Wow, that orange has to go. It's ugly and distracting and matches nothing ArmA 3 related. :(

Agreed, especially after the much more subdued colours of the alpha and beta. I thought they would go with a dark red, like the links on this forum.

Agreed, especially after the much more subdued colours of the alpha and beta. I thought they would go with a dark red, like the links on this forum.

No Orange, no way. The blue was excelent. In any case, not this Orange !

Well, what about the british then ? Do they also get to wear US flags ?

I hope that it's at least possible to override that part of the texture with a hidden selection. I really "hate" that it's always US troops, completely ignoring that NATO is a lot more than "just" the US

Well currently they are part of the main texture.

The best solution would be to have the patch area on a separate, smaller texture. If there was a system to automatically apply those textures on units, we could have a whole variety of different patches on the same type of unit.

RHS AFRF had a decal system like this for vehicle numbers: http://afrf.redhammer.su/index.php/Decals

About the CSAT symbol, I liked the older "griffin" flag a lot more.

L3oAkla.jpg

Edited by Kecske

It'd actually be quite cool if you could change your national flag for your NATO gear *and* your CAS gear as two seperate options on your character profile screen to solve the flag complaints.

It's good to have the rain back but I have a couple of concerns. Firstly when in a vehicle in first person it looks like the rain isn't falling around you but maybe 20mtrs in the distance, in 3rd person its fine and looks good. Had a fly in the little bird and basically was the same, looks like it starts in the distance but 3rd person looks good. Drove under a hanger at the airport and the rain is rendered inside at certain points - I think someone mentioned it isn't working well with roofs. I'm also having some lag in the editor with rain at 100%, clouds at 100% and wind around 70%. Feels like its stopping for a second and then skipping along. It did ease a little once I was away from the airfield and Aegis.

Also the the lightning is awesome but the thunder sounds are a little disappointing, the sound is either not loud enough or is being diffused and sounds weird. Also it should depend on where you are in relation to the lightning strike as to how loud it is. At the moment it all sounds the same.

Orange!?! I liked the blue or the green but orange is very over powering, glad it can be changed and hope this isn't the release color.

The best solution would be to have the patch area on a separate, smaller texture. If there was a system to automatically apply those textures on units, we could have a whole variety of different patches on the same type of unit.

RHS AFRF had a decal system like this for vehicle numbers: http://afrf.redhammer.su/index.php/Decals

About the CSAT symbol, I liked the older "griffin" flag a lot more.

http://i.imgur.com/L3oAkla.jpg

Well, in general, I like the old factions better, you know, when it was NATO, Iran, and the Hellenic Armed Forces... Oh well, that's what mods are for.

It'd actually be quite cool if you could change your national flag for your NATO gear *and* your CAS gear as two seperate options on your character profile screen to solve the flag complaints.

Alternatively have a set of modules that apply the patches by sync'd unit, group or side and leave it up to the mission makers.

http://i.imgur.com/L3oAkla.jpg

I disagree, the best solution is for bi to respect the structure of NATO and give each country their own uniforms, like real life. But as I mentioned in a thread, this whole Arma 3 is overboard generic. Every faction has the exact same vehicle weapon, in fact for most, the exact same vehicle. Arma is, or is supposed to be a quality product, yet too many things are pretty much re skinned OA vehicles or one vehicle put in all three factions.

I think they are relying too much on community made addons. Maybe they will surprise me when the game comes out. Or maybe they are spending all resources on finishing a playable game by their deadline and then fine tune everything with playable content later.

The orange is not soooo bad. It's a nice change but should be faded a lot more because it is way too strong.

Edited by Victim9l3

Soldier can't use UAV terminal of different side (there is going to be another system of stealing UAVs post-RC)

well there goes the mission I was working on

and addWeapon is broken?

The orange is not soooo bad. It's a nice change but should be faded a lot more because it is way too strong.

You can change the color in (OPTIONS >> GAME >> COLOR).

well there goes the mission I was working on

and addWeapon is broken?

Yes, 4 sites here about flags and rain while the most important function is broken.

CSAT really needs a better logo. Six hexagons, really? :/

To me it looks fine, though maybe adding and islamic text above in white would improve it.

Nice to see shadow volumes receiving tweaking, I believe this is the effect:

Old:

bC2JygUl.jpg

New:

ZWwKxAGl.jpg

Unfortunately, the banana is dancing in the hot summer sun. Details in the spoiler. :D

Sea now renders over the reflection:

YnIEJyNl.jpg

Stencil shadows do not affect the reflection (Soft shadows properly remove reflection):

g2VG8Wcl.jpg e5bZVA4l.jpg

Relevant ticket: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=10395

Edited by Sniperwolf572

Unfortunately, the banana is dancing in the hot summer sun. Details in the spoiler. :D

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Yes, 4 sites here about flags and rain while the most important function is broken.

This is a known issue, is already fixed in our internal dev, and it should be in your digital hands ASAP.

Known issue: addWeapon is broken :mad:

Best,

RiE

since latest DEV branch update in CfgVehicles "C_man_1_2_F" suddenly has a parent to "C_man_1_1_F" instead of "C_man_1_F"

this is breaking some if my scripts because i use nearestobjects to define if a player is near a

general store: "C_man_1_2_F"

or a

gun store: "C_man_1_1_F"

the general store now also opens the gunstore dialog because nearestobjects also spots the parent "C_man_1_1_F" while looking for "C_man_1_2_F" (not the other way around)

this is only hapenning on DEVbranch and i wonder if this change was by accident :)

if not i'll just hack my way arround it but i'm really interested in the reason of this change :)

That would be ideal, but the decal system is a bit weird, and it doesn't support effects like normals and specular maps, so they would look supremely ugly on the detailed uniforms.

I´d love for the velcro on the upper arms of opfor to return, though. This symbol looks really eh

its the stablest alpha i've every seen, some other things i'm doing at the moment will crash every 15min in the debug mode (and we are ~3 months from release)

I stopped crashing after disabling the steam community overlay back in beginning. Not sure if it works well now. but i agree, that was a very stable experience considering it was an alpha+beta.

Man, I've been pushing for pure shadow maps to replace the random stencil shadowed objects, for like 3 months now :(

It just isn't worth the glitches and oddness that the ancient tech of Stencil shadows generate. At least give us the option to force full shadow maps instead so we can remove some overhead from the CPU load...

You mean, in a GUI graphics option ? That would be very convenient

Wow, that orange has to go. It's ugly and distracting and matches nothing ArmA 3 related. :(

Just goes to prove... you can take the developer out of Holland, but you can't take the Holland out of the developer.

I'm not digging the orange either. Now, I know the stages (Alpha, Beta, Final) are color coded, but this doesn't match the rest of the GUI art design at all. Something more equal to the previous color scheme would fit I think.

If that's not an option, it would be great to have an alternative 'editor' layout which is less vibrant and closer to the previous colors.

Just goes to prove... you can take the developer out of Holland, but you can't take the Holland out of the developer.

Ha ha, and so the Dutch conspiracy begins. Leuk :biggrin_o:

Edited by colossus

+1 i belive that orange is a lil very ugly, i thougt you choosed black, considerting the badges in the arma 3 official website footer, where alpha (green), beta (blue), release (black), bump

Am I the only one liking the orange color?

Some Dev must have liked it to put it in, so no, there's two of you now. :) heh

It's probably subliminal advertising for Take on Mars I bet! :)