What branch is it? I cannot reproduce it.

Sorry for not including it. It was on latest dev build from yesterday. I did not get a chance to test on RC. I will try again later after today's release and open a ticket if needed on either latest apex build or dev branch of either still produce this. Thanks!

I love Apex but I had high hopes for an overhauled engine, DX12 is still necessary, as it is the 64 bits engine. I can only hope for Arma 4 them. At least if the multiplayer could work as nicely as the single player does...

Thought that was only me, post processing abruptly becomes turned off, bushes disappearing, terrain suddenly looks like on lowest settings, fps grinding to a halt and all soldiers sink into the ground in that weird vitruvian man pose, while vest and helmets stay in place.

http://imgur.com/a/5tKCk

Usually happens with lots of shooting going on, usually with large groups engaging each other within a few seconds, or with gunships firing (minigun).

In this scenario this tends to happen most likely(4 out of 8 times), maybe it's terrain/building related?

No mods used.

Cheers

Severe FPS drop! Probably less than 5. Nothing new under the sun.

What other proof do you need besides the screen shots of the Radeon Monitoring the GPU usage?

I believe that you're not trying to BS anyone, but those screenshot don't prove anything since they all show zero usage. Fan speed or gpu clock doesn't tell anything about it.

You got a very teenage way of choosing your forum name then.

:yay:

All your screenshots tell us is that you either don't know how computers work or that your monitoring tool isn't working properly. Probably the latter.

Cheers

I believe that you're not trying to BS anyone, but those screenshot don't prove anything since they all show zero usage. Fan speed or gpu clock doesn't tell anything about it.

The GPU usage in the 1.63.137431 is 522 at Idle (desktop) in-game it's 928. I also I'm getting 95-110 fps online , so yeah that shows usage of the GPU after you start the launcher. My in game FPS are over the top too, but that's what started the problem when I posted the screen shot of it. Everyone started freaking out, cause it shows my FPS double that of the server. So of course all I got then was that's impossible, cause I don't get that, or its of the ground ( which makes no sense ) or join this server ans see what you get. Your lying, it's Photoshop, fake pictures, etc.. 

If your GPU isn't working your game is only using the videocard memory (Arma3), but If your GPU meter shows usage ( ETS2, ATS, GTA V, HITMAN 47) that means the game is using the Graphic Processor Unit on your videocard.

If I'm wrong, then all anyone has to do is post screen shots of their videocard monitoring software showing the GPU, Memory, and Fan Speed. With the Arma3 Launcher running with each version. Not moving, or already showing GPU usage. That's very simple to do, however it's easier for people to just post negative comments without showing their results here or on Steam. One problem people are having with monitoring their card is Nvidia doesn't proved any software. So that is why I can with my ATI Radeon R9 so easy. 

Thanks for at least believing me, bro.  :)

You got a very teenage way of choosing your forum name then.

:yay:

All your screenshots tell us is that you either don't know how computers work or that your monitoring tool isn't working properly. Probably the latter.

Cheers

Wow really? yeah your right I don't know anything and my software is broken too. But hey I'm getting 90 FPS + so I'm happy, unlike some "grumpy old man" like you.  :lol:

The GPU usage in the 1.63.137431 is 522 at Idle (desktop) in-game it's 928. I also I'm getting 95-110 fps online , so yeah that shows usage of the GPU after you start the launcher.

I'm glad you're getting good fps, but like I said, those numbers aren't the level of usage.

My GPU for example runs at full speed of 1050MHz even if the actual usage is only at 10%.

I love Apex but I had high hopes for an overhauled engine, DX12 is still necessary, as it is the 64 bits engine. I can only hope for Arma 4 them. At least if the multiplayer could work as nicely as the single player does...

I am suspecting that a lot of that stuff is left for the Enfusion engine. Personally, I am still hoping for a decent PBR.

• Like 1

Thought that was only me, post processing abruptly becomes turned off, bushes disappearing, terrain suddenly looks like on lowest settings, fps grinding to a halt and all soldiers sink into the ground in that weird vitruvian man pose, while vest and helmets stay in place.

Usually happens with lots of shooting going on, usually with large groups engaging each other within a few seconds, or with gunships firing (minigun).

In this scenario this tends to happen most likely(4 out of 8 times), maybe it's terrain/building related?

No mods used.

Cheers

Yes-this is the exact issue that was plaguing a lot of people just when the visual update came to Dev branch.it was fixed then, but something has made it start again,although it seems to be quite sporadic,which is strange.

two things- Did the fps improve again or did it stay frozen at 5?

Were any mods running at the time?

@danktech

Very interesting investigations. My method to mesure gpu/cpu usage is afterburner/rivatuner/hwinfo64. It gives you an ingame overlay and you can display cpu overall usage and gpu usage. On good servers I have since a couple of months very high gpu-usage on my R9 290 (100%) and my gpu went very hot, comparable to heaven-unigine-bench. But it depends on graphic settings, mp-mode and server hardware.

I see the Apex download has started for people on Stable- 9.4GB. Very glad I am already on dev so I dont have to download that :)

No Dev changelog today?

Also-I just had a look at the Vehicle in Vehicle wiki page and there is a picture at the bottom of something with about 6 different vehicles inside it-looks like a ship.Anyone know what that is? https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Vehicle_in_Vehicle_Transport

I guess it's just a dummy vehicle created for illustration purposes.

• Like 3

I guess it's just a dummy vehicle created for illustration purposes.

Yeah I assumed so too.Still...who knows..

Yeah. Makes me - once again - wonder what happened to that container ship from the main menu video.

I really want that one, even just as a static prop similar to the Trawler.

• Like 1

No bonus content (pdf'ed maps, soundtracks) on dev branch

No bonus content (pdf'ed maps, soundtracks) on dev branch

Well there was no Dev update today that I can see.

Yeah I assumed so too.Still...who knows..

It's what should have been. XD

Archipelago with nothing useful for transportation from dock to dock. But hey, even with the lack of Boats that are actually more useful, i have to congratulate Bohemia Interactive for reaching their final goal of Apex, sort of on time. By sort of i mean moving the release date from the end of June, to July 11th, which by numerical means, is actually in the Third Quarter of this year, so...

I see the Apex download has started for people on Stable- 9.4GB. Very glad I am already on dev so I dont have to download that :)

No Dev changelog today?

Also-I just had a look at the Vehicle in Vehicle wiki page and there is a picture at the bottom of something with about 6 different vehicles inside it-looks like a ship.Anyone know what that is? https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Vehicle_in_Vehicle_Transport

But we had to download that size once it hit dev branch mate :D ;)

Why did I put in the editor rising red target with a spacing of 100 m., (1.60) The farthest seen at 900 m., Now only 700 m.?

Yes-this is the exact issue that was plaguing a lot of people just when the visual update came to Dev branch.it was fixed then, but something has made it start again,although it seems to be quite sporadic,which is strange.

two things- Did the fps improve again or did it stay frozen at 5?

Were any mods running at the time?

FPS improved once the shooting stopped.

No mods running, no scripts in the background, simply editor placed units fighting each other.

I tried to reproduce it with running a few demanding scripts during the encounter (e.g. "onEachFrame {{nearestTerrainObjects [getPosATL _x, [],50]} foreach allUnits}") but couldn't force it to happen.

Cheers

But we had to download that size once it hit dev branch mate :D ;)

Yes, but not all in one go-it was spread over a couple of updates :)

Yes, but not all in one go-it was spread over a couple of updates :)

Indeed, I saved time by downloading dev branch, repeatedly at 6GB+ daily, in order to have a slim 700MB download today.  Yay! :)

• Like 1

I am suspecting that a lot of that stuff is left for the Enfusion engine. Personally, I am still hoping for a decent PBR.

Marek stated some time ago that all efforts for DX12 are put into the new engine and if they bear proper results "may" be added to Arma 3 later...

• Like 1