I was lagging badly since the last update, or is it just me?

it's like the fps keep dropping, and stutter and all that. Just asking if its normal.

Hmmm nope was just playing for about an hour and all was well. Of course besides the obvious frame-rate drops from CPU bottlenecking in Agia Marina. It has to be the way the engine calculates geometry on the CPU with just a single core, it completely ruins my otherwise great performance. And that's with a 4.6Ghz overclocked i7 3770k :(

I was lagging badly since the last update, or is it just me?

it's like the fps keep dropping, and stutter and all that. Just asking if its normal.

Check and see if you are having RPT files incrementing in size during play, I posted a temp 'fix' a while back if this is causing your stutters.

Okay, I am still having the issue in which my Stance Indicator appears off the screen. I created a new profile, logged into it, quit, then restarted the game and went back to the original profile and the U/I is still screwed up.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/900998117478230688/6C1471AA4EA7F21E7E5FA1B4C827CFA956E082D7/

If that did not work, you may need to wait until Beta release - which we hope includes a new options section to re-position all IGUI elements to your liking.

Seems to be more of an issue with being unable to even check the gear.

would you open up your backpack/pockets underwater?

the TAKE options work btw, place a ammobox underwater and swim to it, each content of the box has a Take option, same for units that have usable gear on them :)

example:

imho it just works as intended :)

Edited by JoSchaap
example added

Hmmm nope was just playing for about an hour and all was well. Of course besides the obvious frame-rate drops from CPU bottlenecking in Agia Marina. It has to be the way the engine calculates geometry on the CPU with just a single core, it completely ruins my otherwise great performance. And that's with a 4.6Ghz overclocked i7 3770k :(
Check and see if you are having RPT files incrementing in size during play, I posted a temp 'fix' a while back if this is causing your stutters.

Ah everything is fine now, just after I restarted my laptop. (silly me) ;D

would you open up your backpack/pockets underwater?
Changing gear is not the same thing as checking gear, but we've only got one menu for both...

I just need a quick confirmation on this, in Alpha version 0.60, the TRG-21/20/21-EGLM did in fact change from 6.5mm caliber to 5.56mm caliber yes?

I just need a quick confirmation on this, in Alpha version 0.60, the TRG-21/20/21-EGLM did in fact change from 6.5mm caliber to 5.56mm caliber yes?

Yes, posting changelog very soon: "TRG now uses correct 5.56x45mm ammunition"

@DnA : Will the ammobox be adjusted to this change?

Yes, posting changelog very soon: "TRG now uses correct 5.56x45mm ammunition"

Not going to lie, I'm not happy about this but I understand why it was done.

Edited by samyG

I saw a clear enough reason -- "6.5 mm NATO" and "6.5 mm OPFOR" was already curious enough when both BLUFOR and OPFOR were using the 6.5 mm NATO suppressor except for the Mk 200 (which has its own 6.5 mm suppressor), and then when you had a third 6.5 mm magazine that was exclusive to the TRGs...

Am I to understand that the development branch was actually put back a revision? From 0.61 to 0.60? If so I assume that all the fixes and changes were backported to the older exe.

Nevermind, was only going by what I read from the changelog/SPOTREP. Logged in the game and it's still 0.61.

0:50

I wonder is this intended behavior? :D

i spent an hour with the new snipers doing that.

the AI also can't handle the tail getting shot out. it dosn't crash but it goes all over the place trying to return to where its meant to be

i spent an hour with the new snipers doing that.

the AI also can't handle the tail getting shot out. it dosn't crash but it goes all over the place trying to return to where its meant to be

I think you will find the AI deal with broken tail rotors and in fact most failures better than most human pilots in game.

Tail rotor broken is not a crash worthy scenario unless hovering very low in a gap between objects.

I also find that a decent AI pilot will have a good chance of surviving an auto rotate landing.

I think you will find the AI deal with broken tail rotors and in fact most failures better than most human pilots in game.

Tail rotor broken is not a crash worthy scenario unless hovering very low in a gap between objects.

I also find that a decent AI pilot will have a good chance of surviving an auto rotate landing.

no tail rotar is simple, go high, rock out, make an attempt at landing in a slide at speed to couter tourque.

the AI tries to stay at the altituide its waypoint is at, and tries to return to that waypoint (probally due to not being able to deviate enoguh of the projected path between waypoints) so it dosn't crash, but its not going to land either.

anyone know what happens when you shot out the rotor when the helis in motion

no tail rotar is simple, go high, rock out, make an attempt at landing in a slide at speed to couter tourque.

Yup, exactly. Pretty easy, now that you can slide a bit on the skids.

the AI tries to stay at the altituide its waypoint is at, and tries to return to that waypoint (probally due to not being able to deviate enoguh of the projected path between waypoints) so it dosn't crash, but its not going to land either.

anyone know what happens when you shot out the rotor when the helis in motion

One of my own videos funnily enough, show tail rotor out as well.

One of my own videos funnily enough, show tail rotor out as well.

thats pretty much exactly what i saw, its like it knew what to do, but it wan't allowed to crash out of the "mission" so it tried to carry on, and everytime it slowed down it went mental

Maybe an additional AI behaviour is needed. If the Tailrotor damage is 1, then fly back to where it started the mission and disembark

Maybe an additional AI behaviour is needed. If the Tailrotor damage is 1, then fly back to where it started the mission and disembark

god only knows if the AI can actually land a heli in that condition

and whats "base", the intial waypoint? a invis helipad closest?

best bet might be nearest open space of length XYZm, then the onboards move as per waypoints.

otherwise just make the AI ditch, since its FUBAR as far as the mission is concered