AI can sometimes land without a tail rotor but they crash most of the time especially with hills and trees around.

Actually, the "proper" way out of a tail rotor spin is not to "rock out", but to hold collective down to slow rotation, and then get some speed. At low altitudes, it's possible in Arma to just get higher, though.

And landing without a tail rotor should be done through autorotation, as it's an "easy way" to land, and it stops the spinning entirely.

Speaking of which, autorotations are broken since version 0.60, any hope to see them fixed soon? :P

Actually, the "proper" way out of a tail rotor spin is not to "rock out", but to hold collective down to slow rotation, and then get some speed. At low altitudes, it's possible in Arma to just get higher, though.

And landing without a tail rotor should be done through autorotation, as it's an "easy way" to land, and it stops the spinning entirely.

Speaking of which, autorotations are broken since version 0.60, any hope to see them fixed soon? :P

I find increasing collective, power in A2 and A3s case, to gain altitude then lowering collective like you say works great with a little bit of forward tilt. The heli will be all over the place to start with but straightens out, the extra altitude comes in handy.

And definitely a rolling or auto-rotation landing.

@nimrod: The AI in that vid I posted would have successfully landed if that other wasn't in the way, it is pretty repeatable on that CZ forces showcase mission. So is that accident as well, can get it to happen a lot.

Like autorotation landings it depends on the terrain available.

Currently the A3 build appears to have transmission failures now instead of rotor or engine failures, with transmission failure you get the seized rotors and you fall like a brick.

anyone here get the issue of standing on the MH cargo seat on the side of the helicopter when "get out" appears???

i cant do a repro at the moment either :/ effin wierd...

OHHHH and again the AI shoot MH pilot 600 METERS away... reallllllly

i wish i had their aimbot.... id kick ass

anyone here get the issue of standing on the MH cargo seat on the side of the helicopter when "get out" appears???

i cant do a repro at the moment either :/ effin wierd...

OHHHH and again the AI shoot MH pilot 600 METERS away... reallllllly

i wish i had their aimbot.... id kick ass

Iv had that problem quite a few times, its like you become the helicopter and can control it. Seems to happen quite often.

Has any one been able to test the new LOD optimizations and what difference they make? Does it improve performance etc? Haven't been able to check myself.............

Has any one been able to test the new LOD optimizations and what difference they make? Does it improve performance etc? Haven't been able to check myself.............

i also wonder what improvements it will have... anyone been able to test yet?

i have CTD's any time i join a server :( can't test it

ATOC is disabled and greyed out with current DEV build and also the stable patch for me. i tried do edit the cfg, where ATOC was "=15", changed it to 7, no luck, still greyed out. anyone has a idea?

Silly question, but you do have Antialiasing set to 2X or higher right....

Silly question, but you do have Antialiasing set to 2X or higher right....

Something like that.

Note, ATOC is linked to AA. If it's disabled, ATOC is automatically disabled. Try altering some of your AA options and check if its state changes, or create a new test profile to see if that re-enabled the feature.

We've been making some redesign of the video options generally - trying to make them more logically/usefully grouped, along with some other useful extra features - so new/undesired functionality could have slipped through before the remainder has been finished.

Best,

RiE

Dev 61.106195

ATOC is there for me...

Overall performance seems to have improved a bit over the last few updates.

OK if there is a section for this please move this post for me. With the some of the latest builds and really bad with this last one (60) my frame rate has hit the tank. it is unplayable. I don't understand what could have been done that requires the framerates to die like they have. My system hasn't changed so it's definitely the build. If this keeps up in this direction ArmA 3 will be unplayable for me and I just upgraded prior to a quad core 3.8 ( i dont wanna hear your "oh my system plays it fine" stories so please save them) to cover the game so what the hell is going on? Stop screwing up the game. I could careless about a new sniper rifle. I want playability back. Am I the only one who has this issue? Jesus This is a completely different running game from when I first tried the Alpha til now. It was beautiful running and with each build has gotten progressively worse. I am starting to feel like I did with my ArmA 2 purchase. Man nothing is more frustrating than buying something you can't play.

Last edited by PurePassion; Today at 13:20. Reason: Moved. Please search before posting. Thanks!

I did nothing came up that met my search wording. apologies again is why I started the post with "please move if a topic fits this".

Edited by njmatrix
Moved. Please search before posting. Thanks!

same performance, sometimes even worse, same popping-out-lod, especially rocks (played showcases as i still can't join any server)

Thanks for the tip! i checked if other options were disabled like AA, pretty sure they were not, but somehow then AA was=)^ working now

I just tested it, absolutely no visible improvement with the LOD flickering

tested while driving a civilian offroad from 046058 to 049062

Sapphire Toxic HD5850 driver 13.4

Arma3Alpha.cfg

language="English";

forcedAdapterId=-1;

detectedAdapterId=0;

detectedAdapterVendorId=4098;

detectedAdapterDeviceId=26777;

detectedAdapterSubSysId=-515893429;

detectedAdapterRevision=0;

detectedAdapterBenchmark=97;

displayMode=0;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winWidth=1024;

winHeight=768;

winDefWidth=1024;

winDefHeight=768;

fullScreenWidth=1920;

fullScreenHeight=1200;

refresh=60;

renderWidth=1920;

renderHeight=1200;

multiSampleCount=4;

multiSampleQuality=0;

postFX=1;

particlesQuality=2;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=3;

HDRPrecision=16;

vsync=1;

AToC=14;

cloudsQuality=5;

pipQuality=1;

dynamicLightsQuality=2;

PPAA=6;

serverLongitude=4;

serverLatitude=52;

First and last bit of Arma3AlphaProfile.cfg

version=2;

blood=1;

singleVoice=0;

anisoFilter=16;

textureQuality=3;

shadowQuality=3;

tripleHead=0;

useExtendetInfoType=0;

[...]

keyCopyVersion[]={486539317};

headBob=0.4625667;

mouseSensitivityX=1.661442;

mouseSensitivityY=1.661442;

floatingZoneArea=0;

sceneComplexity=500000;

shadowZDistance=99.732651;

viewDistance=4061.2073;

preferredObjectViewDistance=3026.6252;

terrainGrid=12.5;

volumeCD=0.93225014;

volumeFX=9;

volumeSpeech=9;

volumeVoN=9;

vonRecThreshold=0.0038146889;

gamma=1;

brightness=1;

fovTop=0.75;

fovLeft=1.2;

uiTopLeftX=0.30416667;

uiTopLeftY=0.26499999;

uiBottomRightX=0.69583333;

uiBottomRightY=0.73500001;

IGUIScale=0.47;

VERY intersting: I get these LOD flicker problems only if PIP is enabled, in all vehicels. Everything is pretty fine if I disable PIP

Edited by Tonci87

The changelog refers to "loading of LODs" which has apparently been sped up by 60% - the way I understand it, this is merely about the speed of loading LODs into memory.

Nothing to do with the actual LOD switching.

i have CTD's any time i join a server :( can't test it

me too, hope this is fixed soon

VERY intersting: I get these LOD flicker problems only if PIP is enabled, in all vehicels. Everything is pretty fine if I disable PIP

GTX660m, same. Turned off PIP and I am yet to see anything flicker at all. Very interesting indeed, and more than a little disapointing :(

The changelog refers to "loading of LODs" which has apparently been sped up by 60% - the way I understand it, this is merely about the speed of loading LODs into memory.

Nothing to do with the actual LOD switching.

Exactly this.

I think people fail to read these changelogs very well.

Or it could be language barrier? I don't know what the exact cause is, but it seems to happen a lot around here.

yeah some ppl like me have this barrier but i actually had smth in the back of my mind telling me it has nothing to do with the switching in-game, but there's another question - why do they bother posting that, to troll people? good to know tho)))))) anyway my performance dropped, not fps-wise, it's the same, but there's some weird inconsistent input lag and inability to join servers

Just to clarify something.

LoD Flickering:

-Objects like rocks/trees/buildings/bushes flicker constantly between higher and lower detail versions

LoD Pop-in:

-Objects change rapidly to a higher quality model as you approach them, but stay at that same LoD

One of these is normal behavior and doesn't need to change, the other is a serious problem. There is a known solution to LoD pop-in, and that is raise your Object Quality to High, Very High or Ultra. But be prepared for a massive drop in performance. The other situation has no solution that we end users can resolve, it's something on Bohemia's end that they have to work out. Standing still not moving your mouse, you should never see objects flicker back and forth between LoDs. They should change, and stay changed until you move far enough backwards for them to drop back to their lower detail model.

so uhm, can anybody actually play the dev build today?