one stance over kneeling you have these walk sounds, but in bigger gabs inbetween. so enemy can hear you walk, but actually

you are kneeling.

(wanted to write this together, forgot about it, thats why i quoted myself)

also if you are in the sidestep stance, and standing still you have walk sounds. the have longer pauses after each other but in multiplayer enemy can hear you

even if you dont walk.

Also, kudos on the AI driving. It's much-improved! I'm using tpw's civilian scripts and have all sorts of islanders cruising around in offroads and quadbikes, and have only encountered a few flaming wrecks thus far. LOL.

The main problem with that script is the little buggers running and driving on the runways or in front of my convoys making them stop or worse crash!

I am really keen to see what "all sandbox content" means for todays Dev.

Source, para 1 of http://beta.arma3.com/sitrep-00024

Judging by what devs have said about it: all vehicles, weapons, units and static objects. Basically the full game content, minus missions/campaign.

My 3g is going to take an awful battering then. :) I'll be happy with ambulance and medic tent. Some warfare buildings would be funky too.

Judging by what devs have said about it: all vehicles, weapons, units and static objects. Basically the full game content, minus missions/campaign.

That's right, tanks, static weapons, small objects in the editor, etc.

But, beware, it will take some time for us to upload these new/modified addons (GBs of data), so we don't expect the update to sync with dev branch users until this afternoon, possibly evening.

Plus, we'll have to be sure it's valid once it's uploaded, but we'll try to keep you up to date if there are any unforeseen snags along the way.

Best,

RiE

But, beware, it will take some time for us to upload these new/modified addons (GBs of data), so we don't expect the update to sync with dev branch users until this afternoon, possibly evening.

Plus, we'll have to be sure it's valid once it's uploaded, but we'll try to keep you up to date if there are any unforeseen snags along the way.

Best,

RiE

Nice btw there will be new optics and those pistol attachments?

Nice btw there will be new optics and those pistol attachments?

Right... we still don't have a thermal optic... will this be in ?

No idea re: pistol attachments, but so far the "PDW SMG" (STK CPW) appears in the Launch Countdown weapon list and has been going by the name "PDW2000" for some time in the magazine compatibility list... no hint of new optics though.

Best,

RiE

Thanks for the update Jay. Much appreciated.

Best,

RiE

Just to put everything in scope - there has been next to 5 GB of addons (re)uploaded and expected download size is going to be a bit less than a GB (blessed be Our Dear Leader for choosing Steam) :icon_twisted:

I don't want to spoil the surprise, but there are some unmentioned thingies like optics in the package :icon_twisted:

Nice, more than just armour for us who only use them as target practice.

Hopefully lots more treats for the non tankies among us. :)

I don't want to spoil the surprise, but there are some unmentioned thingies like optics in the package :icon_twisted:

What about the bikini babes we saw in one of the early videos ? :D

I hope the unmentioned things are either a tractor, a bus, or a bicycle, or a motorcycle...

Basically the full game content, minus missions/campaign.

Damn, I was hoping the Altis missions will make it into the update. We have some kind of ArmA3-LAN-PartEy this weekend and I hoped to play "Escape from Altis" with my fellow squadmates.

So I probably have make this kind of mission on my own... or somebody from BIS could send me the missions via PM :D For testing of course! :yay:

pettka, all vehicles and statics i noticed at gamescom will be in here today right? :)

or just a few of them?

It shouldn't differ from GC version in count and class structure, there might be some fixes and tweakings :icon_twisted:

It shouldn't differ from GC version in count and class structure, there might be some fixes and tweakings :icon_twisted:

Any possibility that you'll release the E3, livestream, Gamescom, etc. showcases?

Edit: not talking today of cause

Any possibility that you'll release the E3, livestream, Gamescom, etc. showcases?

Edit: not talking today of cause

I'm pretty sure those showcases were normal showcases that are gonna come out in the main release, they weren't made just for gamescom/e3

That mission is on Stratis. That's all I need to say.

---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 13:23 ----------

http://i.imgur.com/pAFZyKe.jpg

So? Who cares? Stratis is still in the game, you know. I'd like to see this too and one for Altis. Matter of fact, I'd like to see a module that will allow you to have a sort of hub from which to do different showcases or missions.