Looking forward to Altis!....... but.....

MX iron sights zero not adjustable when taken from ammobox still not work for me

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=12590

Still can't get AI from land vehicle to fire on targeted empty vehicle

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11945

I know I keep posting this but both need fixing before datalock and I believe the devs check this thread? Pretty please? Ta

I know I keep posting this but both need fixing before datalock and I believe the devs check this thread? Pretty please? Ta

Data lock is already in place im afraid my friend

Fixed: Right clicking magazine forces a reload animation

Fixed: Right clicking on a loaded magazine would move magazine from an owner’s weapon to the ground

Those were some very annoying pet peeves i had. Thank you so much for these fixes!

Cheers tyl3r99 - that's why I've been posting.... ah well...

Just annoying - Still can't get AI from land vehicle to fire on targeted empty vehicle

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11945 was assigned 3 weeks ago and the mx bug is going to affect anyone swopping a weapon in the existing showcases when thy roll out in v1.0 (that's how I spotted it)

im sure once release it will be all hands on deck with lots of fun patches and fixes as they do not have to worry about a release dead line no more. less stress for the devs

You really want to tell an ACE core and BI A3 developer (zGuba is both) how all those things are working? Do you? :j:

Yeah, I really do, since the ACE devs who actually worked on the ArmA system gave me accurate information in greater detail, and I've run through all the configs and looked at the mod processing its penetrations scripts with de-bug PBOs when I was writing tickets to improve the system...

Although I'll admit I am flummoxed by his post.

Personally I have a feeling Altis will be my new favourite (actually Takistan was previously but that's probably just because I'm a BAF nut :D)

Poor Stratis, no one will play it anymore.

Poor Stratis, no one will play it anymore.

Well..i m sure i saw somewhere in Feedback Tracker a ticket related to "Unify Altis and Stratis as 1 map"..which is something i would like

unless stratis gets added into altis map.... i aint clicking that damn name again!

its been too long lol

The data lock is in effect since the 15th. It is the stage of development where everything is "locked down" or frozen and mostly bugfixes, stability problems etc that cannot break other content is being worked on.

Well..i m sure i saw somewhere in Feedback Tracker a ticket related to "Unify Altis and Stratis as 1 map"..which is something i would like

Yeah, but that wouldn't make since geographically since Limnos and Agios Efstratios are pretty far apart (too far a distance for an Arma map unfortunately). But, as long as they change the geography of Altis and Stratis, then it'd work. If they want the islands to remain as far apart as their real-world counterparts, then it won't happen.

Yeah, but that wouldn't make since geographically since Limnos and Agios Efstratios are pretty far apart (too far a distance for an Arma map unfortunately). But, as long as they change the geography of Altis and Stratis, then it'd work. If they want the islands to remain as far apart as their real-world counterparts, then it won't happen.

IRL Stratis and Altis are about twice their in-game size and they're 30km apart. Since BI has already decreased the size, maybe they could also decrease the distance to ~15-20km.

Don't know if this has been reported yet, but playing around in the editor earlier today, I accidently dropped a Panther from an altitude of 5000m and was quite shocked to see that it didn't take any damage at all when hitting the ground ( nor were any of the people inside it harmed ). Same thing happens with the Kamysh. Not that it would ever be relevant in any mission at all, but something can't be right with the tank's armor then, can it?

Actually it is possible to make them even more far apart than they are in real life! Even doubling the distance is possible but the only issue you face is the time it takes detail the terrain including underwater.

Same thing happens if you plummet down in a helicopter. You can just barely pull up to level but still hit the water. The bird will be fine, but the pilot will take blackout effects till he gets out. Kind of a non-issue though, since the 5000m up isn't really "normal gameplay". heh

Same thing happens if you plummet down in a helicopter. You can just barely pull up to level but still hit the water. The bird will be fine, but the pilot will take blackout effects till he gets out. Kind of a non-issue though, since the 5000m up isn't really "normal gameplay". heh

I wouldn't say it is a non-issue though, as the tanks don't take damage from any height. There may be places on Altis where it is possible to tumble into some kind of canyon and still remain unharmed.

I beg to differ, helicopters and water right now are like GTA Vice City helicopters and water. http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8468 Magical death and unrealistic water interaction for aircraft makes gameplay involving water problematic.

It would be a non issue since there's no way for a tank to get to 5000m in the air without someone being silly.

Now, if it's an issue that tanks can drive off a cliff and not take damage sure, but if that's the issue frame it as such "tanks don't take damage when falling into water" not "i dropped a tank from orbit and it lived". :)

Editor, put down a Marshall with you as the driver, put this in the init:

this setPosATL [5850.68,4121.04,2.70204];
this setDir 153;

Hold down E as you drive off the cliff to the right of the large bolder. Enjoy. There's your proof that they don't take damage during normal gameplay. Not that 5000m drops don't hurt. :)

Actually it is possible to make them even more far apart than they are in real life! Even doubling the distance is possible but the only issue you face is the time it takes detail the terrain including underwater.

Pretty sure it'd have performance issues if the actual map was that big to include both islands.

It would be a non issue since there's no way for a tank to get to 5000m in the air without someone being silly.

Now, if it's an issue that tanks can drive off a cliff and not take damage sure, but if that's the issue frame it as such "tanks don't take damage when falling into water" not "i dropped a tank from orbit and it lived". :)

Editor, put down a Marshall with you as the driver, put this in the init:

this setPosATL [5850.68,4121.04,2.70204];
this setDir 153;

Hold down E as you drive off the cliff to the right of the large bolder. Enjoy. There's your proof that they don't take damage during normal gameplay. Not that 5000m drops don't hurt. :)

5000m was just a very extreme example to prove that they don't take any damage at all and are not just very resilient. It shows that they don't have a damage model for dropping from any height (and that drops don't affect people in vehicles), normal gameplay or not. The Marshall does take damage from considerable height though. As do all other vehicles except the Panther and Kamysh. Your example cliff is not very impressive for such a demonstration ;)

edit:

by the way, i was not merely talking about "they don't take damage in water" since they also don't take damage if they hit any other surface, which is really weird...

Edited by novemberist

Pretty sure it'd have performance issues if the actual map was that big to include both islands.

If they are far enough a way you would only have to render the one area, think view distance.

If they are far enough a way you would only have to render the one area, think view distance.

Isn't the whole map rendered/processed all the time?