have you tried this already?

and you mean copy the whole game directory?

thanks

yep i do it for shyrim

you need one thats the correct name, and another with a distinct name (as i suggested), when you want to change, you change the correct name to something relevant (so main branch) and rename the dev branch copy to the correct name and restart steam

Can we get a way to toggle Dev branch on/off? It's now 414mb everytime I want to go back and forth. I have a monthly quota for my internet and cant be ripping it up going back and forth with the same large patches.

+1

I much prefer the A2:OA way of doing it.

/KC

Can we get a way to toggle Dev branch on/off? It's now 414mb everytime I want to go back and forth. I have a monthly quota for my internet and cant be ripping it up going back and forth with the same large patches.

I'm pretty sure that's just how Steam works.

You cannot "toggle" it, because there are file differences and those downloads are just changing the affected files between the two branches.

Download a "second copy" via steamcmd. Check the dedicated server on howTo. Use symlinks/junctions and -profiles to avoid duplication.

@GossamerSolid

Yes but as with A2OA it used expansion\beta\expansion\addons to implement additional/changed files, couldn't the dev branch work in a similar way, so that the dev files were contained in a modfolder like @dev?

This might result in having to store two full copies of some files with minor changes in them but might be preferable for some than having to keep downloading files.

Perhaps it might even be possible to contain the changes in separate files, so for example, if air_f.pbo is modified in the dev branch, couldn't @dev contain air_f_2.pbo which would be a relatively small file that contains just the changes and overlays them on the original file?

---------- Post added at 18:04 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

;2428252']Download a "second copy" via steamcmd. Check the dedicated server on howTo. Use symlinks/junctions and -profiles to avoid duplication.

Is this necessary. Couldn't we just copy the existing non-dev branch installation to another location, then allow the original install to update to dev and choose which one to run? Or would steam update the copy to dev when launched as well?

I saw someone post this on the last page but I don't think it was paid attention to. The Recon Marksman no longer has any rifle. Maybe someone can confirm this. I did. I only had cba on, so it's not caused by addon.

Confirmed - looks like that mxm rifle variant was removed by one of the updates.

Filled a report for it.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=10829

Probably happened because of the bunch of deleted config in the last builds.

The rifle is still in, but the specific layout is not (MXM with Eotech sight, apparently.). So this is rather an error of "Has not been introduced yet" rather than "Removed accidentially"?

Anyone else having a no mouse steering in vehicles? Happens for me in stable and latest dev build and it looks like mouse is stuck in freelook mode, ie controlling the view instead of the wheels.

Also tested with a profile/fresh keybinding file but same thing.

/KC

Anyone else having a no mouse steering in vehicles? Happens for me in stable and latest dev build and it looks like mouse is stuck in freelook mode, ie controlling the view instead of the wheels.

Also tested with a profile/fresh keybinding file but same thing.

/KC

There's a option in game settings which enables this. I don't really remember it's name.

"freelook in vehicles"...I think it won't work as expected, you cant switch it back so it has to be removed in options

Thanks for the pointers will check it out!

/KC

I ran some simple "me alone in the editor" tests as a heli pilot and as infantry in Agia Marina and I saw that the CPU load was distributed evenly across my 4 cores (I have a quadcore i7 3770K). If that sticks for more complex scenarios, that it is something of a nice surprise!

Also would like to commend BI for the more intricate video options, and small touches like a fps counter to balance your video choices against fps, the possibility to hide the options to evaluate the scene detail while tweaking and so on.

-OP

a buddy mentioned, upcoming drones? Something about 2 man group, packed in a rucksack?

"freelook in vehicles"...I think it won't work as expected, you cant switch it back so it has to be removed in options

for me i had to turn this setting to the opposite of whatever it had gotten defaulted too. at that point, i had no vehicle freelook by default, my mouse bindings work, and I am able to enable free look with alt+alt as I used to do in alpha.

a buddy mentioned, upcoming drones? Something about 2 man group, packed in a rucksack?

That would be sweet, the dev didn't talk or show much about drones (I saw only two for now), I hope it will be more useful than the one in Arma II.

steam refuses to update, keeps the download in 'suspended' state, whatever i try..

something wrong? or is it just my pc/connection acting up? :)

great changes!

A download is suspended if you load up a Steam game in the meantime, were you doing that?

Why does the Marid crew leave the vehicle? If the weapon station still functions, keep them inside. They just get slaughtered when they get out of there. It's especially obvious if you use grenades (GMG) to destroy the wheels and they just jump out. It's especially cringy if you just have 2 guys with grenadelaunchers which makes the vehicle not very sturdy.

no, but ive just deleted the whole game for now, sadly even installing the game no-longer works.. reinstalling steam right now.. but this isnt related to the update, just steam borking out.. (so glad i upgraded to 100mbit recently)

no, but ive just deleted the whole game for now, sadly even installing the game no-longer works.. reinstalling steam right now.. but this isnt related to the update, just steam borking out.. (so glad i upgraded to 100mbit recently)

You should've tried changing download region first if you didn't do that. Always helps when Steam is messing with me.

also did that, and deleting blobs didnt do anything either :) been on steam since 2004, so i'm used to steam borking out occasionly :)

it's probably because i use the beta steamversion :)

anway this is way offtopic here and steam has finished re-downloading the game, so i'm all set to go again :)

No more loading when switching from the map, feels like we're back in 2001. :D

Today's changelog says that "Basic collimator optics should have the same zeroing", but I'm not really seeing what difference there is considering that the Mk 17 Holosight still is stated to be zeroed to 300 meters while both ACOs (green and red reticles) are stated to be zeroed out to 200 meters, and those are the only three standalone collimators/holographic sights that I'm aware of in this game so far (I'm not counting the top-mounted miniature collimators on the RCO or ARCO, nor the MRCO's "1x" zoom mode).

Edited by Chortles