anyone else having problems being stuck in the menu's?

reproduce: 1. go editor -> quit editor & go back main menu -> this takes ages

2. go multiplayer menu for finding servers -> go back main menu -> this takes ages

i7

gtx670

16gb ddr3

not installed on ssd (yes i defragmented after update)

edit: i also noticed the only my first core has 90-95% usage. others only use 10% at max. do i rly have to force this with a command at startup?

Edited by blackmailer

the fov is turning out far in the hatchback on high speed. its like you are going into a time tunnel ;) so less fov would be better.

also in the jet the fov is to high. you even can´t read the HUD. also the turn radius is really poor. should be more steerable on the ground.

and where is the analog thrust from arma2 ? so you have it from 0-100 , and not -50 to 0 to +50. please change that to the arma2 controls.

and i forgot to say:

that the plane is slowly decreasing hight. you have to contantly correct the plane and pull the nose slightly up. since there is no option to trim the plane

that should be done automaticly, so you have a straight level flight.

Yeah I am well aware, you can get any half decent car to do 300km/h with mods (handling on the other hand is another story). Like I said engine tech these days is so good you can build high HP motors for fairly low $$.

You may see that it has completely changed engine, drive-train, 7-gear gearbox and stiffer suspension as well as for example much stronger beam lights. It was an experiment with possibilities of our technology at first but it became a full-fledged car in the end :icon_twisted:

You'll learn. BIS marches to their own tune. Sure, they are listening and they are improving the game AS THEY SEE FIT to meet the balance of the game. It's their business, you either take it or leave it. Just because the game doesn't meet "your expectations" doesn't mean that BIS is going to go out and hire 100 new Computer Scientists to meet your need. Only they know the bottom line, you don't. Have you ever thought that if Money was their #1 goal, then they would have gone to console's by now? But they haven't. They might take DayZ to Console, but the ArmA series is going to stay pure.

I, for one, love the game....have had hours of fun. If the Tanks or the Planes aren't up to standard's yet, I really don't care. The Sandbox Environment and the AI improving is what I care about most. The Tanks and the Planes will evolve. Side Note: I remember when BF3 came out in October of 2011, it was a mess. I thought "This is a disaster, they'd better fix it soon or they just ruined their brand." By early 2012, they fixed most things and fine tuned the balance....the rest is history with that game / genre. Battlefield is going to surpass COD. As for BIS, give them time..... they are already better prepared for their release than BF3 ever was back in 2011.

BIS will iron out the problems / balance / bugs and make a great "Vanilla" Milsim. The Community will add on from there with ACE 3 / ACRE / MODS / etc.

And I, and dozens of others, shouldent voice OUR opinion or be upset when a game we paid hard earned money for dosent meet OUR expectations? Or rather the expectations that BIS made us believe to be the case in countless videos and "promises"?? I am glad they have a "no promise" policy now and that's fine. But implement that AFTER you deliver on the promises, confirmed features you told us about BEFORE the "no promise" policy.

Just because the game "meets YOUR standards, and YOUR happy" you belittle and try to undermine those who want more from BIS. See what I did there? Sound familiar? That's because it is the same spiel you just gave me but opposite. Your opinion and how YOU feel about the game matters more. The people that bitch and moan and complain and, best yet, offer constructive critisism, care the most about this game. They love the platform and want to see more out of it. It's human nature. People rage about the things they care/feel strongest about. They don't give two f*cks about things they don't give two f*cks about. In your case, I think you are just satisfied with mediocre, maybe in your own life as well as the endevours of others. I don't know you but I get that vibe from the way you and countless others on here put the criticizers down as "girls with their panties in a bunch"

I love this series. It was my escape in 2009 when I was a brand new Airman stuck in a VERY foreign country away from my friends and family. It was my escape, even if just a video game, to the kind of military career I wanted but couldent have due to "the needs of the Air Force", my color deficiencies that strip me of any possibility to be an aerial gunner, and distracted me of MY OWN bad (some, most, would say good) decision to join the Air Force instead of the Marines as I originally intended. I tell you all this to show you this game is inportant to me and I enjoy not only the gameplay and innovation, but what it has brought to me personally.

I am not a huge gamer, I play ARMA, BF series and GTA exclusively. This game is unique in that I can be distracted from the real world, social life, work, and my second favorite hobby, fishing. So I would say I care about the success of this game and only hope to open somones eyes at bohemia. This community can obviously do that with this company. It speaks volumes about the developers that they care/listen have a passion. We yell and give criticism to those that would listen. I have 2 troops. One is a top notch Airman who still has much to improve on. He dosent take critism, is very arrogant, and thinks that where he is at is at a perfect place to stay in his personal development. I don't like to give up on people but I eventually realized he was going to do his own thing and that was it. I don't try with him anymore. The other was a shitbag who everyday listens to my and other senior guys advice/guidance and gets better and better everyday. Hopefully he will surpass the arrogant one.

I know all this may seem a bit deep for a video game, but the bottom line is, if people will listen, tell them. BIS does that. So we tell them, A LOT!

Edited by CombatComm1

BIS don't owe you anything, get over yourself and find something worthwhile to be passionate about.

You may see that it has completely changed engine, drive-train, 7-gear gearbox and stiffer suspension as well as for example much stronger beam lights. It was an experiment with possibilities of our technology at first but it became a full-fledged car in the end :icon_twisted:

And yet the downforce is equal to an F1 car and it´s got the physics of MarioKart.

---------- Post added at 08:52 ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 ----------

BIS don't owe you anything, get over yourself and find something worthwhile to be passionate about.

If the world only consisted of guys like you we would still be running around with sticks and stones.

Just a bunch of yes-men devolving the human race instead of having people saying this can be better, this needs improvement etc.

You guys can either keep it civil or keep out of the thread.

This will be the only warning.

Like my 6 years of military service? What have you done with your life? This is a forum about a game, we talk about said game. You're an idiot to tell me to be passionate about something else in a forum for that game I am expressing passion for. You smell like a nasty fat troll. Go back to your cave. Personal attacks is not what I set in motion. I simply gave BIS feedback that many others have expressed and asked them to please increase their workforce of talented employees so they can avoid these nasty timeline problems.

But yah, BIS "dont owe me nuffin dawg".

Like my 6 years of military service? What have you done with your life?

A Czech game company owes you because you were in the military for six years?

I'm sorry, I'm sick of the huge essays on why BIS is terrible and should fire all their workers by CombatComm1. They've worked hard on this game and criticism of their work is fine, but you suggesting they should fire their staff and rehire?

I make games for a living that you sit on the internet and complain about, I don't work for BIS, but your attitude is exactly why there are industry-specific counselors.

Edited by Phlux1

I just want to remind that yesterday's update decreased the FPS of the game. I have some standard locations that I check my FPS with every update and this was the first time I noticed lower frames . The decrease was about 5-7 FPS .

Just want to make dev's aware of that , maybe something they changed and they should know :)

And yet the downforce is equal to an F1 car and it´s got the physics of MarioKart.[/Quote]

You actually loose grip quite a lot on higher speeds, the car goes up on suspension, don't get to urban myths that it doesn't take downforce into account :icon_twisted:

I just want to remind that yesterday's update decreased the FPS of the game. I have some standard locations that I check my FPS with every update and this was the first time I noticed lower frames . The decrease was about 5-7 FPS .

Just want to make dev's aware of that , maybe something they changed and they should know :)

Hey Niki, I noticed this too, mainly on missions that were created prior to the new version. If I create a mission in the new version and play it it's fine.

I've also noticed that the UI gets messed up with older missions as well, even if I open the mission and export it with the newest update I get issues. I've only had luck in creating new missions from scratch and that seems to work. We should create a tracker if we know enough people are having the issue.

Well when I test my FPS I test them through the editor on an empty island. (BTW it's better to say Niko , Niki is a female name) :)

You actually loose grip quite a lot on higher speeds, the car goes up on suspension, don't get to urban myths that it doesn't take downforce into account :icon_twisted:

Nah! Let it be please. It's awesome to travel around the island and discover new wonderful places :cool:

Btw it's just a civ vehicle, people can choose to add it or not on their missions.

It's getting better and better! Best game on the market so far!

Several buts...

I'm a little bit disappointed with tanks overall impression.

Hope it's not the last version.

The feeling of riding the BTR Kamysh, for instance, is much more impressive in terms of controls and sound. If really feels like a BIG HEAVY MACHINE! But T-100 or M2A1 do not.

Also yesterday I had a flying away tank T-100 after collision issue, like in happened in Arma2. Hope it's because they haven't done the Physics yet.

P.S. IMHO, OPFOR tank weapon sights should be somehow different from BLUFOR. Maybe more Russian style, maybe more futuristic, but different.

I've decided to be gracious here and deleted some posts that would otherwise have netted people (additional) infractions.

Further thread derailment will result in thread-bans.

A car with no downforce (probably producing lift) can not and will never take a high speed corner at 270km/h. EDIT: Actually it´s over 300km/h...

Where is the downforce produced from? What wings? What ground effects from this FWD hatchback? It´s unicorn stuff and the least you would expect from a game like Arma.

"the car goes up on suspension" That tells you right there where the bar has been set. It´s Nintendo 64 MarioKart vehicle dynamics.

Edited by RushHour

A car with no downforce (probably producing lift) can not and will never take a high speed corner at 270km/h.

Where is the downforce produced from? What wings? What ground effects from this FWD hatchback? It´s unicorn stuff and the least you would expect from a game like Arma.

"the car goes up on suspension" That tells you right there where the bar has been set.

So you are expecting ArmA to simulate a "hatchback" 100% accurate? sorry but this series has never been about simulating vehicles 100% like a dedicated car sim (it's not like you are forced to drive the sports version is it)

So you are expecting ArmA to simulate a "hatchback" 100% accurate? sorry but this series has never been about simulating vehicles 100% like a dedicated car sim (it's not like you are forced to drive the sports version is it)

The only thing that is even a percent accurate is the body shape. Everything else is pure fiction that has 0% correllation with reality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EdshnJc9RY

This is the same as having an aircraft stopping mid-flight, turn around then get on the power with no loss of elevation. It´s pure science fiction. It´s not even arcade at this point.

Put simply: The car follows no laws of nature.

Edited by RushHour

"It's a Beta."

I'm so looking forward to next week. Really. I'm so looking forward to the day this "argument" doesn't cut anymore

"the car goes up on suspension" That tells you right there where the bar has been set. It´s Nintendo 64 MarioKart vehicle dynamics.

It uses RedBull as fuel, you know, the crisis...

Jokin apart, I think we shouldn't give so much importance to a sport variant of a civ vehicle. I don't believe it's gonna affect to gameplay much, after all this is a war game :)

It uses RedBull as fuel, you know, the crisis...

Jokin apart, I think we shouldn't give so much importance to a sport variant of a civ vehicle. I don't believe it's gonna affect to gameplay much, after all this is a war game :)

right... no matter if 100 or 300... my sabot will always get you :P

I'm so looking forward to next week. Really. I'm so looking forward to the day this "argument" doesn't cut anymore

As long as the game is officially in beta, it does "cut."

Make sure on release you switch from the dev build to the stable build, I think you should probably reserve judgment until then. They have stated numerous times that they are tinkering with the dev build beyond the stable build, so really, the dev build will never be stable and never was.

When the game is released, we should also see the next set of drivers from Nvidia and Ati that should hopefully boost performance somewhat.

I'm excited, I'm expecting that performance should be better than what we have now for sure. There are performance fixes every day.

If the Tanks or the Planes aren't up to standard's yet, I really don't care. The Sandbox Environment and the AI improving is what I care about most. The Tanks and the Planes will evolve.

You are aware, though, that this sentence does not make any sense at all ? Or are you just blowing the "sandbox environment" around as a buzzword ? The "sandbox" is everything in the game, not only the terrain. The Sandbox is all the units in the game too. So if you say the tanks aren't up to standard (all two of them) and the planes aren't either (all one of them), then two whole pillars of the sandbox are not up to standards.

BIS will iron out the problems / balance / bugs and make a great "Vanilla" Milsim. The Community will add on from there with ACE 3 / ACRE / MODS / etc.

See, and there we go again. I may not be the best mission maker, and you might never have played anything from me, or you might have and though "stupid missions", but no matter what, I am a mission maker, one of those "community" guys that always have to "save the day" it seems with the current mindset of "the community will fix everything". And again, this comes from people who have NEVER given anything to the community in terms of missions or mods themselves.

Get away from that mindset that WE have to provide the missing things that YOU are missing in the game.

Hi all,

Has anyone actually thought about the possibility that BIS might be holding content back until the full release?

Just saying...