In the spirit of the recent changelogs and to get more attention:

Please tell the CSAT driving instructors to not interfere with me while I drive in the BTR-K Kamysh, they are always steering left and right, seems like they are trolling me. [no ticket yet?]

Also convince the technicians of all factions (during a peaceful round table discussion for example) to fix FLIR for all vehicles, specifically the automatic contrast adjustment. http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2899

Furthermore, advise the quartermasters of all factions to not duplicate equipment remotely and to not add it to my inventory. Material in wartime might be in short supply sometimes but additional weight just slows me down. http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8937

Last but not least, I wonder what magic hearing aid has been issued to all soldiers in Arma 3 that allows them to hear the placing of explosives and reloading weapons over such great distances. http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8938

Isn't the whole map rendered/processed all the time?

Yes but note the difference when Agia marina is in viewing range and being looked at compared to looking at it far from the coastline.

Read SITREP #000020.
The data lock is in effect since the 15th. It is the stage of development where everything is "locked down" or frozen and mostly bugfixes, stability problems etc that cannot break other content is being worked on.

Thanks guys.

Anyone else notice shadow flicker problem ? Put yourself on the runway as a UAV Operator, go to 3rd person view and move round and your backpack will disappear and flicker, line up a few other AI players and theirs do too, not a major problem just annoying really as it really flickers if you get it right...

"Helicopter gunner will not automatically attack targeted friendly units"

Oh great - I can see the point in this to avoid accidental "clicks" on a friendly as a pilot and the gunner automatically firing on the friendly but we now can't order pilots to shoot at empty vehicles too? This is seriously annoying me...It was bad enough when you couldn't do this when commanding land vehicle gunners but now it's broken for pilots too? We have a a key to "target next empty vehicle which no longer works and rather than being able to control what the gunner shoots at when commanded we've got the "magic tab" key!! Like many others I hate the "magic tab key" and only use click to select a target for the gunner. Can anyone actually get the helicopter to fire on a "friendly?" Even if you stop the automatic firing on a friendly it doesn't seem to allow even a command to fire?

So rather than fix the reported and acknowledged bug - "Still can't get AI from land vehicle to fire on targeted empty vehicle"

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11945 -

We get this which makes it worse in my opinion;-(

MX iron sights zero not adjustable when taken from ammobox still not work for me

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=12590

Seriously p**sed off

End of Rant

Edited by petek

"Helicopter gunner will not automatically attack targeted friendly units"

Oh great - I can see the point in this to avoid accidental "clicks" on a friendly as a pilot and the gunner automatically firing on the friendly but we now can't order pilots to shoot at empty vehicles too? This is seriously annoying me...It was bad enough when you couldn't do this when commanding land vehicle gunners but now it's broken for pilots too? We have a a key to "target next empty vehicle which no longer works and rather than being able to control what the gunner shoots at when commanded we've got the "magic tab" key!! Like many others I hate the "magic tab key" and only use click to select a target for the gunner. Can anyone actually get the helicopter to fire on a "friendly?" Even if you stop the automatic firing on a friendly it doesn't seem to allow even a command to fire?

So rather than fix the reported and acknowledged bug - "Still can't get AI from land vehicle to fire on targeted empty vehicle"

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11945 -

We get this which makes it worse in my opinion;-(

MX iron sights zero not adjustable when taken from ammobox still not work for me

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=12590

Seriously p**sed off

End of Rant

Why don't you just use manual fire?

I agree with the DR

---------- Post added at 13:47 ---------- Previous post was at 13:44 ----------

so after release other than the campaign, jets

will the team be working on additional features etc?

such as AI related and optimization for MP?

Dr. Hladik - Thanks for the reply - good to know you guys check in...

Defeats the object somewhat of "ordering" your gunner to engage (there's no manual fire option in the land/sea vehicles so empty vehicles cannot be fired on (see note that we have a key assignment to allow that so assume it is supposed to be a working game feature - and worked fine earlier in the Alpha).

I really hope this gets fixed and (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11945 ) We went from Arma1 where you could right-click command a gunner to target anything that could be identified (buildings, empty vehicles, all units) to the sad state of affairs that is the aforementioned "magic tab targeting." I only realised how appalling that was when I accidentally hit "tab" and my marshall gunner fired on a vehicle 1km to the rear that he couldn't possibly have seen. I've always used the shift-click to issue specific targets to the gunner so hadn't encountered this shocker before!

Please help! ..... or failing that please tell me how to edit configs for vehicles so I can add manual fire to them all as suggested.

Again thanks for replying Dr. Hladik - I know you guys are insanely busy but this really is driving me nuts!

Dr. Hladik - Thanks for the reply - good to know you guys check in...

I only realised how appalling that was when I accidentally hit "tab" and my marshall gunner fired on a vehicle 1km to the rear that he couldn't possibly have seen. I've always used the shift-click to issue specific targets to the gunner so hadn't encountered this shocker before!

in my opinion... the tab-lock should be banned... this really sucks and makes it toooooo easy to kill somebody...

edit: should be scriptable

I agree about the tab-lock (but think we're stuck with it - think it was discussed elsewhere a while back.) tab-shoot, tab-shoot rinse and repeat.... where's the fun/challenge!

I just really don't understand why "Helicopter gunner will not automatically attack targeted friendly units" would be viewed as an improvement. If you're giving an order to fire identify your target first. Friendly fire happens unfortunately IRL too.

I agree about the tab-lock (but think we're stuck with it - think it was discussed elsewhere a while back.) tab-shoot, tab-shoot rinse and repeat.... where's the fun/challenge!

I just really don't understand why "Helicopter gunner will not automatically attack targeted friendly units" would be viewed as an improvement. If you're giving an order to fire identify your target first. Friendly fire happens unfortunately IRL too.

Because more often than not I'd zoom in on a unit to check if it was friendly or enemy and the last thing I want is my gunner to engage it, just at the same split second that I find it a friendly...

Is anyone else having an issue when in the ammo box that the slider wont stay in one place, it always goes back to the top with every selection of an item that you make?

Because more often than not I'd zoom in on a unit to check if it was friendly or enemy and the last thing I want is my gunner to engage it, just at the same split second that I find it a friendly...

I assumed that was why they split out the zoom and lock keys a while back? I just hope this gets fixed - even if it's to the extent you have to give the target command and then order the gunner to fire.

cheers

that's the reason... had it 1000 times =/ and it's good the way it is

Hey! You can copy/paste a classname from the top of the Edit Unit box. Is that new? Coz it rocks! :)

Taking away the "tab" key for targeting isn't the best idea. It's not "magic". In fact, I hate when people say it is. It needs to be in game, and in fact it should work better. I am so tired of seeing things I want to have my gunner or squad shoot at, but the game has decided that I can't see it. I'm constantly in a tank trying to get my gunners to fire at things but they won't cause the game says I can't see it. So I can't target it. Hell, I've been 60 meters from another tank but a small obstacle is in front of it and I can't lock it because the game thinks the obstacle is blocking it. That tank can't shoot me either even with is gun pointed in my direction, above that small obstacle. Or trees block some of the target or it's a little foggy so the game won't let me target the tank out in the open 100 meters away in some fog.

So that key is necessary so that I can "tab" and see if the game even knows my target is there. And for an Arma 3 reference, put some Striders in camp Maxwell and take the Kajman to kill them. "Tab" won't find them. I have to keep pushing the "zoom" button to try to get the Kajman to lock with a missle. My gunner doesn't see them through the trees, so the Striders don't exist.

And I hope the Dr was only referring to targeting friendly targets with an answer like that and not empty targets as was most of the complaint.

Is anyone else having an issue when in the ammo box that the slider wont stay in one place, it always goes back to the top with every selection of an item that you make?

Me too mate. In editor/mp or on dead bodies. Makes tooling up a real long winded affair.

Yes, I'm seeing this too. Happens in editor, preview and on a server. If the ammobox has enough different items so that you have to scroll down to get the lower ones, it snap scrolls back to the top when you drag or right click one of the bottom items.

Hey! You can copy/paste a classname from the top of the Edit Unit box. Is that new? Coz it rocks! :)

oh cool... never realised...

Anyone else experiencing increased Z-fighting in latest dev-build?

Minor things that I reflected on lately, may be nit-picking but mention them anyway....

Why is compass direction labeld AZT (azimuth?) in the rangefinder, shouldn't it be DIR?

Why is all equipment, uniforms etc. all brand new and shiny? It would feel a bit more convinsing if there was some dirt, dust, wear and tear/weathering added to the textures...

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Okay so the tab might not be magic but I think the issue therefore is the game engine identifying a target correctly? "Shift-clicking" on a target and hitting "tab" should yield the same results - just that "tab" will cycle through the available targets?

It's still obviously broken regarding the "target next empty vehicle" ctrl-tab combo not working.

cheers

It's been pretty quiet on Multiplayer Save & Load feature. Will that be coming back in Full release? It's hard to have fun in long co-op missions if one of my buddies suddenly die at near end or middle.

Do you guys can make mission with different moon phases? I can only get the full moon. :\

EDIT: Nevermind, my fault.

What kind of crash frequency are people getting at this stage of development?

I still have regular crashes, unfortunately.

TeamSwitch doesn't work anymore, tested on Briefing Map. Rev.09344