No point telling me I've been on Win 7 64bit for several years, just stating that a lot of people still use Win XP because it's still a good OS for a lot of apps.

Windows XP is no longer even supported by Microsoft... time to move on ffs.

I just noticed this, I cant put on SOS scope on the BLUFOR sniper rifle... moreover, why am I spawned with a sniper rifle that has no scope to begin with?

What? What mission are you on? :s

Also, sniper rifles *can* be customized a bit so they give you the rifle, you attach... attachments.

I just noticed this, I cant put on SOS scope on the BLUFOR sniper rifle... moreover, why am I spawned with a sniper rifle that has no scope to begin with?

Try it without mods.

BIS should not be supporting OS that aren't even supported by the manufacturers. I use Win7 64bit and it is extremely good. Agree with Shagulon, please upgrade.

is there a memory leak after the 32bit hotfix? my 64bit stutters like fuck

I had great success with the -maxVRAM parameter, I pushed it to 1850. -maxmem also helped.

Try it without mods.

Roger... never occurred to me to do that. So it's not an issue... Will now to find the culprit and report to the mod creator(s). I suspect it's FHQ accessory mod

I had great success with the -maxVRAM parameter, I pushed it to 1850. -maxmem also helped.

Thanks for the tip. :) After I added -maxVRAM=2047 (for GTX760), the game is very smooth again. Only unit spawning/scripts causes some stutters (could be my own fault), but under that FPS feel very good again.

Windows XP is no longer even supported by Microsoft... time to move on ffs.

Yes it is, and "some" people will still use it even when it's no longer supported. A lot of games still have support for DX9 because it's still widely used.

I'd like to see a 64bit version of ArmA 3 but that's not the case for now and like I said in a earlier post, software is slowly converting to 64bit but it's not at the point yet where people are forced to use a 64bit OS and won't be for awhile.

Thanks for the tip. :) After I added -maxVRAM=2047 (for GTX760), the game is very smooth again. Only unit spawning/scripts causes some stutters (could be my own fault), but under that FPS feel very good again.

That's awesome news. Be careful with setting VRAM too high, you should set it to no more than 95% of your max. It may crash out if it's too high.

(big fan of your work, keep it up buddy)

Is it wrong that what was once 30fuppusses on Stratis is now 60 on Altis and 80 on Stratis? I didn't change any settings and haven't actually downloaded the update 'till two days ago. It feels amazing. Not sure how most of everybody else is struggling.

Roger... never occurred to me to do that. So it's not an issue... Will now to find the culprit and report to the mod creator(s). I suspect it's FHQ accessory mod

I do think the config contains the sniper rifles, but I am not 100% sure. In any case, this bloody mess with the attachments could have been easily avoided if someone had listened to me when there was still time in early March; no it's probably never going to change, and we will be eternally stuck with this bollocks.

Makes me almost want to quit modding in the first place :(

Admittedly I'm not sure if "early March" was actually still in time or whether it was already deemed set in stone even before public release...

I do think the config contains the sniper rifles, but I am not 100% sure. In any case, this bloody mess with the attachments could have been easily avoided if someone had listened to me when there was still time in early March; no it's probably never going to change, and we will be eternally stuck with this bollocks.

Makes me almost want to quit modding in the first place :(

No worries, its not yours. It's SHM M16 was the culprit

it seems like this actually fixed the worst chopping/stutter/freeze up problems for me. thx alot!

i still have to run the game longer to see if it gets worse or reappears but so far this looks promising. since i had to lower my settings to 900 m viewdistance before, to reduce the violent chops and freezes to a minimum (they were still present), i can now play with pretty high settings with surprising framerates comsidering my rig. just as i expected. let's hope it stays that way.

BI i urge you to add some intelligence to the game to detect if settings like this are needed. it's not optimal, if a startup parameter is needed to actually make the game work properly. i can't remember which game it was but i remember one that had sliders for memory and video memory. i think it might have been GTA 4.

i strongly suggest adding something like this so there are more options to tweak the game and find problems like this easier, if it's too hard to make the game detect this by default.

I have done exactly the same and my stuttering has 99% stopped.

BI i urge you to add some intelligence to the game to detect if settings like this are needed. it's not optimal, if a startup parameter is needed to actually make the game work properly. i can't remember which game it was but i remember one that had sliders for memory and video memory. i think it might have been GTA 4.

i strongly suggest adding something like this so there are more options to tweak the game and find problems like this easier, if it's too hard to make the game detect this by default.

I agree, it's not so bad at the moment to set a couple of startup parameters but once you start to add in mods it will become a bit of a mine field for some users, especially new ones that may just give up because it's too much. It should just work "out of the box" so to speak.

I agree, it's not so bad at the moment to set a couple of startup parameters but once you start to add in mods it will become a bit of a mine field for some users, especially new ones that may just give up because it's too much. It should just work "out of the box" so to speak.

It's not a minefield if people would use the my documents\Arma 3\ folder for addons instead of using the command line.

It's not a minefield if people would use the my documents\Arma 3\ folder for addons instead of using the command line.

You've just proved my point a little. I didn't know you could use the addons folder and I'm fairly noobish to the series, as far as Arma 3 it is the first in the series that has actually grabbed my attention enough to stick around and be a part of the community, etc. All the mods I have looked at expect you to install the mods to your main directory and even the generic instructions that are usually added to the mod/addon description page tell you the same thing. So in my opinion it is a bit of a mine field.

That seems like it's due to some modders' legacy attachment to the modline method, whereas pretty much all you need to do with the My Documents & Expansions method is know that the modfolders go into the Arma 3 folder in My Documents.

I wonder if it's by design that the Zamak truck can only fit two squads minus one person (as in the final person can't get in) even though visually there seems to be enough room for two whole squads + driver.

I would like to use one truck per two squads as transports in my mission and this is preventing me from doing so :|

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/AGgyYeF.jpg

I wonder if it's by design that the Zamak truck can only fit two squads minus one person (as in the final person can't get in) even though visually there seems to be enough room for two whole squads + driver.

I would like to use one truck per two squads as transports in my mission and this is preventing me from doing so :|

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/AGgyYeF.jpg

That appears to be a glitch you should report.

thank's saok back to 10k view distance and 4k object on all ultra settings, also no more stuttering when turning left or right or using binoculars or scopes also is that the top limit for vram as I have 4 gig on my cards could i max it up to 4094. cheers again SmokeDog

You've just proved my point a little. I didn't know you could use the addons folder and I'm fairly noobish to the series, as far as Arma 3 it is the first in the series that has actually grabbed my attention enough to stick around and be a part of the community, etc. All the mods I have looked at expect you to install the mods to your main directory and even the generic instructions that are usually added to the mod/addon description page tell you the same thing. So in my opinion it is a bit of a mine field.

Oh, the instructions are a mine field. Yeah, I guess I see your point.

Wait you can install mods into the documents folder? I didn´t know that...