Would be great if it would be possible to disable mouse steering for the vehicles. When driving, time to time it now constantly steers little to left or right and correcting is suprising hard (not sure why). I like to drive with keys myself while pressing alt to look around.

This happens when you move your mouse after entering a vehicle, mouse steering centers quite slow and it feels like the car has flat tires on the other side, double tap Alt and don't move your mouse before you do that while in the car, problem solved :)

Or, if you never ever steer with your mouse, what St.Jimmy said.

you get absolutely no stuttering/hitching flying around Altis?

anyway, today's patch has seemed to have 'improved' the stuttering issues on Altis, but not made them go away completely (for me at least)

that's enough for me :)

as far as mouse steering, didn't Arma 2 have a little reticle to show you if your mouse was centered when driving? the lack of that makes it hard to figure out, and correct, the issue in Arma 3

as far as mouse steering, didn't Arma 2 have a little reticle to show you if your mouse was centered when driving? the lack of that makes it hard to figure out, and correct, the issue in Arma 3

This is present in ArmA 3.

Since the memory fix for 32bit OS's I've noticed ARMA using less ram and stuttering more on my 64bit Windows 7 system. Also at the start of a mission on the map screen I'd have the whole Altis texture loaded, now it's only the area I'm zoomed to and as I pan around it loads the rest. Finally mid range textures appear blurred. I don't know what you did but my system doesn't like it.

This is present in ArmA 3.

I just double checked both games, and definitely didn't see it in Arma 3. it was a little "V" shaped reticle

we got page 666

HELL YEAH :SpiningDemon:

btt:

I just double checked both games, and definitely didn't see it in Arma 3. it was a little "V" shaped reticle

yeah there was a a little reticle infront your car... u just had to keep this little thing on the street :D

Edited by Cthulhu616

Since the memory fix for 32bit OS's I've noticed ARMA using less ram and stuttering more on my 64bit Windows 7 system. Also at the start of a mission on the map screen I'd have the whole Altis texture loaded, now it's only the area I'm zoomed to and as I pan around it loads the rest. Finally mid range textures appear blurred. I don't know what you did but my system doesn't like it.

I thought that the 32bit fix only increased the maxmem parameter by default on 32bit systems? If so, it would be very strange to affect 64bit systems in any way.

Ummm you can disable mouse steering from vehicles or I don't get what do you mean. Car more left and right are the controls that you need to disable from the mouse. Arma 2 has the same options and maybe even the earlier games got it.

My bad, didnt manage to think that. Working nice now.

New DEV-version patch also feels smooth so far.

Those of you with 64bit systems who are experiencing stuttering since the 32bit memory hotfix was released, please look here and contribute some data. :)

in the editor i have now 45-50 FPS in Kavala at 3500 viewdistance. and the so called stutter, which is better described as short freezes, is now gone, when the game is freshly started. i will test again tonight how it turns out when running the game longer. in any case keep up what you are doing BI. it seems to work.

if we ever get performance close to this in MP, this game will be unbeatable...IF :p

MP is always better FPS for me than SP... 20-30 FPS in MP a couple of great servers out there. Will try this patch later hopefully gives me better smoothness.

Those of you with 64bit systems who are experiencing stuttering since the 32bit memory hotfix was released, please look here and contribute some data. :)

I posted mine up, I'll try to get an RPT later since I normally use -nologs.

Would be great if it would be possible to disable mouse steering for the vehicles. When driving, time to time it now constantly steers little to left or right and correcting is suprising hard (not sure why). I like to drive with keys myself while pressing alt to look around.

Numpad * does that.

Numpad * does that.

Well, isn't that also completely configurable in the keybindings? yeah, it is, because that's what I'm doing. I only drive and fly using my keyboard, I have free look as default on (meaning I automatically use my mouse to look left and right without pressing alt).

Well, isn't that also completely configurable in the keybindings? yeah, it is, because that's what I'm doing. I only drive and fly using my keyboard, I have free look as default on (meaning I automatically use my mouse to look left and right without pressing alt).

yes it is, and their is also a option in settings that start you in free look in any vechile

I posted mine up, I'll try to get an RPT later since I normally use -nologs.

I will do the same also... I also use this param

---------- Post added at 16:13 ---------- Previous post was at 16:13 ----------

Performance/stutter seems improved here, nice. Using 64bit OS.

still it needs to be fixed as it was prior to this hotfix :) please attach the relevant info the for devs :D

"Memory requirements of road shapes has been decreased (should help with Altis on low memory machines)"

.... ?

Well .. now the AI drivers' "memory" certainly seems to have decreased to almost none.

They just can't remember where they are heading to, or which road they should take.

Total mess, kind of funny, but...

At least on the bigger roads, AI can't drive at all anymore. Yesterday all was ok.

I put 6 civ offroads with far waypoints and cycle commands to "simulate" traffic for my video.

Went perfectly, they chose the main road, drove on their lane neatly and with good speed, and cycled between waypoints with no problem.

Today, they were all over the place, stopping and turning, choosing the smaller roads and longer paths, smashing against walls and so on.

PS. Repro?

http://koti.welho.com/ktiihone/dra/Offroad_off_road.Altis.7z

Edited by Azzur33

...Worrying stuff...

Please don't say this is the case. I need the AI in a mission I am making to drive to waypoints that are pretty distant. It all worked yesterday perfectly. Not had a chance to get in game so far today...

*Holds breath*

"Memory requirements of road shapes has been decreased (should help with Altis on low memory machines)"

.... ?

Well .. now the AI drivers' "memory" certainly seems decreased to almost none.

They just can't remember where they are heading to, or which road they should take.

Total mess, kind of funny, but...

At least on the bigger roads, AI can't drive at all anymore. Yesterday all was ok.

I put 6 civ offroads with far waypoints and cycle commands to "simulate" traffic for my video.

Went perfectly, they chose the main road, drove on their lane neatly and with good speed, and cycled between waypoints with no problem.

Today, they were all over the place, stopping and turning, choosing the smallest, and longer paths, smashing against walls and so on.

PS. Repro?

http://koti.welho.com/ktiihone/dra/Offroad_off_road.Altis.7z

Thanks, should be better tomorrow.