are we gona see bootcamp, like it was last year at E3 presentation? Or was this sor of prototype for campaign? The idea was really nice, to test all the stuff, from a single mission, without need to close and start a new one.

I don't think so, no.

Some small/hopefully easy to implement ideas I thought I'd throw out there:

- Different 'bullet whizz' sounds for 20/30mm shells. They should have more impact than the waspish small arms.

- Reflectors. There are loads of reflectors on vehicles/street signs that do not reflect light! It would be much cooler if they did.

- Maybe have a blue/colder tone to some lights to simulate LEDs rather than incandescent/halogen globes. Eg. Panther headlights.

And one more ambitious one:

- Smoke/particles might be improved? Faster building/banking and dispersed more by wind. Also, 'screen' style smoke shells/launchers. ie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TODr5NKNuCg

Edited by Flaky

are we gona see bootcamp, like it was last year at E3 presentation? Or was this sor of prototype for campaign? The idea was really nice, to test all the stuff, from a single mission, without need to close and start a new one.
Check Jester's firing range...

Yay!

Some small/hopefully easy to implement ideas I thought I'd throw out there:

- Different 'bullet whizz' sounds for 20/30mm shells. They should have more impact than the waspish small arms.

- Reflectors. There are loads of reflectors on vehicles/street signs that do not reflect light! It would be much cooler if they did.

- Maybe have a blue/colder tone to some lights to simulate LEDs rather than incandescent/halogen globes. Eg. Panther headlights.

And one more ambitious one:

- Smoke/particles might be improved? Faster building/banking and dispersed more by wind. Also, 'screen' style smoke shells/launchers. ie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TODr5NKNuCg

light reflections could be perhaps with new shading BIS gona implement after release. Who know...

hi all,

i think i have found another bug, when trying to create a independent spawn using the script "respawn_independent" etc... they spawn at the marker named "respawn_west"

as i have 3 sides with 3 respawn markers. if you are independant and die... you will spawn at the nato's base ;)

[edit] the independent spawn with less gear than they died with, i tried this with blufor and they are fine so it appears

Edited by tyl3r99
addition to text

hi all,

i think i have found another bug, when trying to create a independent spawn using the script "respawn_independent" etc... they spawn at the marker named "respawn_west"

as i have 3 sides with 3 respawn markers. if you are independant and die... you will spawn at the nato's base ;)

[edit] the independent spawn with less gear than they died with, i tried this with blufor and they are fine so it appears

Don't independent respawn at "respawn_guerrilla"?

can someone try this as im about to go out and wont be back till later

i was told that to use the independent name not guerrilla. i also had a conversation with Dwarden about this and he said to post it on here.

I think it's respawn_guerrila

I think it's respawn_guerrila

Yep, you're right, although the proper spelling is "guerrilla", I believe.

ok if that sorts out the respawn issue, there is still the case of them spawning with less gear than they started with i.e. you will notice no grenades

ok if that sorts out the respawn issue, there is still the case of them spawning with less gear than they started with i.e. you will notice no grenades

Is that not a side effect of spawning at the wrong marker though?

Is that not a side effect of spawning at the wrong marker though?

nope it seems with all units now, i spawned with only 2 mags :(

What happened to the old death camera where you can see who shot you in SP? Been there since Moses, why forsaketh?

What happened to the old death camera where you can see who shot you in SP? Been there since Moses, why forsaketh?

I miss that too.:(.

And also the death quotes

*comes home from vacation, reads the latest dev branch changes* "ADDED: Commander position for Marshall and Kamysh" Commander position for Marshall Commander position for Marshall

VICTORY!!!!

anyone noticed the AT iron sights have got the old type scope effect... is this intended??

thank you

AT iron sights

I suppose you mean the scopes on the RPG and PCML.

old type scope effect

I suppose you mean the hole-in-a-box scope. No, it's not intended.

I suppose you mean the scopes on the RPG and PCML.

yes that's correct.

I thought id bring this up anyway for the devs to see

yes that's correct.

I thought id bring this up anyway for the devs to see

I believe they said it's WIP.

Interestingly enough, today's changelog is the first time that we're seeing an official reference from NVIDIA's end with regards to Arma 3, as opposed to months of nothing and being told that NVIDIA was holding off due to Arma 3's instability... even if it is specifically a mention about SLI.

Edited by Chortles

Hiding in the now grass affects AI better (configuration on Stratis surface types done)

Wonder how that'll work.

Hiding in the now grass affects AI better (configuration on Stratis surface types done)

What is that supposed to mean ? "Now" grass is probably a typo and should be "new" grass. Does that mean that Ai won't be able to spot you as easily lying down in high grass ?

That's my guess too. Maybe they simply switched the words 'grass' and 'now' by accident.

"Hiding in the grass now affects AI better" makes sense.