where are the config files to check?

Config viewer in the editor?

Is the Undefined Variable script error going to persist into the full build tomm? meaning, missions that contain scripts which haven't been updated Ie UPS or TPWCAS or ARP objects gonna spam this error with the stable build until they themselves are updated?

Would love the option to move where the script error shows on screen, atm centre screen is not the best place as it can ruin running a game even with script errors.

Anyone finding the "ground shake" when near the marshall when it's firing cannon a bit too extreme? I'm 75 metres away in the "combined arms showcase" and bouncing about like a loon when on foot!

atm centre screen is not the best place as it can ruin running a game even with script errors.

I think the point is that you correct the script errors so that they don't popup during a game instead of hiding them and leaving them broken.

I understand its purpose but a) have no idea how to make missions b) have no idea how to fix someone else's missions and c) am just a simpler gamer looking to make my experience more trouble free. :)

Config viewer in the editor?

ha ha i would have no idea what to look for or what these do exactly lol

Why on earth you change to pistol once you get a new weapon from a body or crate? The fact you can't change them on the move makes it all worst. It is something that is in the game for a good while now and shouldn't need a ticket, as anyone that play to game gets annoyed by. Please BI?

To make things even worst, you have to pick up weapons to take theirs attachments (why can't it be like vests\backpacks?) and do the whole "dance" when the rifle is already ready on your hands!

Why on earth you change to pistol once you get a new weapon from a body or crate?

Agreed, really annoying.

Many MANY thanks for the re-worked AMV-7, it´s a blast now!

Only thing I´ve noticed is that the AI seems to aim too high now when firing at infantry targets, I´ll do some more testing to confirm. Spotting at long ranges for the vehicles is also wonky at the moment (they only spot enemies reliably at around 500 meters, even if they are clearly identifiable as enemy (such as Vehicles).

Not only AI has problems. You, too, even with a machine gun at 1000m. All bullets are going to fly high and about 100m too far. This is since the patch yesterday.

Looks like zeroing does something wrong. Or the rangefinding mechanism is wrong. mesures now in yards?

I said this yesterday here.

Regarding the current script error box (relating primarily to community created content):

While the theory of 'just fix the errors to make the box go away' is a good one. In practice (from a general users perspective) it just increasingly destroys my desire to play the game at all. This may seem a bit dramatic, but after a while, that box just gets increasingly annoying on an otherwise satisfactorily functioning game.

There are many instances where it's just not practical or even possible to get these error messages corrected. We must all keep in mind that mod/mission makers are generally not full time professional game developers and most do this type of thing in their spare time. Time which can be frequented by various things; vacations, disappearances, or simply demotivation to continue on a project, etc.

Also, consider that Arma 3 has the ability to bridge content from previous iterations of the series using the AiA mod. Many of those older mods/missions have elements in them that trigger off numerous error messages, generating a considerable amount of code spam on the screen. Some of those errors are indeed what I would consider 'game breaking'; others are very tolerable 'quirks'; and still others are not even noticeable to the player (except for the giant black box and white text in the middle of their screen).

This can leave a lot of community content that is still 'functional within a realm of acceptability'. However, this content quickly becomes unacceptable/unusable due to the current implementation of the error reporting system. It's rather amusing that when you look at the other angle of it, my play experience isn't being ruined by the content or its shortcomings, but by the system that is supposed to help create a better play experience.

I for one would be perfectly fine with some form of error reporting on screen. As I said at the start, the theory behind this is great, everyone benefits from a higher production value and accurate bug reports in community & official content. However, I feel there really should be a less intrusive & more effective way to display that information, or like others have said, at the very least, allow us to move the current display box.

Airdropping boxes. The system has been active since beta release.

gotta link expalining how to do this?

What happened to the weather system? is rain gonna be added back in after it was removed early in alpha, why not leave the old rain in until you have a new in place?

Dan;2448428']gotta link expalining how to do this?

Easiest way is using the Modules.

Category: Support

Module: Support Requester => Link to unit (F5).

Module: Support Provider => Supply Drop => Link to Requester Module.

I think the point is that you correct the script errors so that they don't popup during a game instead of hiding them and leaving them broken.

Haha, good joke mate! That'd be way too easy :P

What happened to the weather system? is rain gonna be added back in after it was removed early in alpha, why not leave the old rain in until you have a new in place?

i also wonder this :(, i hope rain is put back in

Because it may not be a simple swap and play sort of deal.

Easiest way is using the Modules.

Category: Support

Module: Support Requester => Link to unit (F5).

Module: Support Provider => Supply Drop => Link to Requester Module.

Anyway to use them outside of the modules just casually or with custom weapons and ammo in the box?

Dan;2448484']Anyway to use them outside of the modules just casually or with custom weapons and ammo in the box?

Sure but the module was put in to do it the easy way. :)

It should be configurable try it out.

Dan;2448484']Anyway to use them outside of the modules just casually or with custom weapons and ammo in the box?

Of course you can! Just don't know how, better ask (or search) on the editing part of the forums.

You can write what you want in the box init but, if would be nice if the equip tab extend to these type of things.

_______

Anyway, now the turned out crewman of the AMV (only one I tested) don't have the NVG mounted which is OK for me. But the goggles doesn't appear even when you are using the NV. Side effect of that new command, can't do anything about it?

Sure but the module was put in to do it the easy way. :)

It should be configurable try it out.

Is it MP friendly?

Yeah, should be. You can put in custom inits for crate and vehicle. Use your own vehicle or declare specific ones to use for the virtual version. I tried playing around with the old trick for what you wanted to do but there's some bug in the function that's not letting it work.

Can a dev confirm that the combat recovery vehicle testures (CVR) are intended to be part of Arma 3 and not something that accidentally made it in from something else.

Can a dev confirm that the combat recovery vehicle testures (CVR) are intended to be part of Arma 3 and not something that accidentally made it in from something else.

And the AA versions of the APCs?

And the AA versions of the APCs?

AA variants was confirmed as release content in the latest SITREP.