Is Arma 3 4K compatible?

Yes. Resolution, hud, 2d editor, ... everything ok except the 3d editor.

Could you be a bit more specific? How is it useless with 4k?

Everything is very small, unreadable. The rest of the game seems ok, including the 2d editor. It happens only with eden.

I know this isn't the 3den section, per se, but since it's in the Dev branch and there's no response over in the 3den editor section, figured I'd ask here...

Any chance the "Text" option will come back to triggers and waypoints?  References here:  https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186403-eden-trigger-and-waypoint-text-option-missing/

I can't link to the feedback tracker since it's offline, but the link is in that thread if/when it comes back up.

In regards to the new sounds which are great, the helicopter sounds seem to have a really low range because before you could hear them over a kilometer away but now it seems like they have to be right on top of you. Which isn't very good nor realistic. Also the gun sounds seem to travel not as far or atleast not to a realistic distance. Because after 1kilometer you can barely hear gun shots, which isn't accurate unless in a forest or town where the objects around you will disrupt and dissipate the sound.

Also I was hoping the walking sounds would be finally corrected but they are still unrealistically loud, I can still hear guys moving around when i'm using a machine gun. If walking you should be almost silent, and even when jogging in the low standing stance you should be quite. Because right now if you want to move silently up to or around someone you have to tap the movement keys, which is just stupid and makes no sense. Sure we might be wearing boots in the game, but wearing boots and moving around doesn't meant you make loud thumping sounds.

In regards to the new sounds which are great, the helicopter sounds seem to have a really low range because before you could hear them over a kilometer away but now it seems like they have to be right on top of you. Which isn't very good nor realistic. Also the gun sounds seem to travel not as far or atleast not to a realistic distance. Because after 1kilometer you can barely hear gun shots, which isn't accurate unless in a forest or town where the objects around you will disrupt and dissipate the sound.

Also I was hoping the walking sounds would be finally corrected but they are still unrealistically loud, I can still hear guys moving around when i'm using a machine gun. If walking you should be almost silent, and even when jogging in the low standing stance you should be quite. Because right now if you want to move silently up to or around someone you have to tap the movement keys, which is just stupid and makes no sense. Sure we might be wearing boots in the game, but wearing boots and moving around doesn't meant you make loud thumping sounds.

According to the step volumes:

My oppinion is, there should be a tactical walking pace too. As long as you just walk normal you will make some noise. But if you tab the tactical pace key, you should walk really slowly without or some noise (or maybe some occasionally noises).

Everything is very small, unreadable. The rest of the game seems ok, including the 2d editor. It happens only with eden.

Yes true. I use 2x DSR and the text is really small in 3den.

I can't believe Hellcat's AI is broken again! WY-55 didn't attack anything. 

WHY, BIS?! WHY AGAIN?!  :cry2:

I can't believe Hellcat's AI is broken again! WY-55 didn't attack anything. 
WHY, BIS?! WHY AGAIN?!  :cry2:

you mean you're using the dev branch which comes with a warning that things might break as BIS works on them and you get frustrated because things break??

as constructive feedback - i also got an ai that was non responsive in yesterday after latest update. just stood there after being killed, wasnt shot at by enemy but was dead. but wasnt near a heli.

you mean you're using the dev branch which comes with a warning that things might break as BIS works on them and you get frustrated because things break??

Exactly. Because the stable version is broken too, my dear  :face_palm:

Exactly. Because the stable version is broken too, my dear  :face_palm:

Well if stable is broken too then it certainly is frustrating. but might be a bit better to post that in bug tracker and not under dev branch. 

Ps - haven't been called my dear by a guy before. but im not homophobic so its all fine.  :pet12: :pet12: :pet12:

• Like 1

Can't see the Taru pods in the editor anywhere. The Huron containers are in there.

Issue was already raised on the Feedback tracker before it went down.

So BIS, you guys mentioned that staging the visual package was vastly more complex, and mentioned that all elements of the package needed to be implemented simultaneously. Does this mean you'll stage the visual changes all out the same time on Dev Branch to prevent major faults to the Engine itself?

Quick question: when will be have the islands sorted alphabeticaly when starting the editor ?

Thx !

You can find your favourite map easier by pressing a key corresponding to its first letter, which moves the focus to the first item beginning with the letter. Not ideal, but might be helpful until a better solution is implemented.
  • Like 2

Maybe I'm just not as savvy when it comes to the arsenal. But is there no way to add a spare optic to backpack? So far I have to take the spare. leave arsenal. put it in pack. Then go back into arsenal and add scope to my gun.

Maybe I'm just not as savvy when it comes to the arsenal. But is there no way to add a spare optic to backpack? So far I have to take the spare. leave arsenal. put it in pack. Then go back into arsenal and add scope to my gun.

that, and also adding ammunition for other weapons is also tedious process, through arsenal.

• Like 2

that, and also adding ammunition for other weapons is also tedious process, through arsenal.

Agreed.  If Eden arsenal could be set to unlock all magazines/items regardless of weapon equipped that would be lovely.

Not sure if the Dev's have time to code these features in Arsenal and that thus introduced to Arsenal in EDen, in light with time likely needed on Apex. But it is a bit of a work around. Build character in Arsenal. Export and paste in Notepad. Then copy line of this additem to backpack with said optic. Just to add a secondary Optic to your bag. It would be great if we can add any magazine or optic or weapon to said backpack from within Arsenal and not have to use Arsenal half way then export and edit said contents in Notepad. Reading your replies above. I am hoping its not a to much of an issue to implement this. But if is we will have to live with it.

Secondly Arsenal in EDen lacks faces. Again why wasn't this brought in with it reflecting real time. When you preview in EDen again. That and voices. I see EDen has it in the Editor but not tied to Arsenal.

• Like 1

Difficulty settings per mission and "game settings" at mission's screen is good ideas, but would be nice to have ability to create multiple custom presets.

Curious to how Dev Branch builds are coming along, Has there been any RC yet for the hot-fix. Curious because several of the changes listed on the dev branch changes thread are things I was hoping would have been hotfixed by now. Especially the strings vs number stuff for respawn delay. Haven't switched to Dev branch because my group has had operations throughout the week. Thanks !!

• Like 1

A hotfix was released yesterday, and while there are still issues being worked, it should be a step forward :)

• Like 1

Especially the strings vs number stuff for respawn delay.

That was fixed apparrently.

Tasks have transitioned to engine nicely (at least as far as SP is concerned).

Just need to be able to reposition the 'Journal' UI element.

Make it available in the layout settings, as it's currently sitting on top of the vehicle info bar.

Is it just me? Just updated dev branch, and when I place a vehicle in Eden, all crew is outside and cannot be moved inside again. Tried completely without addons with the same effect. Can anybody confirm?

• Like 1