I'm pretty sure it just means whether your screen will be blurry or not, not having anything to do with actual water physically filling up the space of the cabin. As of yet this isn't even possible in video games for real time rendering and physics calculations. There really is no water, just a mesh for the surface that looks like the ocean, but beneath it is the same empty "air" as above water. The difference is there's code in place to give the impression that you're submersed. Things like fog, lighting caustics, and the post processing blurring. Take these things away however and you'd have no idea that you're underwater since it's not a physical volume filling up space.

You try swiming under water after taking off your mask as a Diver. Mask on clear, mask off blurry sir.

what settings do you use? i cant max my view distance and look at my spec! :(

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:41 ----------

i have had x3 15.1mb updates in a row someone else please confirm this lol

https://imageshack.us/scaled/large/838/arma32013061223585126.jpg

https://imageshack.us/scaled/large/268/arma32013061223590065.jpg

https://imageshack.us/scaled/large/20/arma32013061223590832.jpg

i'm on windows 8 ent, gtx680 2gb oc'ed, i5-760 4ghz, 1600mhz RAM

As I understand it it is for things like aphibious vehicles. Metalcraze seems to be worried about the SDV which is flooded by design so my guess is that BIS won't remove the effects from that vehicle (it would be stupid if they did so)...

The SDV is flooded by design? Argh, I thought I could use it as a Stand-In for missing diver clothes or as a "non-militarized" civilian sub :(

for the last 4-5 days now i have had a very strange Audio issue that only occurs in the Dev version.. I have reverted to the Stable build and the sound is fine... I have reinstalled the game to see if maybe there was a greater issue.. I still persists..

The best way to describe it, is the audio sounds digitized like 8 bit audio. Helicopters when you start them up have two propeller sounds that overlap and sound horrible. Hunters and Ifrits don't sound like vehicles.. they sound like a old dial up modem trying to connect to the internet..

This only happens in ARMA 3 , and in the DEV version... I know its not my sound card or any PC related issue as my sound is great ANY where else. just not ARMA 3 Dev.

I went ahead and created a ticked because I have not found one directly related:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=9471

Edited by Lordprimate

for the last 4-5 days now i have had a very strange Audio issue that only occurs in the Dev version.. I have reverted to the Stable build and the sound is fine... I have reinstalled the game to see if maybe there was a greater issue.. I still persists..

The best way to describe it, is the audio sounds digitized like 8 bit audio. Helicopters when you start them up have two propeller sounds that overlap and sound horrible. Hunters and Ifrits don't sound like vehicles.. they sound like a old dial up modem trying to connect to the internet..

This only happens in ARMA 3 , and in the DEV version... I know its not my sound card or any PC related issue as my sound is great ANY where else. just not ARMA 3 Dev.

I went ahead and created a ticked because I have not found one directly related:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=9471

is it a headset with doby digital support (like a G35 headset) if so you need to switch doby on and off. this is a common issue i have with several games that have alot of sound inputs that seems to overwhelm the software card

is it a headset with doby digital support (like a G35 headset) if so you need to switch doby on and off. this is a common issue i have with several games that have alot of sound inputs that seems to overwhelm the software card

I was just about to say the same as I have a G35 headset, does need fixing though.

sorry guys i have ruled out all other possibilities it is the dev build.. It doenst happen when i switch to the stable build.. I use that "Switch" trick when i have missing "directional" sounds IE sounds cut out when i look a certain direction. That was the very first thing i did when i heard it. After that I verifyied my game cashe. Then switched to stable.. Then switched back to dev. Then Enabled all my mods, then removed them. And finally removed and Re-installed the game. Went from stable to dev and the problem occurred again. All my drivers are up to date and Every other game and video and sound i hear from Any other media on my PC is crips and clear. Only in Arma 3 Alpha Dev build does this anomaly occur..

Wow, the Dev branch updates look tiny compared what it used to be.

Why is that? Does it mean that most of the reported bugs will be left out for now?

I'm actually quite concerned right now :rolleyes:

Why is that? Does it mean that most of the reported bugs will be left out for now?

No - Its likely because they are busy with E3 and because they are also busy preparing for release of the Beta in coming weeks. Which i believe they had mentioned in one of the previous change logs posted on the forum.

Just changes of exe are in dev branch, there hasn't been any update of data recently. Read SITREP for more details :icon_twisted:

FIX: [MP] Moving non-local uniform from crate to ground does not work correctly

Uniforms aren't the only issue here, boys.

Backpacks can't be grabbed from non-local crates in MP and basically nothing (unless it was fixed) can be grabbed from vehicles in MP. You need to chuck the item on the ground first.

That reminds me, we cannot clear the cargo of vehicles either. I create a vehicle (server side) using createVehicle array. I try to clear the cargo using:

clearMagazineCargoGlobal _spawned;

clearWeaponCargoGlobal _spawned;

clearItemCargoGlobal _spawned;

clearBackpackCargoGlobal _spawned;

and (in a hunter, for example) there are still First Aid Kits.

lol. People will never stop complain, now because the dev changes are so small? :D Seriosly now? :O

small changes now mean we occupied with something way bigger behind curtain

small changes now mean we occupied with something way bigger behind curtain

Curtains! Hurrah!

Are they PhysX?

One little complaint guys, I use a 5.1 Headset (Roccat Kave, true 5.1, not some emulated crap) and I noticed that movement sounds are off balance to the back left speaker. This really freaks me out because it makes me think that there is someone right behind me. Could movement sounds be distributed to all chanels equally? Please?

can someone on laptop confirm that function key+zeroing up key dont work with mortar?

One little complaint guys, I use a 5.1 Headset (Roccat Kave, true 5.1, not some emulated crap) and I noticed that movement sounds are off balance to the back left speaker. This really freaks me out because it makes me think that there is someone right behind me. Could movement sounds be distributed to all chanels equally? Please?

I use Kave's too and I think the walking sound has always been behind the player. I constantly have to look back after hearing footsteps.

What bothers me more is directional sound effect is lost when sources are nearby.

Like vehicle engine or someone firing next to you has no direction, its all around which is wrong.

I use Kave's too and I think the walking sound has always been behind the player. I constantly have to look back after hearing footsteps.

What bothers me more is directional sound effect is lost when sources are nearby.

Like vehicle engine or someone firing next to you has no direction, its all around which is wrong.

Yeah it has always been like that in A3, but not in A2. So I guess they made some Error and I hope they fix it.

Since we now support stereo sounds, it would be splendid to have binaural samples for footsteps and guns in 1st person.

Would love to know if the sound levels of all the varying sounds in Arma3 will be tweaked.I play my game with the effects bar at full as I like loud weapon and explosion sounds but this makes every sound in game super loud and annoying.The wind,bugs,ambient etc are just deafening when you listen at full volume and it should not be that way.By putting ambient sounds lower the soundstage is enhanced as the brain works its distance magic by interpreting the sound level and giving a sense of how far away the sound source stems.The feel of being in a wide open space is absent in Arma games and always has been and I said in past that its like being in an aviary full of birds and insects.Right now the bugs sound like they are in my ear where if they were dropped to 1/8 of what they are now the brain would place them further away.The howling wind is another wide open space immersion breaker,especially with the trees not really moving with what sounds like hurricane force winds.

Also,I do understand though that it needs to be this way since many players find the weapons too loud and if they then lower the effects volume the ambient sounds may go too low to point of not hearing them.Ideal solution is make weapons/explosions with its own vloume setting,ambient sounds have its own volume adjust etc.Will that happen,I doubt it sadly.In other games I could go into my own game and adjust the sound files to my liking but I find Arma series so hard to mod and then the way servers check for modded files its just a no go for me.

Would love to know if the sound levels of all the varying sounds in Arma3 will be tweaked.I play my game with the effects bar at full as I like loud weapon and explosion sounds but this makes every sound in game super loud and annoying.The wind,bugs,ambient etc are just deafening when you listen at full volume and it should not be that way.By putting ambient sounds lower the soundstage is enhanced as the brain works its distance magic by interpreting the sound level and giving a sense of how far away the sound source stems.The feel of being in a wide open space is absent in Arma games and always has been and I said in past that its like being in an aviary full of birds and insects.Right now the bugs sound like they are in my ear where if they were dropped to 1/8 of what they are now the brain would place them further away.The howling wind is another wide open space immersion breaker,especially with the trees not really moving with what sounds like hurricane force winds.

Also,I do understand though that it needs to be this way since many players find the weapons too loud and if they then lower the effects volume the ambient sounds may go too low to point of not hearing them.Ideal solution is make weapons/explosions with its own vloume setting,ambient sounds have its own volume adjust etc.Will that happen,I doubt it sadly.In other games I could go into my own game and adjust the sound files to my liking but I find Arma series so hard to mod and then the way servers check for modded files its just a no go for me.

i also find that months down the line lets say, all servers will have so many mods, addons dependancies... it will be hard to join a server without needing an addon???

is there going to be some sort of help with this?