Extremely disappointed with vehicles and the content. This update just proved for me that going for futuristic setting was just dumb.

You could give OPFOR and BLUFOR the same vehicles just paint them differently and it wouldve been the same.

Almost every vehicle has the same GL/MG turret, no matter if its a ship, a mrap or an apc. Lot of vehicles are just sharing parts with others.

Static weapons and launchers are shared between factions like M2 machinegun was in OFP.

Theres such a small amount of infantry weapons, that i get a feeling there might be more hats in the game than weapons.

Same boats, submarines, turrets, CSWs, launchers,....

Im just imagining how great this game would have been with all the gameplay improvements (+altis) and improved/extended A2 content. damn...such a shame and waste of effort on trying to be "innovative".

no, I don't mind the merkava tank having it, but every other armoured vehicle?

the artillery ,the AA tank, the MLRS , the APC, was expecting a bit more variety for 2 years of work to just have copy and paste of the chassis with different turrets

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=175658985

this is all the blufor armoured vehicle ^

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/901006906404696261/AEE238B180A9DAC327531137BFBC65F28DF4905F/

compared to all the opfor armoured vehicles ^

If youd parked T-100 next to the arty it would look exactly like BLUFOR picture. :) same pattern but without mlrs

no, I don't mind the merkava tank having it, but every other armoured vehicle?

the artillery ,the AA tank, the MLRS , the APC, was expecting a bit more variety for 2 years of work to just have copy and paste of the chassis with different turrets

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=175658985

this is all the blufor armoured vehicle ^

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/901006906404696261/AEE238B180A9DAC327531137BFBC65F28DF4905F/

compared to all the opfor armoured vehicles ^

+1 here! i am kinda disappointed with this release! Looks boring! And all the same! Opfor and Blufor seems all copy and paste! arma 2 rules in content! this game should evolve not devolve!I hope they open their minds and port and optimize all arma 2 content in a DLC for arma 3 not having to use AiA. Arma 3 OA!;)

I hope those civilians are WIP. there's like 5 that use the same blue striped shirt outfit, with a different hat. irl I haven't seen too many "surfers" wearing a mythbusters beret

Saw vehicles in the editor.

BIS congrats - you just went full retard :rolleyes:

Ok - now back to playing A2! :cool:

Something interesting:

T-100 - doesn't have machine gun for gunner!! But has for commander....

M2A1 - doesn't have machine gun for commander.. but has one for gunner...

WHAT THE ....??

Quite sad what I'm reading here. I'm sure that I'll have plenty of fun with Arma 3 even with this content but it seems so much less than in Arma 2. Some sort of official AiA would be quite cool with all the weapons and vehicles from Arma 2 ported and polished for the game.

What bugs me most is the missing variability. All the MX models are way to similar for me (not that I dont like them). It's basically like Blue has one all purpose rifle with extented mags, longer barrel etc. when Red and Green have their dedicated models for each purpose. Then I dont know why CSAT and Greeks share the same Marksman Rifle. I think about the double amount of weapons would be sufficient for a game like this.

Nevertheless I want to test these new stuff tomorrow (not at home tonight, but my download is running...:licklips: ). Maybe more stuff while come by time.

Saw vehicles in the editor.

BIS congrats - you just went full retard :rolleyes:

Ok - now back to playing A2! :cool:

thats a ban, no?

For the first time since I joined the dev branch(today's update) I will report lower frames for my game. What the heck is going on BIS? We expect more frames not less :(

seems custom terrains run very much better in latest Branch but Altis still a slide show for me wish that can be resolved , maybe the stack_overflow non report was the reason here but it hasnt fixed my Altis probems

I will njoy the 375kmph honda civic sports and kep fingers crossed for some Altis news in the next branch

Something interesting:

T-100 - doesn't have machine gun for gunner!! But has for commander....

M2A1 - doesn't have machine gun for commander.. but has one for gunner...

WHAT THE ....??

Probably a leftover from the time when BIS wanted to go 2 men crew for tanks or something.

The same reason why commander's hatch was sealed shut on AMV with commander optics absent until the complaints.

Commander space certainly feels quickly tacked on Merkava. Empty space for coaxial MG on the turret, no commander's gun, only one hatch. When I pressed F which would've normally been commander's weapon switch it crashed the game.

Also IIRC Merkava is actually a 4 men crew tank. Yet 4th guy is missing.

In 1.63 beta for ArmA2 they've added dedicated thermal optics for a loader I think (apart from him having a dedicated MG!) making him quite useful. So tanks in ArmA3 are definitely a giant step back from that.

Edited by metalcraze

Why does the East MBT have no MG?

Why do two separate factions share so many parts? Artillery gun, APC gun, AA gun? It's bad enough we have to put up with the lack of interiors, at least put some effort into how the outside looks... At the moment it looks bad and lazy. I really am unimpressed by it.

Why do some vehicles crew's positions get thermal optics but no NV optics or vice versa?

The Artillery pieces look particularity bad to me. The gap between the huge turret and tank chassis looks silly, the turret ring looks too small. Make it join like the merkeva's Chassis and turret. Also, the NATO Artillery tank's chassis and Turret look like they where textured/modeled by different people, both using different levels of detail. It's obvious that the turret was an after thought and made late in the (rushed) development process. It looks odd.

The handling of the tanks is pretty uninspiring (I feel the same way about most of the A3 vehicles tbh, the offroad is pretty ok). The way they stop/accelerate turn etc just feels unnatural. There is also another problem with vehicles: why can't you move forward and Turn at the same time? When you give a steering input it cuts forward power. The sounds effects for the tanks are bland also. There is no feeling of power or the sense of the engine laboring to move the weight, just two bland engine tones (read drones), one for moving and one for idling.

Another problem is with the model LODs, they are pretty rough. The Turret ring disappears on the Artillery tank for example...leaving it levitating above the tank...

Finally of course we have the same crappy Fire Control System/Zeroing. No real changes to how any of the tank gunnery is operated. Not even any new cool things they could add in given it's supposed to be the "future".

Altis was the Crown Jewel, and it's just as-well to be honest because a lot of the content is not really getting me excited at all.

PS I didn't support the decision to use Future hardware just so you could cheap out and use Copy and Pate between Equipment for all the factions. I won't even mention the jet you have re-used for FOUR separate products now...

Sorry to be so negative. Believe me, I really wish I didn't have to be.

I honestly agree with the decision to not put a MG for the gunner. The commanders gun is a much more rapid fire gun then the one the gunner has on the Slamer.

I like it.

I got -3 to -5 FPS with the latest dev update. Very dissapointed right now.

Anyone else with the same issue?:( I wish I could undo the latest update.

Tanks can barely navigate the new terrain on Altis , driver gets hung up on every second f-ing rock he comes too. It wore me down to the point I simply quit the game.

I got -3 to -5 FPS with the latest dev update. Very dissapointed right now.

Anyone else with the same issue?:( I wish I could undo the latest update.

Just opt out from the dev branch and game should revert back.

Tonic you meant this?

Yep that one, seems as if it was axed too.

It makes me sad looking at this. What have the 3D Artists been doing the last few years?

Arma 2 has 22 unique military land vehicels

Not counting all the different variants

Not counting all the helicopters

Not counting all the Aircraft

Not counting all the civilian vehicels

Not counting the damn boats

See for yourself and cry a little

yea i agree the content is kinda underwhelming. but to be honest i expected it by now. it looks just how you'd expect it after all the "not enough resources"-talk. it still puzzles me though how stuff that has been shown on screens ages ago can still feel so unfinished. all the modellers busy with Altis objects and dayZ stuff?

what really bugs me though is that the chopping appeared again. not in the same situations (although it still can happen) but just having placed 6 vehicles on the stratis airfield made my game freeze for seconds over and over. which leads me back to my original theory that there's something wrong with how textures/materials for certain models are loaded or something similar.

i accepted the fact that content will be short for now and that's ok but i expect a stable "unfreezy" game on release.

and if i'm gonna have to pay for more recycled fixed wing later, i'm gonna be pissed. the content problem could easily be fixed by released properly ported arma 2 vehicles. or just give us the mlods so we can do it ourselves like we always do :p. lots of them look still good and would just need a slight rework. not every vehicle needs to have PIP. it's a gimmick anyways. and just because "it's the future" doesn't mean that all apaches, abrams and hueys have been wrecked. so please think about it. there has always been recycling and it's totally fine for a game of this size. and i'm honestly sometimes happy to see "old friends" again. just do the recycling more clever and in a way that actually helps the game.

Fantastic content in this update ! Slight issue with sound on the zsu (aa tank) its a little low from external view should be much louder.

Only had a few mins to test but its a massive game right now !