so, the "logic" is, if bluefor heavy personal carrier can't swim, so shouldn't opfor apc, which is based on BMD4/BMP3, but can swim in real life?

That's called balancing.

something wrong with btr-k driver. Now i have made him the leader of my small convoy, he just stupidly stays at same spot.

---------- Post added at 15:23 ---------- Previous post was at 15:22 ----------

so, the "logic" is, if bluefor heavy personal carrier can't swim, so shouldn't opfor apc, which is based on BMD4/BMP3, but can swim in real life?

The new vehicles are still very much work in progress, the Blufor APC is too small and opfor one doesn't have the ability to swim yet either.

That's called balancing.

no thats just bs. If both teams are absolute identical, whats the point in playing the game then? Just different skins and models...

no thats just bs. If both teams are absolute identical, what's the point in playing the game then? Just different skins and models...

I think that was Ghost's point.

no thats just bs. If both teams are absolute identical, whats the point in playing the game then? Just different skins and models...

Exactly, fully agree man ;)

BMP still unble to swim on water? Why would russian engineers, unlearn their BMP's to swim in 2035?
Because BLUFOR's Namer can't swim either.

That thing is huge, heavy as a tank, it shouldn't swim.

Exactly, fully agree man ;)

ah, now i've got ya! I'm somewhat sleepy today ._.

---------- Post added at 15:37 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

That thing is huge, heavy as a tank, it shouldn't swim.

i agree about bluefor, but opfors btr-k, which is obviously based on bmp3, isn't bigger then btr-3. And btr-3 can swim in rl!

OOOOOOOH GIMME! GIMME! GIMME! (Watch video till the last seconds to understand.)

Awesomness. :D

sounds like no problems with this update will check this out later :D

This effect is going to be tweaked soon. But collisions of those shells are the same as the collissions of MachineGunCartridge already. They collide only with the ground. :)

That's very unfortunate as it's almost impossible to observe them since they just clip right through the vehicle. Is there a possibility to have them collide with the vehicle geometry?

i agree about bluefor, but opfors btr-k, which is obviously based on bmp3, isn't bigger then btr-3. And btr-3 can swim in rl!

It is not based on btr-3 for first and second weight is twice more than usual BMP - normal bmp-2 14tons , bmp3 18tons and BTR-K aka 2T Stalker has 27tons

It cant swim because it is too heavy just like Panther aka Namer

A related point is that the effective strength of the grenades has been reduced to represent more realistic (authentic?!?!) values. The previous state was inappropriately effective.

I can certainly check on the motivation to increase the ammo count, but I'd note that those jumping to the firm conclusion that it's to cater for some sort of E-sport-twitch-shooting-arcade purpose feels a bit err...

Best,

RiE

The effectiveness change I can't really say anything about since I've never seen one in action. The changes don't bother me in the slightest.

It does however point out that opfor and blufor use the same weapon system in name, stats, looks and action. It's certainly possible (hey, it's the future after all), but I find it a bit dull and uninspired.

This is what i have noticed today:

Third person view

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1119427114120597704/3B33814191A3F0E567D1D432A3E8DE3B991F4F2F/

First person view

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1119427114120594446/1F36E14B5DC721D5AFFF470F0CECBDF15B53531C/

Maybe that should be so, but thats actually cheating, since you can avoid sun glare, by going in to third person.

It does however point out that opfor and blufor use the same weapon system in name, stats, looks and action. It's certainly possible (hey, it's the future after all), but I find it a bit dull and uninspired.

Fair enough view but, in regard to this point, I'd emphasise that it's more a product of time/resource limitations than any fundamental design intent.

The new APCs were redesigned to be a bit more distinctive, which meant we invested more resources here. Development is a balancing (oh no he didn't) act between what we want to achieve and what we're able to produce in time and to certain standards of quality. :)

Best,

RiE

Edited by RoyaltyinExile

Third person view

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1119427114120597704/3B33814191A3F0E567D1D432A3E8DE3B991F4F2F/

First person view

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1119427114120594446/1F36E14B5DC721D5AFFF470F0CECBDF15B53531C/

Maybe that should be so, but thats actually cheating, since you can avoid sun glare, by going in to third person.

I consider 3rd person cheating to begin with.

something wrong with btr-k driver. Now i have made him the leader of my small convoy, he just stupidly stays at same spot.

---------- Post added at 15:23 ---------- Previous post was at 15:22 ----------

Opfor APC is not based on the BMD, it is based on the 2T, which in turn uses the running gear from the Tunguska. The 2T and Tunguska cannot swim, and have a fording depth of about 1.2 meters. http://tanknutdave.com/the-belarusian-2t-stalker-tracked-reconnaissance-vehicle/

*pics*

Well 3rd person is cheating anyway :rolleyes:

It is not based on btr-3 for first and second weight is twice more than usual BMP - normal bmp-2 14tons , bmp3 18tons and BTR-K aka 2T Stalker has 27tons

It cant swim because it is too heavy just like Panther aka Namer

what makes you think that: it's based on 2t stalker + that it can't swim? It says 2T Stalker is an amphibious vehicle...

---------- Post added at 15:59 ---------- Previous post was at 15:57 ----------

I consider 3rd person cheating to begin with.

devs explained 3d person, as a real life FOV, cause at first person view, your limited by 90° fov, unlike about 180°? view with human eyes.

what makes you think that: it's based on 2t stalker + that it can't swim? It says 2T Stalker is an amphibious vehicle...

Because it is 2T stalker and it is not amphibious vehicle , it's Combat Tracked Reconnaissance Vehicle - there is no info about that it can swim like bmp or other

That's very unfortunate as it's almost impossible to observe them since they just clip right through the vehicle. Is there a possibility to have them collide with the vehicle geometry?

Simply put - maybe. PhysX particles can help to do that (these ground collisions aren't powered by PhysX), but they are still WIP.

Because it is 2T stalker and it is not amphibious vehicle , it's Combat Tracked Reconnaissance Vehicle - there is no info about that it can swim like bmp or other

ah, after paying closer attention, you'r probably right! Damn i've already forgot about 2T stalker, heard about it years back. Wow, thats a nice surprise to me, since i have kinda wished to toy with it in arma, if someone would mod it. :)

Edited by NeuroFunker

devs explained 3d person, as a real life FOV, cause at first person view, your limited by 90° fov, unlike about 180°? view with human eyes.

I'm not in a constant out of body experience allowing me to view around corners and over walls without exposure though. While your FOV point might be right, 3rd person view allows for other benefits that simply do not exist in reality. I'll just chalk the no-glare up with those and not worry about it.

"FIX: AI ability to track enemy that is not visible."

Oh my God, really?

Yeah i'm curious about this too. This sounds like god mode in unreal tournament. NPC never saw you or heard you but it knows where you are anyway?

"FIX: AI ability to track enemy that is not visible."

Oh my God, really?

AH and some people were on about the ai being ... Insert sarcastic comment here ....

Wow it appears people really didnt know about this. LOL