Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

I don't like to downtalk Sprocket...

but whoever has not seen this:

Gamersgate.com has Operation Arrowhead for $24.95

Man that's a whole $10 cheaper, I'm actually considering getting it from them instead!

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-ARMA2OA/arma-2-operation-arrowhead

Edited by GossamerS

I don't like to downtalk Sprocket...

but whoever has not seen this:

Gamersgate.com has Operation Arrowhead for $24.95

Man that's a whole $10 cheaper, I'm actually considering getting it from them instead!

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-ARMA2OA/arma-2-operation-arrowhead

Thanks for posting. I actually just saw this a few minutes ago while reinstalling a game from them. Steal at that price!

Has there been any word, if you have language X of Arma 2, and install OA, will you get to pick the language or will it default to language X? Hoping you can choose, but....

7.8 average so far unless I missed a review.

BIS needs more programmers once these bugs are gone BIS can rule the world.

Basically...all I want is AI that act like humans. Then I will be happy. :p

You mean you want the AI to run around team-killing, not following orders, hogging the helos only to crash them, and then disappear when your side starts to lose?

I'm happy they're not too human tbh.

any idea on when it will be on steam?

You mean you want the AI to run around team-killing, not following orders, hogging the helos only to crash them, and then disappear when your side starts to lose?

I'm happy they're not too human tbh.

why did i ruin your fun last time

I'll have the NASA mainframe shipped over to you this arvo. :)

I'll have the NASA mainframe shipped over to you this arvo. :)

You're very generous.

Less than one week to release now. It would be awesome to have a demo by friday, but I guess that's just wishful thinking. Ah well, patience... :bounce3:

come on BIS. this game will be epic!! What game has this amount of content, size and replayability?

You plan on repeating this another 15 times?

Yes, this is the well known Coué method, which is a kind of mantra to defeat the trolls before they come here :cool:

Edited by ProfTournesol
typo

come on BIS. this game will be epic!! What game has this amount of content, size and replayability?

Well, I can think of one. It's called X3 (and the sequel, X3:Terran Conflict). In fact, its developers (Egosoft) remind me of BIS a lot (very open to community, regular patches and content long after the game release, game very complex with hardcore gamers being the target audience, steep learning curve, DRM removed a year after the game release, modding tools etc ...). It's a completely different game and talking about it here is offtopic, just wanted to let you know that that there is also at least one company that share the awesomeness monopoly with BIS :)

Yes, this is the well know Coué method, which is a kind of mantra to defeat the trolls before they come here :cool:

Love it! :D

Yup. got a problem!! COME ON BIS!! cant wait for this game

Yup. got a problem!! COME ON BIS!! cant wait for this game

I'm sure BIS are doing their very best to make next tuesday arrive a bit faster. The Spanels are fixing their Delorean as we speak. :p

^

I'd be perfectly happy if next Tuesday was delayed for an additional business week (or 2) were BIS to incorporate "Toggle Personal Items" into :OA.

so they have reviewed the game but there's not a single screenshot on their website that was not officially released by BIS? doesn't help their credibility. :(

I noticed that too. A whole game review with nothing but canned screenshots from two months ago. Very weird indeed.

The Spanish review,while not blooming with new pics,does sound credible to me.

"Despite having improved enemy AI,regarding ARMA II,remains one of the black spots of the game. For example sometimes we encounter an enemy a few yards of ours who will not notice our presence even though they are watching us."

I love Arma2 but this part always gets me.I understand BIS's implementation of this though.If the AI were allowed to be artificial intelligence like they are(terminator)then we would be at a super disadvantage to them.BIS adds mistakes to the AI in order to make them seem more human like.This part is just done too harshly though.

I'm sure BIS are doing their very best to make next tuesday arrive a bit faster. The Spanels are fixing their Delorean as we speak. :p

its out next friday not next tuesday here in the UK

Wolfstriked: I usually get a feeling that I'm fighting against a retard that usually goes "on fire" and puts one bullet in the middle of the head from a formidable sniper distance :)