Any idea what this is?

ENGINE
  • Tweaked: Improved depth priming for distant vegetation

It's an attempt to mitigate framerate drops when viewing through zoomed optics at dense vegetation (overdraw e.g.). If you observe new rendering glitches, especially connected to vegetation, please report :)

• Like 9

We really need to decouple frames per second from from server-client, most of the time we are capped to 30 fps or less, which sucks. Also DX12 was indeed necessary, multiGPU support and fewer CPU stress alone would have been a great addition... but money is money and implementing DX12 cost money.

It's an attempt to mitigate framerate drops when viewing through zoomed optics at dense vegetation (overdraw e.g.). If you observe new rendering glitches, especially connected to vegetation, please report :)

• Like 1

So that issue that was occuring several weeks ago seems to have reared it's ugly head.The issue where framerate would suddenly plummet from 60 to 5 and stay there.A lot of people have been reporting it in the last few days and it has happend to me also.Anyone else here?-it seems to be Dev branch mainly.

Its not a bug. Its for sake of performance - if youw ant this tree to stay at high detail LOD, increase detail (object) distance and object quality to Ultra.

So that issue that was occuring several weeks ago seems to have reared it's ugly head.The issue where framerate would suddenly plummet from 60 to 5 and stay there.A lot of people have been reporting it in the last few days and it has happend to me also.Anyone else here?-it seems to be Dev branch mainly.

Not yet on RC branch.

• Like 1

Hi all - still experiencing vehicles exploding randomly, when you enable simulation via script. Can anyone confirm? It's hard to pin it down, as it is not very consistent.

I've had that happen in MP a couple of times, but I've just built a brand new system and I attributed it to problems with that. What are your specs?

I've had that happen in MP a couple of times, but I've just built a brand new system and I attributed it to problems with that. What are your specs?

It's nothing to do with specs.It was a widespread problem affecting hundreds of people a few weeks ago-it was a memory issue often caused by using custom mallocs.

My specs:

GTX980

i54690k@4.2Ghz

16GB HyperX Savage Ram @ 2400Mhz

Z-97k motherboard

250GB Samsung SSD

windows10

• Like 1

Hi all - still experiencing vehicles exploding randomly, when you enable simulation via script. Can anyone confirm? It's hard to pin it down, as it is not very consistent.

Sounds like a feature and not a bug to me! :)

Love the new wind sounds up in the higher grounds through the trees

• Like 1

Did something change with the way enableSimulation works? Look at the screenshot below:

DYa8bZ.png

Left side is from the 3den editor and right side is ingame. One or two days ago (I think), ingame would look exactly as in 3den (with allowDamage false and enableSimulation false). But now it doesn't anymore- actually I can even push the helicopter around as if enableSimulation is *not* false (object still takes no damage, though).

Bug or feature?

• Like 1

Some texture errors thrown up today.

You're probably aware of them already but related to the bridges.

FhxNgvUx.jpg

mJ0ogzTi.jpg

Getting really bad flickering of vegetation on Tanoa with this latest dev update, particularly with the small red and yellow bushes. It's as though the LOD blending is refusing to work.

flick1.jpg

flick2.jpg

flick3.jpg

flick4.jpg

flick5.jpg

Many thanks, it is a big problem for me still with a R9 290 @ 1200mhz. I will test it :)

• Like 1

I don't want to make the impression of being on the edge or something, but is there no dev-branch update today? :>

Huh, normally there is an update if there will be no update. Now I feel betrayed. :>

I don't want to make the impression of being on the edge or something, but is there no dev-branch update today? :>

Today's SitRep:

"Around the time of publishing this report, we're also planning to stage the Apex Playable Content to Dev-Branch, so you may already see it there when reading this."

On the edge now? :P

On the edge now? :P

Im just curious is it just the playable content meaning the campaign or are does that include a variety of things like new combat and hit animations etc, new features..?

Im just curious is it just the playable content meaning the campaign or are does that include a variety of things like new combat and hit animations etc, new features..?

It's campaign and other missions like showcases (maybe) and End Game scenarios

... first of all, damn, working at this hour. Second, I hope they will publish it :D, couse i'm waiting.