Is there only one walking animation? It looks weird when every unit is walking in sync with each other holding the gun with one hand. I think we should also have the previous animation where the soldier walks with gun in both hands. They can be randomized but the one arm holding the gun makes them waddle as they walk.

one stance over kneeling you have these wlak sounds back, but in bigger gabs inbetween. so enemy can hear you walk, but actually

you are kneeling.

does it work?? :D

edit:

•Small engine memory optimization (WIP)

some more info maybe?

We are currently working on several memory optimizations for the game - some of them are already in the dev branch and some are being prepared. This one in particular is simply about saving a few megabytes in the internal structure of the engine. It's not much but when you do it in several places it adds up. Stay tuned for more :).

Please don't say this is the case. I need the AI in a mission I am making to drive to waypoints that are pretty distant. It all worked yesterday perfectly. Not had a chance to get in game so far today...

*Holds breath*

Quoting myself because I have just been in the editor looking at the mission I am creating for the full release and the AI driving is totally screwed now. It was working perfectly yesterday but today.. oh dear. The AI drivers will drive into walls / H barriers rather than go drive out of a gate. Also the AI will take the long route to get to a destination. And there must be invisible walls in the roads or something because the AI drivers keep swerving to miss things that are not there.

Thanks, should be better tomorrow.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

We are currently working on several memory optimizations for the game - some of them are already in the dev branch and some are being prepared. This one in particular is simply about saving a few megabytes in the internal structure of the engine. It's not much but when you do it in several places it adds up. Stay tuned for more :).

Sounds good.

This dev release although a few stutters it feels smoother ! Well done and carry on.

Great, I went from buttery smooth to occasional stutter to downright jerky with this latest build. No idea why as I've not changed anything settings or component wise. Still have Win 7 64, 16GB RAM, Radeon 7970, i-7 2500k oc'd to 4.5mhz. I was running Altis great, and now I get in a truck to drive around and it's like the engine's seizing up on me! :(

PS: Tried the -maxVRAM=1850 and 2047 fixes and it actually dropped my framerate to the 20's (from mid-40s) and made the stuttering that much more pronounced. :j:

EDIT: Nothing to see here...once I added troops/opfor, the stuttering decreased substantially. It still blows my mind that I get worse performance on an empty map with only a single playable character. lol.

Edited by horrorview

the curves of the roades , especially the sharp turns look now more edgy and no more round.

maybe its possible to enhance that with a "setting slider" for people with more vram/ram ?

and the bridges everywhere are unfinished ? or bugged ?

-bridges kicks of dust if you drive over

-at night the light of a car is not rendered correctly. looks like the lighting from arma1.

This makes it impossible to make custom runways.

Pieces of "Pier" is not a "runway" nor a "road", it's a bunch of objects jammed up into each other. You can make a perfectly fine runway in Visitor, just not by pushing objects together. :)

I've also noticed that the ai have a problem crossing bridges, they all seem to go troll hunting under the bloody things?

Mick. :)

Pieces of "Pier" is not a "runway" nor a "road", it's a bunch of objects jammed up into each other. You can make a perfectly fine runway in Visitor, just not by pushing objects together. :)

They are 100% flat and should have no reason not to work.

They are 100% flat and should have no reason not to work.

Except the game don't see\think the same way.

On the topic of not being able to link to empty UAV's for the purposes of being "static" or used by the enemy: isn't that exactly what the locked property is for? The current method requiring a UAV to be "manned" to be used makes the nice respawn modules included in ArmA 3 useless for them, instead requiring scripting that a basic- to even moderate-level mission maker might not know or want to deal with. I propose that linking to an empty UAV (mainly the greyhawk, the others can be claimed through some hacky manners) will activate it's AI-crew so long as the terminal is of the same class (the three models have prefacing letters designating their side in their class names which match their terminals). I've been trying to get a simply functional UAV respawn to work for a group I've been playing with and it's just simply not capable of working with BI's modules. If there is some simple solution to this that I've missed, please inform me; I've searched around for hours unable to come up with anything reasonable.

I've also noticed that the ai have a problem crossing bridges, they all seem to go troll hunting under the bloody things?

Mick. :)

Bridges are misleading. I guess there may be different kind but most a more like houses. They have the same or similar properties. In the editor, you can place a waypoint on the bridge and select which position you want to go just like a house. In the game you can point and tell your units which position on the bridge to go to. I think that's why the arma 2 bridges caused vehicles to avoid them and if you drove on them you would hear crashing noises all the way across. So just like a building you walk into your AI might follow you in but most might go around it.

On the topic of not being able to link to empty UAV's for the purposes of being "static" or used by the enemy: isn't that exactly what the locked property is for? The current method requiring a UAV to be "manned" to be used makes the nice respawn modules included in ArmA 3 useless for them, instead requiring scripting that a basic- to even moderate-level mission maker might not know or want to deal with. I propose that linking to an empty UAV (mainly the greyhawk, the others can be claimed through some hacky manners) will activate it's AI-crew so long as the terminal is of the same class (the three models have prefacing letters designating their side in their class names which match their terminals). I've been trying to get a simply functional UAV respawn to work for a group I've been playing with and it's just simply not capable of working with BI's modules. If there is some simple solution to this that I've missed, please inform me; I've searched around for hours unable to come up with anything reasonable.

There are some plans and ideas, but it is hard to say, when we will have time to implement them.

i had already 2 dwonloads in steam. was that a patch and it was reverted ?

Are you sure they weren't updates to Steam Workshop subscribed scenarios? We've not yet pushed today's devbranch update.

Are you sure they weren't updates to Steam Workshop subscribed scenarios? We've not yet pushed today's devbranch update.

oh ok, my fault, didnt know that subscribed mission do autoupdate themself. good to know. thanks for that info.

We've not yet pushed today's devbranch update.

Please tell me that's because you are giving the driver AI some loving!

•Drivers have been re-trained to keep on roads

Thank fuck for that!! testing...

Yep all good, cheers guys.

Edited by dale0404

oh ok, my fault, didnt know that subscribed mission do autoupdate themself. good to know. thanks for that info.

Yep - it's one of the coolest features of the Workshop scenarios IMO. The devbranch update should be out now.