Is it only me, or when you die even in showcasese there is no way to exit the game besides ALT+TAB and then closing the process?

Yay!

Anyone figured out what "Animal Sites enabled" means yet? I was hoping to see the farms of the north-east and southern mountainsides swarming with goats and sheep and was a bit disappointed to see a lack of them.

On a related note, I hope they get minor AI that makes them run from loud noises or people getting too near; it would actually be one of those small details that could let you spot infiltrating foes from a distance in PvP.

"Two, did those sheep all run from that eastern treeline on our 70?"

"I think they did.."

"Dogs are all barking to the town on our 300 as well! Mount up!"

I imagine it would make the stealthier enemy elements try to avoid the ambient animals if they could help it and generally (to spam the word used for any feature on the forums) would add to realism/immersion a fair bit. As a side-effect, I guess goat-murder would be at an all-time high across the Aegean Sea, but it's a price I'm willing to pay for coolness.

Is it only me, or when you die even in showcasese there is no way to exit the game besides ALT+TAB and then closing the process?

Yay!

Happens to me as well, even in the editor.

I die and what looks like a timer pops up at the bottom of the screen, with no exit or restart menu.

I guess I'll be reverting back to the stable branch for today, lol.

What happened to the animations of soldiers in cargo of vehicles?They lost their weapons and some of them look like they are too layed back for being ready to enter a combat zone.I liked the animation where they have the weapon in their hands and sit upright better.This new look throws me everytime.

What happened to the animations of soldiers in cargo of vehicles?They lost their weapons and some of them look like they are too layed back for being ready to enter a combat zone.I liked the animation where they have the weapon in their hands and sit upright better.This new look throws me everytime.

I found the weapons - you can guess where :D

http://i.imgur.com/eCizYH7.jpg

Sun now rising above the overcast layer rather than the horizon, looks a bit odd. This only happens if the overcast value is 40.1 or greater. Also at 0 overcast the sun still wont reach the horizon line i.e. the water. (sidenote, the setovercast command is not working as intended)

(I can't access bug tracker cuz AV blocks it after the breach a while back).

iacp.jpg

im sure some of today's bugs will be sorted tomorrow :)

I die and what looks like a timer pops up at the bottom of the screen, with no exit or restart menu.

I get this too.

i dont have to do this, when i die its fine? running any mods?

Seriously, is not being able to transition to a handgun while moving supposed to be a feature? I have trouble understanding why we can't just do it...we can reload and aim while moving.

I remember seeing something about it being difficult/impossible to do because of how the animations are done, in two parts or something? and that the legs and arms can't be synced up to do that animation properly or something. Why are animations even done that way in the first place?

I'm only using the Dfs 3rdPerson view mod, I'll disable it and see if that's the culprit.

Seriously, is not being able to transition to a handgun while moving supposed to be a feature? I have trouble understanding why we can't just do it...we can reload and aim while moving.

I remember seeing something about it being difficult/impossible to do because of how the animations are done, in two parts or something? and that the legs and arms can't be synced up to do that animation properly or something. Why are animations even done that way in the first place?

One reason: limitations of using an engine from 2001.

Sun now rising above the overcast layer rather than the horizon, looks a bit odd. This only happens if the overcast value is 40.1 or greater. Also at 0 overcast the sun still wont reach the horizon line i.e. the water. (sidenote, the setovercast command is not working as intended)

(I can't access bug tracker cuz AV blocks it after the breach a while back).

http://img.acianetmedia.com/i/iacp.jpg

This is because of distance fog height. It goes into the sky too much, blocking the sun on the horizon. It also makes things look ugly if you are flying around in a jet and don't have your view distance set to 12km.

Okay, it seems it was a conflict with the VirtualAmmoBox script that was preventing the restart/team switch/exit menu from appearing, all is well now that I've removed it.

I don't want to complain or anything, since I know they are merely there for ambience after all and there are much more important things to work on at the moment, but does anyone else think the ambient animals (especially the dogs) are not really up to Arma3 standard in regards to the visual quality of the models and animations? It's great to have them, but I just think it is really immersion breaking to take a closer look at them, since they don't look like something that is alive, but more like robots or toy animals. (+ they don't have ragdoll)

im sure they will fix that novemberist :)

---------- Post added at 19:34 ---------- Previous post was at 19:33 ----------

Okay, it seems it was a conflict with the VirtualAmmoBox script that was preventing the restart/team switch/exit menu from appearing, all is well now that I've removed it.

V.A.B conflicts with everything its too buggy at the moment, im not using any mods till full release.

Nice call...
I get this too.

Are you two running CBA?

Yay!

This is because of distance fog height. It goes into the sky too much, blocking the sun on the horizon. It also makes things look ugly if you are flying around in a jet and don't have your view distance set to 12km.

Changing draw distance and/or fog has no effect, it's the over cast layer that runs along the horizon upto the point where you see the sun rising in the screenshot I posted, exec 0 setovercast 100 in debug console and you will see what I mean.

Nope, no mods.

Are Animals still classed as Civilians? I hope not as hate to get points deducted for running over that Chicken! Still not as bad as murdering a Halogen light bulb..

One reason: limitations of using an engine from 2001.

Doesn't VBS use the same engine?

Anyone ever wondered ARMA 3 would be like if they started from scratch on HAVOK or Cryengine or any other modern engine?