Quick question:

Does the current Dev Branch have the Tanoa Map and the Apex Assets or is that only in the RC Branch?  I am currently running the Sneak Preview RC Branch, are they now both the same?

Dev branch has everything-and  gets daily updates.

• Like 1

Are you playing with any other mod active?

Nope, getting bird chirp during daylight and crickets during the night, nothing else.

Dev branch has everything-and  gets daily updates.

Thank you sir - I figured as much but was looking for clarification.  Cheers!!!

• Like 1

Just a quick note, in the campaign (mission "Crossing Paths") the "clear out buildings" help message is broken. Could someone confirm? I can upload the screenshot with the error message.

Also, there seems to be something wrong with the order markers. For example, "get support" appears as "fire" and "get in" appears as "stop". There might be more, but I don't know how to set up a reliable test case.

EDIT: More bugs, the mission "Preventive Diplomacy" automatically triggers "Friendly Fire" mission abort on loading a save (seriously, AIII could've done without that thing at all. AII was far more forgiving in that regard and had no bugs related to it).

Sound updates are a significant improvement at my end. Soldiers no longer sound like they're wearing clogs. Walking through the jungle gives very immersive twig breaking and rustling noises. That annoying Australian kookaburra (a jungle audio cliche since Tarzan movies of the 1930s) has been toned right down, as has the deafening seaside noise. Great work devs!

• Like 5

Just a quick note, in the campaign (mission "Crossing Paths") the "clear out buildings" help message is broken. Could someone confirm? I can upload the screenshot with the error message.

Also, there seems to be something wrong with the order markers. For example, "get support" appears as "fire" and "get in" appears as "stop". There might be more, but I don't know how to set up a reliable test case.

EDIT: More bugs, the mission "Preventive Diplomacy" automatically triggers "Friendly Fire" mission abort on loading a save (seriously, AIII could've done without that thing at all. AII was far more forgiving in that regard and had no bugs related to it).

The order markers are kinda wrong since a while already. I've posted this screenshot on the 19th june:

u4x8Sy.png

It says disembark, even though the character had the task to *get in* and not get out.

"Vectoring on" and "Vectoring off" are swapped, on Apex Preview.

In the 3DEN editor, when i change Intel, it defaults to infinite fog and infinite fog forecast on the VR Map (->no visibility whatsoever). Does anybody else have this issue?

Yes, both fog sliders are set to 100 % by default, but the fog seems to be following the draw object distance if I don't open the intel screen.
As soon as I touch any of the fog sliders, it locks up at 100% fog no matter how I set the sliders.

On the other maps I get no fog at all, on the VR map I get the same as you.

You can override it somewhat if you have zeus enabled. Drop down weather module and set fog to zero.

EDIT: Doesn't have anything to do with draw distance after testing more settings.

• Like 1

Could we ever see an attribute setting for Eden that would be Respawn on Start?

Fog is generally broken. After changing it in Eden, you can't even set it by script anymore, saying "0 setfog 0.1" will always result in the same fog that you set in Eden. If you didn't touch the fog settings, it will work as advertised

Edit: It looks as if the Eden settings set the falloff parameter to 1, which results in the rather strange fog settings

Any idea what this is?

ENGINE

• Tweaked: Improved depth priming for distant vegetation

Hm, preparing for something is usually what priming means. Could it be something with distant clutter !?

• Like 1

Yes, both fog sliders are set to 100 % by default, but the fog seems to be following the draw object distance if I don't open the intel screen.

As soon as I touch any of the fog sliders, it locks up at 100% fog no matter how I set the sliders.

On the other maps I get no fog at all, on the VR map I get the same as you.

You can override it somewhat if you have zeus enabled. Drop down weather module and set fog to zero.

EDIT: Doesn't have anything to do with draw distance after testing more settings.

That happens on Altis and Stratis as well.

Zeus doesn't fix it for me.

The fog issue is again caused by a typo in BIS_fnc_initSliderValue

private _value = param [3,false,[0]]; //Default value is bool(should be number), expected type is number

Seems like someone hasn't have much sleep lately ;)

Edit: Ignore, seems that this isn't the cause for the issue

• Like 1

In the 3DEN editor, when i change Intel, it defaults to infinite fog and infinite fog forecast on the VR Map (->no visibility whatsoever). Does anybody else have this issue?

I had this happen when I tried to test something at night.  Once I set it to night it was insta solid fog and I couldn't see anything.

Setting the time back to dusk fixed it for me, but every time I tried to set things later in the evening wall of fog again.

Current DEV branch: AI units often completely ignore command _unit setUnitpos "DOWN" during firefights.

since csat units are implied to be pla units, facial style names should be changed to reflect mainland pinyin spellings

Yueng -> Yuan

Wong -> Wang

Lee -> Li

I haven't checked through the character names themselves yet but same would apply.

• Like 1

Are we going to get more animations for BIS_fnc_ambientAnim/comb?

• Like 1

I would like to see shaking animations for people on/in vehicles, as they are now more rigid than dead guys.

• Like 1

I would like to see shaking animations for people on/in vehicles, as they are now more rigid than dead guys.

Inertia(?) for FPS-view?

What he means is people not sitting stiff on the vehicles. The quadbike is a good example for that- doesn't matter the terrain you drive over, the driver is completely frozen. It does look a tad anticlimactic... No idea how hard it would be to do something against it, though. Maybe twitching the bones a tiny little bit when driving, like what happens when someone gets hit?

• Like 3

What time are the devbranch updates usually released?