Spotted this in the latest changelog:

Could this be a sign that bullte/wind interaction might make it into Arma 3? I'm going to cuddle a few devs if that makes it in :)

Possibly related to wind effecting helicopters and synching it server wide now as well, hopefully it will bring smoke and possibly bullet interaction into the equation too.

Maybe to do with synching weather and clouds direction also.

Sadly, that ugly change is not a bug. BI stated here that they did it. Hopefully, BI will correct this mistake soon.

I reported this as a bug before the spotrep - http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=9880

Why for the love of god would they do something like this. You could just pack the NV onto Vest or Backpack to not have it on your head.

Those two jpg files. Steps to reproduce: Get into layout options -> moved everything neatly :P to the edges of the screen(so there was no space between the icons and the edges of the screen), restart arma, get into editor put a soldier:)..

Thanks for feedback, will be fixed tomorrow ;)

Why for the love of god would they do something like this. You could just pack the NV onto Vest or Backpack to not have it on your head.

Yeah, seriously...

Just let players put it in their backpacks if they don't like the look of it.

Yeah, seriously...

make a ticket :) I also agree

COME OOOOOOOOON BIS, nvg's were perfect in alpha, they were mounted by default and had animations, please revert it, in the past if you didnt want the nvg on the head or just didnt like the look (which sounds kinda stupid) you could unmount it, please just make it like it's been before

seriously, you guys have serious issues to address, why breaking the fun and realism instead?

Yeah, seriously...

What's even sillier is that you end up wearing the NVG mount/head strap for nothing. Without a helmet or with a cap/boonie it looks ridiculous. I see more logic in wearing the entire apparatus if the thing is in the NV slot, than wearing only the mount if it's in the slot.

Another vote for restoring it to what it used to be before this "fix". The "raise/lower" looks neat, and the only way that can ever be improved visually is by changing it so it isn't instant but instead animated. Adding a visual rotational animation for the binocular part, including a hand gesture to it and delaying the "NVG is on" effect slightly to go along with that.

Headband with unfastened NVG does not contradict reality.

but having it chosen and not having it on my head does contradict reality, i chose to wear NVG and i don't see it on my head, i want it back

All elements aligning to the script error box area, script error screens below. (I'd post this on the tracker but my AV blocks it since that breach a while back.)

XV8w.th.jpg

F8BIl.th.jpg

Also would be nice if we could have the stance indicator separate from the weapon info in the layout editor.

I guess they removed the NVGs because of the AI. Contrary to you the AI can´t move the NVG to the backpack in daytime wich means that you are constantly fighting guys weearing heavy headsets during daytime. And that looks ridiculous. So I guess they made a step in the right direction and now they need to make another one and reenable the "NVGs on head" for players only.

Regarding the wind synching. Did you guys notice that Parachutes are affected by wind? I guess that is why they need synching^^

And hopefully they will add bullets affected by wind as well...

@Devs Is someone looking into the 5.1 and 7.1 issues? I really can´t play like this...

Spotted this in the latest changelog:

Could this be a sign that bullte/wind interaction might make it into Arma 3? I'm going to cuddle a few devs if that makes it in :)

Good spotting and it would be awesome if it did!

/KC

Yeah, put NVG back on. Then ride on the passenger seat of one APC.

Not sure if it happened in this or a few dev releases before but the performance seems to be improved for me at the same settings and drivers.

Before in the same place overviewing Agia Marina I had 27-28 fps, now I get 30-31. Not bad if you'll consider that this is effectively a 10% improvement.

Yeah, put NVG back on. Then ride on the passenger seat of one APC.

Put a backpack on and get on an ATV.

I guess they removed the NVGs because of the AI. Contrary to you the AI can´t move the NVG to the backpack in daytime wich means that you are constantly fighting guys weearing heavy headsets during daytime. And that looks ridiculous. So I guess they made a step in the right direction and now they need to make another one and reenable the "NVGs on head" for players only.[/quote[]

Well, the obvious solution for that would be to teach the AI to move NVG's to their backpack, or just leave them where they are

Regarding the wind synching. Did you guys notice that Parachutes are affected by wind? I guess that is why they need synching^^.

Not really. The parachute is a vehicle, and vehicles are always on the driver's client. That means the client's wind settings are used and the position of the chute will be consistent on all clients, regardless of wind.

well, the game feels smoother then before, also i can play with more higher video settings then before. So deffenitly an improvement!

Imagine 3D NVG's like our scopes now! One can dream...

Off topic but...

I was told way back in the day that there were turtles, anybody see any turtles?

I was told way back in the day that there were turtles, anybody see any turtles?

You must go deeper :wink_o:

Does anybody else have an issue with SLI where PIP skips every second frame?

Not sure if it happened in this or a few dev releases before but the performance seems to be improved for me at the same settings and drivers.

Before in the same place overviewing Agia Marina I had 27-28 fps, now I get 30-31. Not bad if you'll consider that this is effectively a 10% improvement.

Nope, the performance is worse since the Beta. It could be because of the new forced fatigue blur, but it's worse.

Is it just me, or is the skill of 'spawned' AI a lot higher than what it's set as within the config. Spawned Enemy AI will have close to 90% accuracy, whereas enemy that is placed manually within the editor will have a noticeably lower accuracy and possibly skill level. I've noticed this when spawning enemies via a script of any sort, including the use of the 'site' modules within the editor.

Imagine 3D NVG's like our scopes now! One can dream...

Off topic but...

damn i want it!!!