Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

(the red dot) Looks like the same to me:

Yes, the dot itself has stayed the same, which is one of the weaker points for me. I won't hold my breath for the holo having changed either. Don't know if these are modelled realistically, but they're not as precise as they could be.

I just meant that the outside of the scope looked different and like quite a good model.

Does anybody know if there will be a Collectors Edition of OA? (I don´t mean a OA+Arma2 Edition, but an OA+special Gifts Edition)

Does anybody know if there will be a Collectors Edition of OA? (I don´t mean a OA+Arma2 Edition, but an OA+special Gifts Edition)

i guess its only been mentioned a few hundred times, but yes.

i guess its only been mentioned a few hundred times, but yes.

Where has it been mentioned?

It's not been mentioned at all.

However, it seems as though the Czech versions of the game have really only been the ones, that I can recall, which have had special editions. ArmA and Arma 2 both had special editions but I believe they were only for the Czech versions of the games.

The reason is quite simple: those versions will retail for significantly lower price than any other versions because of this limitation.

Wait, so if I get this right:

A language version that has to be specifically translated, tested with this translation (dont want any stupid spelling mistakes) and then release in a specific country only, not to mention have specific language based patches/support will retail at a signicifantly lower price BECAUSE of this?!?!

You'd think that making an English version and then releasing it in dozens upon dozen of countries without the need to make any other special languages is cheaper but apparently not...

So can you please make a Swedish version of the game BIS? I'd also like a significantly lower price.

Edited by Murklor

You'd think that making an English version and then releasing it in dozens upon dozen of countries without the need to make any other special languages is cheaper but apparently not...

Great idea, BIS should totally alienate all their non-English speaking fanbase just because you don't care about them!

Murklor: Its because street sales of pirated copies is very common in many poor markets such as in Russia,

so game and movie makers may sell their things earlier and/or cheaper in these markets to counter this threat.

Edited by sparks50

Murklor: Its because street sales of pirated copies is very common in many poor markets such as in Russia,

so game and movie makers sell their things earlier and/or cheaper in these markets to counter this threat.

And this would be different if the Russian game was in English how exactly?

Or is BIS making a Russian version that is easier to sell as a pirated copy? :confused:

I dont think BIS would alienate anyone... Even if many dont speak English - or even understand half of it - they probably play English games all the time, lol.

If the Russian game was in English, it would be easy for people from other markets to import it at a lower price than in their own country(where costs of operating are higher)

Edited by sparks50

And this would be different if the Russian game was in English how exactly?

Or is BIS making a Russian version that is easier to sell as a pirated copy? :confused:

I dont think BIS would alienate anyone... Even if many dont speak English - or even understand half of it - they probably play English games all the time, lol.

Maybe it would be the best if BIS did their games in their home language, don't you think? ;)

Maybe it would be the best if BIS did their games in their home language, don't you think? ;)

Wait don't even mention that. I'm happy the Czech version of OA is coming with optional English, unlike ArmA2! :D

Edited by Cole

Bitching about other countries versions and prices is pointless. The bottom line is that the version I want to buy (english,) is priced at a fair amount for me. I am sure also that the price of the Russian only version is fair for the player in Russia who wants that version.

Sheesh, what's with all this argy-bargy? In the end it's just a different language file in the Dta folder. ;)

who cares, this game will destroy every game out there

Riiiiiight and I'm bonin Megan Fox up the ass

Riiiiiight and I'm bonin Megan Fox up the ass

You are now looking at her toe thumb.

Anyways, I kinda agree with jonneymendoza. ArmA series surely offer the most ammount of playability and fun for a very good price.

...The technical sector was discussed extensively during the preview, compared to the beta fixes some problems that caused monstrous drop in frame rates but the "heaviness" of the Real Virtuality engine has remained the same, with the test system and the resolution of 1680 x 1050 pixels, with the most effects on "normal" and drawing the distance in half, was slow to return 20-25 frames per second.

Test Setup

Processor AMD Phenom X4 9550

4 GB di RAM 4 GB of RAM

Scheda video ATI Radeon HD 5830 con 1 GB di RAM ATI Radeon HD 5830 with 1GB of RAM

Windows 7 Home Premium Windows 7 Home Premium

Hmm... draw distance in half is still a good 5 KM and he didnt specify under what circunstances did he score those 20-25 fps, could be a "heavy" mission or benchmark, or something..

I hope the Steam version will be available at the latest on the 29th - release is gettin' close :/

And I hope we get the new Video very soon .. (Dwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarden go on :P)

Just Joking @ Dwarden ;)

Pic

Is that a unicorn on the left side of the sight? Awesome! Just what I always wanted!

I'm liking all the new screenshots so far.

Its the new bigfoot.......... I'm pretty sure I saw him walking near sparta......