I thought these were future versions of guns (Based on the guns), not meant to be the guns themselves. So any inaccuracy can be waved off, as we're not comparing the same thing.

Atm, dumping flares is only available is "bursts", is it only me?, is there a way to change is to "single" or "auto" like in OA?

There is a key bind for changing mode of countermeasure bursts so I imagine it's on their list of things to do.

Don't know what the new update did, but I've gained around 10 FPS while looking at Agia Marina from the South on Standard settings. :bounce3:

Edit: BLUFOR Recon Marksman is missing his primary weapon.

Edited by Postal Vending Machine

It's not about weapon model inaccuracy but missing flashlight model attachment, there is only light visible currently, but not where it comes from, it floats in the air and looks weird.

Edited by PurePassion
No need to remove it. the OP was moved here as there was no need for a seperate thread

I hope we get more updates this big every day ;) hehehe

Hope they fixed the respawning bug, I really want to play without closing everything every time i die... :D

Yay!

Same FPS as before. Everytime there is an update some people notice better FPS I wonder why:confused:

Same FPS as before. Everytime there is an update some people notice better FPS I wonder why:confused:

FPS is much easier to observe when you have a FPS counter in the corner all the time ;)

Hmm... i don't know if it was like that on previous dev patch, but now gunner in comanche has pip screen.

I have always Fraps on so I know if FPS are the same or higher. I also have some specific locations that I check out everytime we have an update. Placebo don't work for me but It seems it works for others :)

FPS is much easier to observe when you have a FPS counter in the corner all the time ;)

I made a ticket asking for the options FPS counter to be able to be in game with options to enable/disable etc...

---------- Post added at 12:10 ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 ----------

I have always Fraps on so I know if FPS are the same or higher. I also have some specific locations that I check out everytime we have an update. Placebo don't work for me but It seems it works for others :)

it will work for different people as people have different hardware :)

The Vector/Vermin in arma 3 lacks the ability to mount a flashlight, due to the lack of side rails, but the kriss vector has a flashlight adapter located right above the barrel as demonstrated in the image:

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/news2/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/image164.png

despite the "flashlight area" being modeled in-game, there is no function. the flashlight should be able to be "attached" into this area for use

But think of the balancing! :D

Doesn't look much better overall than Arma 3, if you ask me...

I need to get me a pair of your game-beer goggles then. Holy crap! Did you notice the dynamic shadowing from flashlights and helicopter spotlights? Or the incredibly smooth animations? Or the far superior shaders for things like night vision? I love Arma for what it does, but man this engine is far past it's time. And the key thing that would make Cryengine superior at this point, isn't even graphically speaking. It's performance. Anyone who thinks Arma is special because it "can" have 1000 entities on the battlefield at any one time is a bit jaded towards competing engines because let's face it, even in a 30v30 AI battle your fps on an overclocked i7 (LIKE ME) will drop to below playable. Would Cryengine's AI battle performance drop too? Probably. Would it drop nearly as much? Not sure, no real environment to test it on. But what I DO know is Cryengine has far better LOD and view distance control and settings, allowing for far better performance in massive environments with great visual fidelity. How do I know? I used to develop maps and meshes specifically for Cryengine and no other engine comes close to what that one can allow you to do, nor at the performance level it gets away with. And yeah, Arma 3 in the Cryengine sounds like a dream come true lol.

Back on topic this dev branch update is huge... can't wait to see the changelog.

even in a 30v30 AI battle your fps on an overclocked i7 (LIKE ME) will drop to below playable.

Then your i7 or card are not setup right..;)

To topic, the new (0.71.107.70) dev version, checked the same locations I always do and the fps stayed the same, which is good.

I feel something BIG coming ... 360Mb patch !

Probably just modifications to some of the bigger PBOs.

With an update this size, something has to have changed. The changelog has been "in progress" for 20 minutes now, so I guess it must be huge! ;)

Ghost hawk. When i sit down to gunner - all doors opening or something... more like Ghost house .

Well the vermin and the acp2 are .45's now;-)

Probably just modifications to some of the bigger PBOs.

It's actually 360MB of changed or added data and maybe some overhead due to delta patching method.

please be addition please be addition :)

sneaky BIS ;P