they have released a patch before around 5.00pm gmt

Lock is now independent from zoom

How because it's still "Lock or zoom" in the controls?

And I checked that I'm in the right version.

"Many small objects and furniture are now PhysX-simulated"

Finally, some actual PhysX implementation.

"Many small objects and furniture are now PhysX-simulated"

Finally, some actual PhysX implementation.

Just tested a few whiteboards and cash desks against 40mm:

To quote a big philosopher: "I know it's only Rock'n Roll but I like it!"

:-)

Lock is now independent from zoom
How because it's still "Lock or zoom" in the controls?

And I checked that I'm in the right version.

Please check via CTRL + / whether you already have the new exe.

I will try to post about this change and some changes in the default controls presets ASAP ;)

I think you don't know the LOD flickering issue when you're quoting his specs

I didn't mean flickering. This HW allows to use ultra settings. I think, all 'bottlenecks' in software for now(on a similar hardware).

Small object physics work nicely now, big thanks also for the other great changes.

Now:

Before:

Please check via CTRL + / whether you already have the new exe.

I will try to post about this change and some changes in the default controls presets ASAP ;)

Oh that gun locking in gunships. I didn't know that even existed but that's good addition.

I firstly thought that finally we can bind lock key that brings that green square out of the zoom/optics key. Very annoying to try locking with launchers because bringing the sights, zoom and locking are on the same key. "Lock or zoom" needs to be separated finally.

As new bug, the task notification hint stucked to my screen as grey boxes without text and symbols.

As new bug, the task notification hint stucked to my screen as grey boxes without text and symbols.

True, this ugly bugger has slipped thru... or rather insidiously hid only to reappear later today in public in its full glory. It will be fixed exemplarily ;)

You may. Object Quality is largely CPU dependent. Even with a 3770k overclocked to 5Ghz you'll still hit bottlenecks very early. Just running around the editor as a single unit with nothing else out there, I can already watch my GPU get bottlenecked if I push Object Quality up. I hold frame-rate higher priority than graphical quality, and seeing as how all Object Quality does is use higher quality LOD's farther away, I feel it is wasted performance. It's not like that tree 200 yards away is worth all the extra CPU clock cycle time for what ultimately turns into less than 50 pixels on my screen. That to me is a waste.

Agreed, huge performance impact with very little visual change... I lose even 20FPS sometimes, that's why I prefer to keep it "very low" or "standard"...

This seemingly little tweak has just got even more stubborn :D

"Lock or zoom" needs to be separated finally.

In fact it is, only the update name of the function somehow didn't make it onto Steam.

The "Lock" (still with the obsolete name "Lock or zoom"), lockTarget, is no longer zooming in your view and by default is assigned to [T]. Together with "Reveal Target" ,revealTarget.

The former zooming function of "Lock or zoom" is separated into "Zoom temporary", zoomTemp, which you will find in the View section and which is assigned [RMB Hold] by default.

Note: Not to be confused with (zoomIn) which provides slightly different functionality, e.g. zooms in also in optics. (We'll see if a merge of those two is feasible.)

Bind the new keys manually or use the default preset for ARMA 3 to see the change.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to spam me :)

Functions viewer is borked. :(

I think a version slipped out with an outdated version of Functions_F. We'll investigate and hopefully turn around a fix asap.

I'm going to casually blame Moricky because I distracted him today by asking him to present the game to some journalists that visited BIS HQ.

Although... wait.. perhaps then that would make it my fault. And that simply cannot be the case. :cool:

Best,

RiE

This seemingly little tweak has just got even more stubborn :D

In fact it is, only the update name of the function somehow didn't make it onto Steam.

The "Lock" (still with the obsolete name "Lock or zoom"), lockTarget, is no longer zooming in your view and by default is assigned to [T]. Together with "Reveal Target" ,revealTarget.

The former zooming function of "Lock or zoom" is separated into "Zoom temporary", zoomTemp, which you will find in the View section and which is assigned [RMB Hold] by default.

Note: Not to be confused with (zoomIn) which provides slightly different functionality, e.g. zooms in also in optics. (We'll see if a merge of those two is feasible.)

Bind the new keys manually or use the default preset for ARMA 3 to see the change.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to spam me :)

Thanks! I bind those keys and they are working like you said. Good job, one annoyance less :)

arma 3 seems to be turning itself around :D i was worried for a second.... they always manage to do it... i love these daily updates lol i am already exited for tomorrows fixes let alone the full version.

how is the progress on the equipment tab on the units page devs :) when this is added will this be able to support add-on weaponry and will we be able to customize clothing?

i.e. change vests and backpack and hats vice versa

Looks like zeroing of vehicle guns is bugged since update today.

There is a difference of about 100 m.

My target is 1000m away and the gun is zeroed at 1000m.

Projectiles fly over the target.

Looks like zeroing of vehicle guns is bugged since update today.

There is a difference of about 100 m.

My target is 1000m away and the gun is zeroed at 1000m.

Projectiles fly over the target.

I've been finding that with the comanche guns for a while now

Are the task notifications bugged in latest patch? When task is completed or assigned there is no text and the background area does not fade away. Anyone else seeing this?

Sorry, missed the dev post about this. disregard.

Edited by GoverningLaw

vehicle seems broken. only returns unit name in or out of vehicle, unless vehicle is named previously in editor.breaks condition vehicle player != player

Can someone confirm that aiming deadzone is fixed in zooming view(4x scopes)?

It seems to me that now works as expected.