Good news that all the passenger / turn out issues seem to be fixed in the IFVs!

Is it by design that the commander and gunner views do not have NightVision (only the driver) I can see why a driver wouldn't need Thermal but I would think it standard that both commander and gunner would use Night vision. Does the gunner never engage "cold targets in the dark??!! It seems wrong that you'd have to turn out to use personal NVG's as it is?

Actually, thats realistic for a Gunner to have either daylight or Thermals. The M1 only has those too options: for a gunner to use nods, he pretty much has to put them on like any other crunchie, and peer through the GAS. Which... lets just say, sucks. Now the TC/Loader, yes, they would often have Nods on hand to see things that Thermals don't. Like muzzle flashes: a hill might hide the thermal sig, but the flash of light would often be seen in Nods.

http://i.imgur.com/M1KU6MO.jpg

:I If it only were that easy...

I remember my coding classes from Uni: I hated that stuff, I didn´t understand anything. I couldn´t fix a single page code thingy, can´t get my head around how you´re able to fix things in such a massive game at all. Just begun my AI testing, and man, so many variables, it´s exhausting.

Tell me about it, Once I wrote a quite long (a few hundred lines) and complicated script but it simply didn´t work. So I went and checked all the complex commands and lines searching for the error, I thought it had to be in one of them. After a long search I found out that I forgot to put an ; at the end of the very first line......

The change in suppressors was quite complex, we have adjusted the suppressors to have the same firemodes as the weapon that uses them and they now have (at least according to our testing) better characteristics in hands of AIs - they should use the weapon accordingly to optics mounted on it, this was something suppressors were missing. One of the most common bugs fixed is the infamous "Sniper switches to pistol" one - with great deal of help from our programmers. There may be some quite rare issues with this bug, but it is mainly on CQB range where pistol seems more usable for the AIs :icon_twisted:

Does that mean that addon makers should add code specifying AI behavior to configs responsible for their custom suppressors, as you guys have done in the latest dev revision, e.g.

Mode_SemiAuto

reloadTime = 0.05;
			dispersion = 0.0013;
			recoil = "recoil_single_SMG_01";
			recoilProne = "recoil_single_prone_SMG_01";
			minRange = 2;
			minRangeProbab = 0.3;
			midRange = 100;
			midRangeProbab = 0.7;
			maxRange = 150;
			maxRangeProbab = 0.05;
			aiRateOfFire = 2.0;
			aiRateOfFireDistance = 300;

?

Does that mean that addon makers should add code specifying AI behavior to configs responsible for their custom suppressors, as you guys have done in the latest dev revision, e.g.

Mode_SemiAuto?

There might be some sort of change in the system of suppressors, but it depends on available time. If there is one, you'll know that. But keep in mind that I cannot promise you anything :icon_twisted:

I'm wondering if there was any sneaky LOD flickering fixes in the dev branch lately because it feels like it's almost completely gone. Only some pieces of grass and rocks flicker, and only rarely. Much improved. I don't even use Object quality on Ultra or anything, I play on Standard and it's still pretty darn good. Turning it up to Very High only makes the flicker happen further away, not eliminate it though.

I'm wondering if there was any sneaky LOD flickering fixes in the dev branch lately because it feels like it's almost completely gone. Only some pieces of grass and rocks flicker, and only rarely. Much improved. I don't even use Object quality on Ultra or anything, I play on Standard and it's still pretty darn good. Turning it up to Very High only makes the flicker happen further away, not eliminate it though.

It's pretty bad in my end when I turn Object Quality to Standard. With Ultra it's very good.

DaRkL3AD3R

I play on Standard and it's still pretty darn good
i7 3770k 4.6Ghz; EVGA GTX 780

May i ask you why? :)

DaRkL3AD3R

You may. Object Quality is largely CPU dependent. Even with a 3770k overclocked to 5Ghz you'll still hit bottlenecks very early. Just running around the editor as a single unit with nothing else out there, I can already watch my GPU get bottlenecked if I push Object Quality up. I hold frame-rate higher priority than graphical quality, and seeing as how all Object Quality does is use higher quality LOD's farther away, I feel it is wasted performance. It's not like that tree 200 yards away is worth all the extra CPU clock cycle time for what ultimately turns into less than 50 pixels on my screen. That to me is a waste.

"dark leader" just said today in another post that he runs in ultra settings (see quote below). If you view his posts you'll see he's largely in opposition to anything anyone says.. he's either purposely trolling or he's one of 'those people'.

Object quality is in no way CPU dependent heheh.

My single GTX 780 overclocked allows me to do 8x AA, FXAA Ultra, 16x AF and pretty much all post processing settings
Edited by StrongHarm

"dark leader" just said today in another post that he runs in ultra settings (see quote below). If you view his posts you'll see he's largely in opposition to anything anyone says.. he's either purposely trolling or he's one of 'those people'.

Object quality is in no way CPU dependent heheh.

Face. Palm. Way to take that post out of context. If you actually read it and the thread it was taken from you'd know exactly what that quote even means. The topic was SLI profiles for Arma 3, and how Arma 3 is a game largely CPU dependant and thus SLI setups are not necessary. I was SUGGESTING that even my single GTX 780 is able to handle 8x AA, FXAA Ultra and 16x AF along with Post Processing settings on max. I did NOT say I run with Object Quality on Ultra. Because this game is THAT CPU bound that my single mediocre video card is able to max out all those GPU demanding settings and STILL be bottlenecked by my CPU. This completely corroborates with what I posted in this thread just above. I never said I use Ultra Object Quality because I don't.

You understand now? And about Object Quality not being CPU dependent, are you crazy? Or just uninformed? I suggest you download and use something like MSI Afterburner and monitor your GPU usage in game. I guarantee you that unless you have an absolute low tier GPU, that you will see your GPU not be fully utilized if you turn Object Quality on Ultra and use a standard view distance. Guarantee it. I spent months tweaking my settings and testing what does what to performance. Object and Terrain, along with View distances, absolutely blast your CPU performance and take away from your GPU utilization.

Edited by DaRkL3AD3R

Lads, please, keep this polite and civil, attacking on Object quality settings seems to be a bit off topic in this thread :icon_twisted:

DaRkL3AD3R

I think you don't know the LOD flickering issue when you're quoting his specs. Flickering can happen with any specs.

Now I tested the flickering between stable and dev branch and I don't see any difference when comparing Ultra->Ultra and Standard->Standard. So same what I said yesterday that standard quality flickering is pretty bad but ultra is fine. (I know this is an old issue)

But I noticed that there's less stuttering in dev branch when I flew over Agia Marina comparing to the stable branch.

Edited by St. Jimmy

meh, everything ultra + maxed view distance 12000 and so what? isn't a big deal in arma... we need more than 50% of cpu usage and more cpu threads maybe, to put some real load on our monster cards

Why this expression is not working with dev branch and is working fine with stable branch ?

bdetect_projectile_array = [[GrenadeHandTimedWest, 15, 4.5, 50],[GrenadeBase, 15, 4.0, 1000],[shellBase, 40, 20, 7000],[RocketBase, 30, 10, 1000],[MissileBase, 20, 8, 2500],[bombCore, 40, 10, 1000]];

Why this expression is not working with dev branch and is working fine with stable branch ?

bdetect_projectile_array = [[GrenadeHandTimedWest, 15, 4.5, 50],[GrenadeBase, 15, 4.0, 1000],[shellBase, 40, 20, 7000],[RocketBase, 30, 10, 1000],[MissileBase, 20, 8, 2500],[bombCore, 40, 10, 1000]];

Did one of those classnames change in the dev branch? Probably this one -> GrenadeHandTimedWest.

Did one of those classnames change in the dev branch? Probably this one -> GrenadeHandTimedWest.

it's an array.. so it can contain some variable

I'm guess the error you're getting is complaining about undefined variables because the first element in those arrays is considered a variable. I'm assuming you intend to use them as strings as I don't think you can refer to classes like that, so put some quotes around them.

nothing here, guessing maybe implementation of battleye is causing some issues.

ok thank you

Nice new sitrep! Finally they improve the firing drill! Most important.. :)

Unfortunatly they forgot weapon rest, shooting from vehicles and other small unnessary featuers like a better medic system..

most likely post - release

Nice new sitrep! Finally they improve the firing drill! Most important.. :)

Unfortunatly they forgot weapon rest, shooting from vehicles and other small unnessary featuers like a better medic system..

Or they are preparing the next patch for the stable branch, as mentioned in today's SITREP.

Take it one of two ways, they haven't said for definite they aren't releasing a DEV exe/Patch today, but on the other hand they haven't said they are.....? (Cue answer from Dev related Staff to clear this up) :)