since 10-06-2013 exe rev 06264 im having weird bugs, one of them is the FOG, yes while everyone is enjoying their game, im having heavy fog- like someone turned it to max in the editor, so weird, i even have a cool story how this happened - was playing a mission, the evening came in the game, it became foggy, then nighttime, today im trying to play arma 3 and every freaking mission is foggy, no matter what time of day or weather there is, i have no words for this...

since 10-06-2013 exe rev 06264 im having weird bugs, one of them is the FOG, yes while everyone is enjoying their game, im having heavy fog- like someone turned it to max in the editor, so weird, i even have a cool story how this happened - was playing a mission, the evening came in the game, it became foggy, then nighttime, today im trying to play arma 3 and every freaking mission is foggy, no matter what time of day or weather there is, i have no words for this...

Have you checked your settings? Mainly the view distance. They may have reset.

for some reason the fog likes to affect my fps :/ when it was fine before hand

i just played in a dev branch server with a guy that had your very same issue! are you killer cat or something similar in game? if not your not the only one. i was on invade & annex server.

on my end however it was pretty as usual.

i just played in a dev branch server with a guy that had your very same issue! are you killer cat or something similar in game? if not your not the only one. i was on invade & annex server.

on my end however it was pretty as usual.

yes yes that was me! after the admin restarted the server my issue was gone, thanks everyone, it's still weird, as no one cept me had the issue, the fog was everywhere, and my view distance is at max - 12000/5000, i can distinguish fog from the other things in the game :D

i just hope this will give devs an idea on what's going on with the code, hell, who knows what it might lead to :)

Edited by gpha5e

yes yes that was me! after the admin restarted the server my issue was gone, thanks everyone, it's still weird, as no one cept me had the issue, the fog was everywhere, and my view distance is at max - 12000/5000, i can distinguish fog from the other things in the game :D

i just hope this will give devs an idea on what's going on with the code, hell, who knows what it might lead to :)

Devs might know this issue because something similar happened in the Saturday's stream.

The update said "added empty templates for UAV scripting commands" , what's that?

notttt a clue, i wonder why they took something out for testing??

I've noticed mine crashing randomly at launch as well. At first I thought it was my overclock being unstable but even at stock it happened. I think it has to do with not getting immediate focus on the game as it launches. Like if I try to close the Steam window while launching the game, that's when it crashes the most.

I got the ARMA-3 Logo and then it crashed, but it seems to be fixed in the actual Dev-Build.

With my 3770k @4400MHz + 2x GTX680-SOC-2GB in 2-Way-SLI (LN2-Bios activated, but not further overclocked) + 16GB (4x4GB) G.Skill @2133MHz, I gained ~10% Performance / Utilisation within the last 4 Weeks when running the Showcases, with the following settings:

Ultra-Settings, but not maxed-out:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/7804/arma32013061219490101.jpg (224 kB)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3286/arma32013061219490307.jpg (225 kB)

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/5882/arma32013061219490570.jpg (214 kB)

Auto-Detect-Settings:

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/8169/arma32013061219492280.jpg (217 kB)

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5067/arma32013061219492578.jpg (215 kB)

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6687/arma32013061219492737.jpg (205 kB)

Thanks for the improvements ! I'm looking forward to some more optimisations. Please keep up the good and hard work.

:)

Edited by TONSCHUH

8XAA? Everything Ultra? I feel like a console peasant...

i also have distance at 12000\5000 and everything maxed out, not a big deal for a gtx680, arma engine is ancient in some way anyway

8XAA? Everything Ultra? I feel like a console peasant...

It's still far from being perfect and it's not pleasant to play with this settings, but I think it's easier and better to compare the results if you push your system to the limits. I will possible end up playing the final with high / very-high settings or with certain settings on ultra and other settings on low or disabled, as I would like to get a mix out of nice optics and if possible ~50-60fps with adaptive VSync enabled. There is still a long way to go, but it's nice to see some positive changes, that is why I stopped comparing every new Dev-Build straight after it's release, as there are no large improvements coming out with every new build and it's just more recognisable if you had some kind of break for some time.

---------- Post added at 22:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

i also have distance at 12000\5000 and everything maxed out, not a big deal for a gtx680, arma engine is ancient in some way anyway

My 3770k get only utilised ~80% and my 2x GPU's as well, but not without large fluctuations.

Hm, sorry for OT, but I have Samsung 840Pro SSD and GTX Titan and anything above 2000m objects view distance gives me a really huge lag...strange.

my fps depend on the server quality, if a server is good enough i have constant 50-60 fps, on a crappy server it might dip to 20 fps no matter what my settings are :)

FIX: Disabled water camera effect for water-resistant vehicles, added new parameter waterPPInVehicle

What is meant by this? what water camera effect?

What is meant by this? what water camera effect?

The post process blur effects no doubt. Disable for when in minisub or even larger submerged vehicle, possibly large ship if deck is under sea level too.

The post process blur effects no doubt. Disable for when in minisub or even larger submerged vehicle, possibly large ship if deck is under sea level too.

Right you are :icon_twisted: It has been added because of Marid - it's cargo had blurred vision while the vehicle was floating, this should fix it

Right you are :icon_twisted: It has been added because of Marid - it's cargo had blurred vision while the vehicle was floating, this should fix it

Theoretically it could also be used for large submarines and such with cargo spaces. This will be very practical for the collins class sub I have in my HD

What about when SDV gets opened under water?

Because it will not look nice if suddenly water will refuse to enter it.

I'm pretty sure it just means whether your screen will be blurry or not, not having anything to do with actual water physically filling up the space of the cabin. As of yet this isn't even possible in video games for real time rendering and physics calculations. There really is no water, just a mesh for the surface that looks like the ocean, but beneath it is the same empty "air" as above water. The difference is there's code in place to give the impression that you're submersed. Things like fog, lighting caustics, and the post processing blurring. Take these things away however and you'd have no idea that you're underwater since it's not a physical volume filling up space.

what settings do you use? i cant max my view distance and look at my spec! :(

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:41 ----------

i have had x3 15.1mb updates in a row someone else please confirm this lol

I'm pretty sure it just means whether your screen will be blurry or not, not having anything to do with actual water physically filling up the space of the cabin. As of yet this isn't even possible in video games for real time rendering and physics calculations. There really is no water, just a mesh for the surface that looks like the ocean, but beneath it is the same empty "air" as above water. The difference is there's code in place to give the impression that you're submersed. Things like fog, lighting caustics, and the post processing blurring. Take these things away however and you'd have no idea that you're underwater since it's not a physical volume filling up space.

As I understand it it is for things like aphibious vehicles. Metalcraze seems to be worried about the SDV which is flooded by design so my guess is that BIS won't remove the effects from that vehicle (it would be stupid if they did so)...

Here are a couple of tracker entries:

AI get stuck in prone after crawling under obstacles while in "Safe". I never noticed it before so I think maybe this started after one of the last updates.

And random placement of units/waypoints does not work near buildings. Pretty high priority for mission makers in my opinion.

Edited by 2nd Ranger