... cannon sound still gets stuck on occasionally ...
... Helicopter sounds get stuck in one ear, even though the helicopter is long gone.

It's sort of the same situation with the Wipeout, as it's gun sound constantly stays active even though the plane has passed, and is no longer firing it's cannon.

Do you have any more details about this? When it usually happens? (Even if it's only present in large MP scenarios and will be hard to catch.) Could you, please, create ticket on feedback tracker (if there isn't any for it already) and ev. let me know via PM?

I find it strange, as it happens with a lot of things, and I thought it would be patched eventually, but maybe no one knows enough about. Here is my insight. Since Arma 3's release, my squad mainly plays Wasteland, and this is where they occur the most often. Helicopter sounds get stuck in one ear, even though the helicopter is long gone. Same with fire sounds from destroyed vehicles. It really makes a bad impression on gameplay because it distracts you from everything, as sound is ashore part of a game mode such a wasteland. It's sort of the same situation with the Wipeout, as it's gun sound constantly stays active even though the plane has passed, and is no longer firing it's cannon.

I've only noticed this when I disable simulation on a vehicle that is producing sounds that I can hear. The sounds will continue to be heard (they'll remain playing in left and right speaker the same way) as they were from the moment the simulation was disabled, even if I move all the way across the map or rotate.

I was wondering, is there a way to calculate a point on a given rope as a parameter of its length? For example, I'd like to have a point on the rope 50% down its length. I am thinking zip lines and fast roping here.

(Edit: If this isn't possible, is it worth adding a ticket for that with a feature requrest?)

I don't think such a function exists, so I'd go ahead and make a ticket

I was wondering, is there a way to calculate a point on a given rope as a parameter of its length? For example, I'd like to have a point on the rope 50% down its length. I am thinking zip lines and fast roping here.

That might come in handy in some situations, but you'd have to attach an object to the point with setpos or something, because a rope can only have objects in the ends. So you'd lose the nice physx behaviour of a man hanging in the middle of the rope.

What would be awesome is a script command defining the rope's elasticity and durability!

(My zip-lining surfer dude is getting motion sickness with these rubber-bands:

. The rope is tensioned by a couple of meters so it's bouncing back and forth. A heavier surfer will bang his head on the ground or break the rope.) Edited by Greenfist

That might come in handy in some situations, but you'd have to attach an object to the point with setpos or something, because a rope can only have objects in the ends. So you'd lose the nice physx behaviour of a man hanging in the middle of the rope.

Yeah, it's not a real replacement but at least it enables a guy to follow the rope. I made a ticket here. Upvotes welcome :)

Lotus posted interesting find. http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21068

Something in the HDR needs to be reset when going Day -> Night -> Day or there will be fps loss. So it might be better to reset your HDR setting in every scenario/match etc. to be sure there's no fps loss.

You mean Zamak Medical? No ambulance is currently on the Vanilla Arma 3. But yeah, I get what your saying with the sound loop.

yes, read "ambulance" as "vehicle you can heal yourself at", i.e. Kamaz "Zamak" trucks and HEMTTs. I'm glad I'm not the only one hearing this, so it's not some insect rustling in my ear^^

Hope this gets fixed soon.

Yeah, it's not a real replacement but at least it enables a guy to follow the rope. I made a ticket here. Upvotes welcome :)

Up voted. More rope support would be amazing, the addition of such a dynamic asset in game can pull off many feats., and gameplay miracles, and things we never once thought possible.

Fixed: Rendering of alpha objects in TI (e.g. fences)

Thank goodness, that was super annoying.

I noticed on the changelog from the 7th

Added 3rd Farsi Protocol

Does that mean another set of Farsi voice acting, and if so shouldn't that be fourth because we've already got three in stable.

Do you have any more details about this? When it usually happens? (Even if it's only present in large MP scenarios and will be hard to catch.) Could you, please, create ticket on feedback tracker (if there isn't any for it already) and ev. let me know via PM?

I'll see if I can hop on some wasteland tonight and get some YouTube footage, and I'll let you know. It happenss quite occasionally to be honest. Maybe every... 1/3 times I play. That's when I play heavily.

---------- Post added at 23:29 ---------- Previous post was at 23:25 ----------

I've only noticed this when I disable simulation on a vehicle that is producing sounds that I can hear. The sounds will continue to be heard (they'll remain playing in left and right speaker the same way) as they were from the moment the simulation was disabled, even if I move all the way across the map or rotate.

Idk man, it just happens. We get into a battle or car crash, somethin blows up, and minutes later I or another member of the group notices the sound of fire still present in one ear no matter where they turn. Same for maybe a helicopter when the server lagged, or more common a quad bike left running. I'll have to see if I can get a video of it, and I'll get right on making a ticket on feedback tracker.

Does that mean another set of Farsi voice acting, and if so shouldn't that be fourth because we've already got three in stable.

One of those 3 was a placeholder duplicate, which now was replaced with an actual new actor.

Awesome. The Farsi voice sets were getting slightly repetitive after 700 hours of gameplay ;)

One of those 3 was a placeholder duplicate, which now was replaced with an actual new actor.

Excellent, very glad to hear that.

FFV turrets are no longer restricted in DLC vehicles

Anyone know what this is? I'm not on Dev branch at the moment and limited download allowance;-)

Thanks for any info

Anyone know what this is? I'm not on Dev branch at the moment and limited download allowance;-)

Thanks for any info

This sounds like something related to the restriction of piloting DLC vehicles when you don't own the DLC.

Apparently this restriction also extended to FFV (firing from vehicles) positions, but that was unintentional and has now been rectified. We can't actually test this anyway (yet) because there are currently no DLC vehicles with FFV positions available.

All in all it's nothing need to waste your download allowance over. :)

Edited by MadDogX
ninja removed redundant word

Thanks for any info

This means that people without DLC could not get into FFV (Firing From Vehicles) seats, just like they can't get into kart driver seats by normal means.

Now they have fixed it so that the FFV slots function as normal cargo slots and are not limited only to the people who own DLC.

This does not currently affect the dev branch at all and there's nothing to see as there are currently no DLC vehicles with FFV. This is a change that affects the two helicopters that will be available in Helicopters DLC that we currently have no access to.

Edit: Ninja'd

The above ninjas are correct.

Thanks to all Ninjas..... I shall wait until shiney new helos arrive for download allowance;-)

Cheers

Suggestion, like how the Helicopters shake when hard turns are made, It'd be perfect if slight shaking was added to Fixed Wing while pulling hard turns. Nothing too dramatic, just slight.

Suggestion, like how the Helicopters shake when hard turns are made, It'd be perfect if slight shaking was added to Fixed Wing while pulling hard turns. Nothing too dramatic, just slight.

SO much of the new stuff needs to be added to fixed wings.

Shaking, proper throttle simulation, wind effect, weight effect, proper wheelbrake simulation, the list goes on and on. It's too bad that we most likely won't get any of it, at least for a long time.

SO much of the new stuff needs to be added to fixed wings.

Shaking, proper throttle simulation, wind effect, weight effect, proper wheelbrake simulation, the list goes on and on. It's too bad that we most likely won't get any of it, at least for a long time.

Not necessarily true. Back when they made the more immersive adjustments to the helicopters in a report, I believe I read that they wouldn't just be for helicopters and they would possibly add reasonable adjustments to other aircraft including fixed wing as well. I cannot find that post though, it was awhile back and I don't know where to look. But a slight shake for hard turns in Fixed with is a simple suggestion.

yea agreed. in general it would be great, if all the sound features of the helos would be applied in modified form to the fixed wing stuff. otherwise it's a bit inconsistent and makes the fixed wing stuff feel a bit dull in comparison. not talking about advanced flight model or anything. just the awesome immersion increasing things.