How did you work that out?

Wednesday (Today btw) - 23rd

Thursday - 24th

Friday - 25th

Saturday - 26th

Sunday - 27th

Monday - 28th

Tuesday - 29th <--- Day of release... :icon_neutral:

He ordered from play.com so thats when it will turn up because they are incapable of delivering on time lol

Edited by STALKERGB

He ordered from play.co.uk so thats when it will turn up because they are incapable of delivering on time lol

lol dont say that i pre-ordered from play.co.uk too!! :butbut:

lol dont say that i pre-ordered from play.com too!! :butbut:

Yeah same, the cheapest place I could find! Anyway, can't wait for it to turn up (on tuesday hopefully!)

Yeah same, the cheapest place I could find! Anyway, can't wait for it to turn up (on tuesday hopefully!)

Before i go out to work in the morning if the postman is anywhere near during that time im gonna jump him for my OA... ;)

How did you work that out?

Wednesday (Today btw) - 23rd

Thursday - 24th

Friday - 25th

Saturday - 26th

Sunday - 27th

Monday - 28th

Tuesday - 29th <--- Day of release... :icon_neutral:

Sorry but many here was saying how this game wont come out until next friday. It even states that on their amazon and GAME pre orders that the release date is for next friday

He ordered from play.com so thats when it will turn up because they are incapable of delivering on time lol

No i diddnt pre ordered from play.com. they are terrible. You guys seriously need to keep up to date with this thread as i have been slagging off play.com AND many here saying the game aint out until next friday in UK

Sorry but many here was saying how this game wont come out until next friday. It even states that on their amazon and GAME pre orders that the release date is for next friday

No i diddnt pre ordered from play.com. they are terrible. You guys seriously need to keep up to date with this thread as i have been slagging off play.com AND many here saying the game aint out until next friday in UK

why do you keep saying that when every major game supplier states the 29th as release day?

why do you keep saying that when every major game supplier states the 29th as release day?

Not to mention the video's released by BI.. :yay:

Sorry that i dont have time to read 619 Pages just to see that you have been "slagging" off play.com, but i have just check now that both Play.co.uk & Amazon.co.uk both still say 29th :bored:

& just checked Game.co.uk and yes it says 2nd but it dosent suprise me cos i have never found game to be reliable and they where abit late in the game in getting copies for pre-order about a week or 2 after everyone else. (See what i did there? kekeke)

Edited by A Smed

There are different release dates in different shops. Here in Sweden one of the biggest shops also have next friday as release date. If it will be released earlier remains to be seen, but so far the date is "2010-07-02 (9 dagar kvar)" wich translates "9 days left".

Not to mention the video's released by BI.. :yay:
Sorry that i dont have time to read 619 Pages just to see that you have been "slagging" off play.com, but i have just check now that both Play.co.uk & Amazon.co.uk both still say 29th :bored:

Well then many people here are wrong in saying it wont come out on the 29th. You think i dont want it to come out on the 29th or something because quite frankly i wish it was out today as im probably more excited and eager to play this more than you lot.

Will this game be out in the retail shops ono the 29th as well? WHat about steam?

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

There are different release dates in different shops. Here in Sweden one of the biggest shops also have next friday as release date. If it will be released earlier remains to be seen, but so far the date is "2010-07-02 (9 dagar kvar)" wich translates "9 days left".

exactly my point. many here have said the release date is next friday not next tuesday.

he wasn't talking about Sweden, though. shops in Switzerland list the 30th as the day of release.

as far as the UK is concerned, though, the 29th is universally listed as release day for OA. even CDWoW, which ships UK versions from Hong Kong, lists July 1, which is still one day shy of Friday.

Edited by Fred DM

Well then many people here are wrong in saying it wont come out on the 29th. You think i dont want it to come out on the 29th or something because quite frankly i wish it was out today as im probably more excited and eager to play this more than you lot.

Will this game be out in the retail shops ono the 29th as well? WHat about steam?

I highly doubt it, many of us have played these series since OFP but im not gonna turn this into a "pissing contest" and a pointless flame war. ;)

At the end of the day the dates still say 29th so there isnt any point in anyone saying that it will be the 2nd cos all there doing is causing hype & panic lol.

If it says that in sweden so be it but it dosent say it here YET.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

exactly my point. many here have said the release date is next friday not next tuesday.

Do you believe everything you read on the Interwebz?:j:

Edited by A Smed
fail spelling today :(

Well then many people here are wrong in saying it wont come out on the 29th.

now you're getting the picture... ;)

im probably more excited and eager to play this more than you lot.

oh wow... :j: is that supposed to make your opinion more valid?

it was just posted that both Amazon and Play.com release it on the 29th. i highly doubt every other shop in the UK will release later. is this you first game or what?

so you go around claiming the release is universally delayed to Friday because some Swedes say so? how does that make any sense? different countries have different publishers, which set different release dates. the release date in Sweden doesn't have anything to do with the release date in Germany or the UK.

heh, i did the same, and with ArmA2 last year.. and they managed to get it to me in sweden just 1 day after release....

One of the reasons why Game will only sell the game on Friday is because they deliver the games to stores on a Thursday.

This is from a Game shop super nerd... ' Boxed games are predominantley released on the tuesday of the week in America, But in the UK and Europe boxed games are released on a friday'

This must be so that a games chart doesnt get messed up. You will be able to get the game via play.com or amazon.co.uk on the day (providing the queens errand boys dont go on strike) on Tuesday. But you WILL NOT be able to buy a boxed copy from a shop in the UK before Friday

I just pre-ordered via Amazon.com, can't wait! :)

I just pre-ordered via Amazon.com, can't wait! :)

I was so pissed to see that Amazon.co.uk now has it for £16.99 and have the reliablity that play.co.uk lacks... noes!!! :(

now you're getting the picture... ;)

oh wow... :j: is that supposed to make your opinion more valid?

it was just posted that both Amazon and Play.com release it on the 29th. i highly doubt every other shop in the UK will release later. is this you first game or what?

so you go around claiming the release is universally delayed to Friday because some Swedes say so? how does that make any sense? different countries have different publishers, which set different release dates. the release date in Sweden doesn't have anything to do with the release date in Germany or the UK.

Game.co.uk states teh release date is July 2nd mate and about the retail shops, someone aksed GAME and they said they dont have any idea about the release date of OA.

You ask if i believe everything i read in the forum? of course not, why should i believe your post then ;)

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

One of the reasons why Game will only sell the game on Friday is because they deliver the games to stores on a Thursday.

This is from a Game shop super nerd... ' Boxed games are predominantley released on the tuesday of the week in America, But in the UK and Europe boxed games are released on a friday'

This must be so that a games chart doesnt get messed up. You will be able to get the game via play.com or amazon.co.uk on the day (providing the queens errand boys dont go on strike) on Tuesday. But you WILL NOT be able to buy a boxed copy from a shop in the UK before Friday

But wait, i was repeatedly slagged off in thinking that GAME shops will sell this game next friday and not tuesday!

Game.co.uk states teh release date is July 2nd mate and about the retail shops, someone aksed GAME and they said they dont have any idea about the release date of OA.

You ask if i believe everything i read in the forum? of course not, why should i believe your post then ;)

You wouldnt need to believe my post if you didnt believe in the other posts that are getting you confussed... :rolleyes:

Edited by A Smed

But wait, i was repeatedly slagged off in thinking that GAME shops will sell this game next friday and not tuesday!

then don't friggin' buy it from Game but get it from Amazon or Play.com instead. :j: why would you keep complaining about the release date of one store and not simply order it from another store which releases it sooner?

it's pretty common practice for some stores to release a game sooner than others. it happens with every single game. there are stores which are selling Demon's Souls (PS3) since yesterday, yet the official release is the 25th. go figure.

BTW: you've mentioned only one store (game.co.uk) with Friday as release day. both Amazon and Play.com (as well as major German stores) list Tuesday. thus the majority of shops have the 29th. prove me wrong.

Edited by Fred DM

you_must_be_new.jpg

I miss the days when Amazon.de (germany) listed OA for 25th of june...

Here it arrives at the 29th for 22,41€ now

HMV release date is the 2nd of July

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/simpleMultiSearch.do?searchUID=&pGroupID=0&adultFlag=false&primaryID=0&simpleSearchString=operation+arrowhead

Zavvi's Release date is the 2nd of July

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/pc/arma-2-operation-arrowhead/10207051.html

Gamestation are.. 'experiencing technical difficulties' But as game station is a sister company of Game they will more than likely release on the 2nd as well, If they do stock the game.

It would appear that you wont be able to purchase the game from a shop until the 2nd of July. All this is in line with GAMES ARE ONLY RELEASED ON A FRIDAY IN THE UK.

Unless of course you get it off the web, IE Play.com or Amazon.co.uk, OR get a digital copy.

I dont know why all the agro about it.

PS, Wrong thread

HMV release date is the 2nd of July

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/simpleMultiSearch.do?searchUID=&pGroupID=0&adultFlag=false&primaryID=0&simpleSearchString=operation+arrowhead

Zavvi's Release date is the 2nd of July

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/pc/arma-2-operation-arrowhead/10207051.html

Gamestation are.. 'experiencing technical difficulties' But as game station is a sister company of Game they will more than likely release on the 2nd as well, If they do stock the game.

It would appear that you wont be able to purchase the game from a shop until the 2nd of July. All this is in line with GAMES ARE ONLY RELEASED ON A FRIDAY IN THE UK.

Unless of course you get it off the web, IE Play.com or Amazon.co.uk, OR get a digital copy.

I dont know why all the agro about it.

PS, Wrong thread

Well said. it appears that most if not ALL UK retail shops wont release it until friday as thats the OFFICIAL release date for this game in the UK.

Yes i know ordering it online sometimes get you the game a few days early but that doesnt mean that the day you get it is the "official" date it should be released.

People ask if this is the first game i ever bought? teh question should be asked to you lot insisting that this game is "officialy" out on the 29 in the uk. Its not otherwise GAME, HMV, Gamestation, zavvi etc etc will all have this game in their shelves next tuesday