Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Thankfully I couldn't get past the bad translation far enough for spoilers.

From what I did read, sounds like the typical BIS review, played the campaign, found some bugs, give it a 7/10. Most of us are not paying attention to reviews of BIS products anymore because they don't understand what these games are about.

yeah that review was pretty crap. Didn't see anything about the editor and it didn't go in depth with the multiplayer (meat and potatoes for me).

This review sounds similar to A2 ones, but I still love and play A2 more than any other game anyways :)

Yeah it really looks awesome.

I'm DYING for OA! Where the hell is the demo!?!?

we're hiding it from you....

serious though, If the game has gone gold...... why not have a demo?

we're hiding it from you....

serious though' date=' If the game has gone gold...... why not have a demo?[/quote']

Who cares, IMO not having a demo is a good thing. The demo for ArmA2 is off an ancient build which doesn't reflect the current way the game plays at all.

Demos work for other games where after release its pretty static, but we all know that lots of things get fixed after release, or added, or whatever. Having a demo is a drawback because peoples first experiences with the game will not reflect what it is really like.

I'm guessing it takes some work and time to make a demo too.

They never made a second demo of Arma 1, even though there was a big need for it, because according to them self it would take too much resources.

Edited by sparks50

Demos work for other games where after release its pretty static, but we all know that lots of things get fixed after release, or added, or whatever. Having a demo is a drawback because peoples first experiences with the game will not reflect what it is really like.

Somehow I think you fail to realize the gigantic disclaimer on every demo that reads "This demo does not reflect the final product."

And actually, the ArmA 2 demo got me through the month (after the international release of ArmA 2) it took for NA publishers to ship copies around Canada and the US. If it wasn't for that demo, I would have canceled my preorder.

I'm guessing it takes some work and time to make a demo too.

They never made a second demo of Arma 1, even though there was a big need for it, because according to themself it would take too much resources.

If we ever see a demo prior to OA's release date, it will be the preview build all the gaming news companies got to preview a couple of months back.

Edited by SEALVI

Wow that looks awesome! :)

Excuse me, but why the hell arent we getting some english/american reviews from this game? I dont want these foreign onces!

Dont get me wrong, i love arma and it looks great! But i think the colors are to dull, they look like something from an old WWII movie ->

I know its not the same gamtype and blah blah, but i think mirrors edge´s colors and sunlight would look much better (and more natrual) on arma

Edited by ThaSundancekid

Just noticed the "Expaniosns" section in main menu... Also the "All missions" button at bottom right... Wonder what are they hiding.

Would be fun in a team-deathmatch. One team has the lee enfield, the other has the hightech-scar-super-flir weapon thingy. I would be rootin for the lee enfield team :shine:

Sounds just like the only enjoyable Dragon Rising multiplayer map, but done properly. Make conditions foggy, set it at night, give the grossly-outnumbered American spec-ops some SCUDs to destroy... . Sounds pretty awesome.

Looks like Bis are including some nicer red-dot sights this time around: http://www.doupe.cz/uploadedfiles/259511490.jpg

;1655920']Just noticed the "Expaniosns" section in main menu... Also the "All missions" button at bottom right... Wonder what are they hiding.

Good catch, I wonder what's up with that..

Also we can see the build # is 1.52.71608 whereas Arma 2 is at 1.05.71548 (as of the latest beta). So I guess that really does make it Arma 2 and a half :p

Excuse me, but why the hell arent we getting some english/american reviews from this game? I dont want these foreign onces!

The reviews aren't "foreign" to our Czech and Slovak fans, the world doesn't revolve around just you......

Wow, it's nice to see some positive reviews from Czech and Slovakian sites. They bashed ArmA 2 vanilla when it was released. Surely, Arrowhead is better ;)

Dont get me wrong, i love arma and it looks great! But i think the colors are to dull, they look like something from an old WWII movie...

The colors in OA works the same way as in ARMA2. You can configure it as you want. Even dynamicly during a mission you can have the colors change. Standard OA is very colorful and clear so theres no reason to get sad. ;)

Wow, it's nice to see some positive reviews from Czech and Slovakian sites. They bashed ArmA 2 vanilla when it was released. Surely, Arrowhead is better ;)

yOU GOT A LINK TO THE REVIEWS?

Dont get me wrong, i love arma and it looks great! But i think the colors are to dull, they look like something from an old WWII movie ->

I know its not the same gamtype and blah blah, but i think mirrors edge´s colors and sunlight would look much better (and more natrual) on arma

Well, it's obvious from the screenshots that BIS are still using the same color correction scripting they used in Arma 2. Basically that means it's still possible to make OA look however you want using the ppEffectEnable, ppEffectAdjust and ppEffectCommit commands. ;)

Here's how they did the "Movie Night" and "Film Grain" Modules:

"colorCorrections" ppEffectEnable true;
"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1, 1.2, -0.00, [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [0.6, 0.6, 1.0, 0.4],  [0.199, 0.587, 0.114, 0.0]];
"colorCorrections" ppEffectCommit 0;
"filmGrain" ppEffectEnable true;
"filmGrain" ppEffectAdjust [0.02, 1, 1, 0.1, 1, false];
"filmGrain" ppEffectCommit 0;