarus buildings are not really made to take cover inside, and we can be sure OA buildings are designed much more this way.

So, the ai can't use buildings on their own, you have to tell them to do it through scripts.

Another thing is scripts are have to be made by someone, and let's hope a lot of scripts will appear after release, and they will be used on dedicated servers. I just realized how powerful tools scripts are. :D

Looking at MS's Natal aka kinect. it could substitute TrackIr for arma 2. what you guys think.

thinking this is the wrong thread for your post

And its the mainstream audience that generate the money that can be used to fund future Arma games. Not the 1000 members in here.

Like i said, there is more good then harm for BIS to promote their game at E3. The mainstream market cares for pretty graphics and eye catching features. BOTH Arma 2 OA has. the graphics are brilliant and it has features that make your head turn.

This game is perfect to get the so called mainstreams attention.

maybe if they have alot of pateince like all of us. I seriously have spent 100 hours easily just learning this games controls, features and command system, the typical gamer at E3 wouldn't want a game that isnt "jump in jump out" like COD or Battlefield im not trying to stereotype them but its true alot of people just want to get on and have fun, Arma 2 requires alot of tasks before that can happen and getting online as discussed by the community numerous times is getting more difficult by the week.

Sure Arma 2 has pretty graphics but it also takes a mammoth PC to run it in a way that brings out its best even Gametrailers a popular mainstream gaming website said this in A2 review.

Arma 2 takes alot of time to play and learn (steep learning curve)

Can be frusterating if you dont got a good enough computer

PVP system has problems when mods are mixed in causing people to not being able to join a server.

BIS of all people recognizes this.

yeah but MS Kinect is only For XBOX 360, Arma 2 I doubt will ever come to consoles due to its 5 year old hardware, BIS would certainly try to port it but dont hold your breathe and I doubt they would ever waste more time implementing that wave your body junk.

Edited by Flash Thunder

Looking at MS's Natal aka kinect. it could substitute TrackIr for arma 2. what you guys think.

Why even do this? It's gonna be the same price if not pricier than TrackIR.

maybe if they have alot of pateince like all of us. I seriously have spent 100 hours easily just learning this games controls, features and command system, the typical gamer at E3 wouldn't want a game that isnt "jump in jump out" like COD or Battlefield im not trying to stereotype them but its true alot of people just want to get on and have fun, Arma 2 requires alot of tasks before that can happen and getting online as discussed by the community numerous times is getting more difficult by the week.

Sure Arma 2 has pretty graphics but it also takes a mammoth PC to run it in a way that brings out its best even Gametrailers a popular mainstream gaming website said this in A2 review.

Arma 2 takes alot of time to play and learn (steep learning curve)

Can be frusterating if you dont got a good enough computer

PVP system has problems when mods are mixed in causing people to not being able to join a server.

BIS of all people recognizes this.

yeah but MS Kinect is only For XBOX 360, Arma 2 I doubt will ever come to consoles due to its 5 year old hardware, BIS would certainly try to port it but dont hold your breathe and I doubt they would ever waste more time implementing that wave your body junk.

Am I the only one who thinks that ARMA doesn't have very good graphics? ._.

Check out my post on the last page of the Photography thread, tell me that aint pretty!

Sure Arma 2's lighting is outdated, some of the textures are flat out lifeless and bland, the animation is lacking for the most part, but its a nice looking game.

Definetly not the best graphics Ive seen but it can look photoreal (at unplayable FPS for me that is) but yeah for the most part the game looks generic and very dated, especially some of the shadows and LOD.

I personally cant play the game on anything below High because it hurts my eyes, but its impressive because of the scale of the game the functionality that can be achieved 100 Players in PVP, 10km viewdistance, 1500+ AI, Crysis could only wish they could do all that plus NO LOADING screens every KM or so.

Edited by Flash Thunder

I think so. If you want some Crysis graphics in ArmA 2 then the maps would be much more smaller and full of "loading..., please wait loading..." and MP would be limited to smaller numbers.

For the size of ArmA, i think that the graphics are in pretty good shape. Try it at very high and 3D Res of 200% or see some high screens shots out there in arma 2 photography topic.

Are you using the landtex mod for Chernarus?

I think ArmA 2 has great graphics!! Put the 3D res up to 200% and enjoy. :)

I think so. If you want some Crysis graphics in ArmA 2 then the maps would be much more smaller and full of "loading..., please wait loading..." and MP would be limited to smaller numbers.

For the size of ArmA, i think that the graphics are in pretty good shape. Try it at very high and 3D Res of 200% or see some high screens shots out there in arma 2 photography topic.

I agree. The graphics can actually offer alot..yeah if you have a bomb a$$ machine. but then again, PC gaming is always about moving up and advancing hardware(when possible).:)

People's graphics will probably look better in OA, as its the clutter that really slows my FPS down (I have terrain set to very low). As OA is desert, there should be lots less greenary the Chernarus, and hopefully faster FPS at higher settings.

I think ArmA 2 has great graphics! Put the 3D res up to 200% and enjoy.

But first, you have to spend 200% of your income to buy a computer capable of playing ArmA 2 on those settings.

The graphics are so great, sometimes im just watching the land below me while im transported to the area of operation, such beauty, so peaceful, i notice the little pretty houses in a village as we fly by, theres a lumbermill here, a barn there, and the endless see of trees, tight valleys, old castles on hilltops, the view makes me forget the bloodshed. I don't feel like i'm playing a game with good graphics, i feel like i'm there.

but thats just the terrain, the models are so detailed, never seen any game with so much detail.

as i run through the forest sometimes i look at the treetops, i can even smell nature, feel the breeze on my face, the breeze that makes the treetops slightly move, just see a rabbit running, it has no idea what's going on around. then i end up on a field, grass is so high, untouched, bugs buzzing around my face, i barely find words. Im just like :eek:

(and im running this game on low settings, can you belive that my graphics card has only 128mb vram?)

So maybe yes, you are the only one who thinks that way.

Yes, proabably...

New AAN news video looks cool, I like the home handy cam style...

cant wait BIS

Am I the only one who thinks that ARMA doesn't have very good graphics?

"Proabably" [sic] not.

Edited by Laqueesha

No, there are a lot of other people who have no idea what good graphics are either.

No, there are a lot of other people who have no idea what good graphics are either.

Ba dum tusch!

Edited by NeMeSiS

I laugh when people bitch about the graphics on a milsim. Go back to CoD if that is all yu worry about.

ArmA 2 looks better than MW2. Atleast on my computer...