Would it be possible to check the mods you want to enable/disable in the expansions menu before you click enable/disable - That would be make it quicker to switch between mods if you have a long list.

Edited by Zorg_DK

Just for the pure interest, would supercells like this be possible with the new clouds? Not as per default, but from the engine side?

Great, finally the sound of the thunder but imo it should be louder. Much much louder and the crank noise when the lightning strikes close seems to stop too soon.

Edited by Byku

guys come on its better than no rain at all give it time

Not arguing that at all. But I think BI has to go past release before they have time to fix the rain. So no need to set themselves up for critique of how the game is out of the box (as we must practicallly be playing the release by now)

Shhhhh..... they know. Most of the people have been begging to get rain back even if it isn't up to par with the rest of the game in terms of quality. They had disabled it months ago and never really worked on it. Why, I guess to prevent a ton of people complaining about it just like you, but we all realized we'd rather have SOMETHING than nothing. So please, be quiet lol

Perhaps BIS is aware of the fact that the rain looks terrible, but I didn't see anyone post that the rain absolute vanishes when using NV goggles (I did see someone say it's less apparent, but those were not my findings), nor did I see anything in regards to the interior rain looking like a distant sheet of cascading water rather than encompassing the player. These are things I felt the devs should know as they could very well be useful to them in discovering the cause. I don't appreciate you trying to quash my voice just because you're content. I, too, paid for this game, and, as someone testing the development branch, I have every right to voice my concerns and criticisms of said development.

---------- Post added at 12:17 ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 ----------

1) The rain is clearly just a 2D square around the player, you can tell that it isn't falling the distance (there should be a fog effect with a noise texture overlayed automatically when rain falls)

This is exactly what I was trying to point out, but was unable to do so in a clear enough manner as it was quite late when I posted. LOL. What I noticed was that, once inside, the 2D square seemed to move away from the player, but kept a fixed distance that moved along with me. It actually made me think of how it looks when placing an object in the 3D editor, which I figured could be helpful to the devs as it could just be a matter of changing the way the rain effect adheres to the player.

The full screen NVG bug is still present and lots of issues with rain. Sometimes you can hear raining sounds but there is no visual rain. Also, no rain is visible while driving + the issues with buildings.

ADDED: Field manual now correctly describes ways to steal UAVs

WHAT?! where where where?! did anyone find the entry?

The full screen NVG bug is still present and lots of issues with rain. Sometimes you can hear raining sounds but there is no visual rain. Also, no rain is visible while driving + the issues with buildings.

Yeah, it's just like the old A2 rain.

You can turn rain, wind, lighting and clouds to maximum and it still will only look and hear like a light summer rain... it just doesn't feel right in any way :(

You can turn rain, wind, lighting and clouds to maximum and it still will only look and hear like a light summer rain... it just doesn't feel right in any way :(

Adding 20-40% fog improves it greatly. But yeah, it sucks that rain isn't affected by wind. I hope the new implementation doesn't take too long. (Though according to RiE, his suggestion "scared the programmers".)

Why is everyone talking about rain? What about the US flags on the NATO uniforms?

Because that is, compared to rain, simple to fix.

Why is everyone talking about rain? What about the US flags on the NATO uniforms?

I agree that the NATO patches should offer a random selection of NATO member flags, but, seeing as how uniform mods are so numerous, that'll be sorted right quick by the community, anyway. As for the rain...well...that could take awhile.

I agree that the NATO patches should offer a random selection of NATO member flags, but, seeing as how uniform mods are so numerous, that'll be sorted right quick by the community, anyway. As for the rain...well...that could take awhile.

If you didn't know, the flags are part of the model or something (I don't get it, either) and they can't be removed with new textures.

Though according to RiE, his suggestion "scared the programmers".

Ehhhhh. What kind of a programmer is scared of a little challenge. ;)

But yeah, in regards to rain. It's been changed as it's no longer "just" a scrolling screen overlay, but instead seems to be a adjusting (multiple?) billboard-type of an effect. But unfortunately in it's current state, it's neither better or worse.

I'm sure they can come up with a much more decent solution. I just ran across this, it's a decent multi-page read in regards to the rain topic if you have the time for it. Might provide some ideas.

Edited by Sniperwolf572

The flags are standard part of the texture, there is nothing special about changing them via any skin in any mod. You may use hiddenSelectionsTextures and hiddenSelectionsMaterials the same way as you are used to :icon_twisted:

Oh man! Really? Well that's quite the letdown. I'm an American and even I'm tired of every war game being US-centric. :(

---------- Post added at 13:33 ---------- Previous post was at 13:33 ----------

The flags are standard part of the texture, there is nothing special about changing them via any skin in any mod. You may use hiddenSelectionsTextures and hiddenSelectionsMaterials the same way as you are used to :icon_twisted:

Oh, that's better :)

hiddenSelectionsMaterials/setobjectmaterials stops wound textures from working - it's only really useful on models that don't exhibit wound/damage textures, such as weapon

I'm not sure I'm the only one, but I would really love to see km/h and meters changed into knots and feet exclusively when flying vehicles (so keep km/h and meters for all ground operations). Pretty much every NATO nation uses knots and feet as meauseres, the international civilian flights use it, and I just can't get a good feedback on my speed and height if I read km/h and meters. It's like my head needs to take a couple of seconds to convert the measuere to say "oh shit I'm too fast" or "damn I'm too low".

I guess it's the hours passed on Falcon4, DCS-A10, Fligth Simulator, Apache vs Havoc and so on.

I understand it's not an important feautere, so could someone (maybe a Dev :D) just point to me the .pbo (if it exists) where I could try and change the values?

Yay!

I really hate that the people always say: Oh that's something the community can sort out with mods. because on the majority of public servers you will see no mods, as it would decrease the playerbase too much... I think it's just wrong that all NATO soldiers in the game have godamn US flags on their uniform, I don't like the US Army to say it gently and I do not want to play any stupid US soldier, it just sucks! But I am tired of always going opfor or independent just to kill these US soldiers.

i hope that the turnrate in the hummingbird will be faster at final release. its really to slow now, was better a few dev patches before.

and that the weapon keeps the firing mode. everytime you get in vehicle with full auto, you get out the vehicle with single fire, that

is really painfull if you have enemies nearby und you think you are on full auto.