I notice all the civilians have disappeared with build 127551. They can't be called by script and don't appear in the editor.

EDIT: Civs are now longer class camanbase. No mention of this in the dev branch changelogs. I'm trying desperately to be positive and convince myself that it's because there's a major civ overhaul featuring females...

Edited by tpw

Well at least it's only just the civilians, as of the latest update the whole game disappeared from my PC for some reason.

Yay!

Now that would be a welcome surprise. Been playing a few user made scenarios and the lack of civi diversity (especially females) is a real immersion breaker...... we can but hope;-)

I notice all the civilians have disappeared with build 127551. They can't be called by script and don't appear in the editor.

EDIT: Civs are now longer class camanbase. No mention of this in the dev branch changelogs. I'm trying desperately to be positive and convince myself that it's because there's a major civ overhaul featuring females...

Already verified cache to make sure that it might not simply be a bad download of today's build? (Believe it or not, that does happen, i.e. the time that someone got exaggerated sway/inertia to an extent that no one else did. EDIT: What Das Attorney said below this post.

Edited by Chortles

Hi mate,

I think you might have something corrupted. I just checked and these are the parents of some random civs:

["C_man_polo_1_F","C_man_1","Civilian_F","Civilian","CAManBase","Man","Land","AllVehicles","All"]

["C_man_1","Civilian_F","Civilian","CAManBase","Man","Land","AllVehicles","All"]

["C_man_p_shorts_1_F","C_man_1","Civilian_F","Civilian","CAManBase","Man","Land","AllVehicles","All"]

If a reverify doesn't fix it then check your mods or maybe find the civ pbo and backup&delete it then it should redownload when you next try to run the game.

Hi mate,

I think you might have something corrupted. I just checked and these are the parents of some random civs:

["C_man_polo_1_F","C_man_1","Civilian_F","Civilian","CAManBase","Man","Land","AllVehicles","All"]

["C_man_1","Civilian_F","Civilian","CAManBase","Man","Land","AllVehicles","All"]

["C_man_p_shorts_1_F","C_man_1","Civilian_F","Civilian","CAManBase","Man","Land","AllVehicles","All"]

If a reverify doesn't fix it then check your mods or maybe find the civ pbo and backup&delete it then it should redownload when you next try to run the game.

Sigh, you are right as usual Das. Turns out to be Reyhard's A2 civilian/vehicle pack. Must be something in the latest dev build that disagrees with this addon.

EDIT: Nvm, Massive Face Palm. Cloud setting were magically set to low for some reason. Back on Ultra now. XD

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

It seems that the game delivered by Game Updater is different to the package delivered via the Steam development branch. At the moment the development version downloaded via Game Updater is broken.

What would be the best method for comparing the two packages to see what is going wrong?

Sigh, you are right as usual Das. Turns out to be Reyhard's A2 civilian/vehicle pack. Must be something in the latest dev build that disagrees with this addon.

Glad you got it fixed mate :)

It would have been nice to see some women in game - It's like a reverse Lesbos at the moment.

glad you got it fixed mate :)

it would have been nice to see some women in game - it's like a reverse lesbos at the moment.

Now that made me laugh :D

Hello, anyone else has problems with loading saved games? I am unable to resume a saved mission with current dev branch version. Can anyone else confirm please? It is a rather serious problem.

Yep I had that problem with dev-branch last week, do you get a ca_data not found message by any chance?

Yep I had that problem with dev-branch last week, do you get a ca_data not found message by any chance?

No message at all, unfortunately.

OK, the problem seems to be caused by a mod. I will have to find out which one it is.

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:43 ----------

OK, this is unfortunate, as the problem is caused by CBA itself. I will report the issue to the devs of CBA.

OK, the problem seems to be caused by a mod. I will have to find out which one it is.

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:43 ----------

OK, this is unfortunate, as the problem is caused by CBA itself. I will report the issue to the devs of CBA.

They have updated CBA this week which should squash a few bugs. The latest version is RC4.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18767

updating to development branch using the game updater corrupts GU installation

There's a pretty bad bug at the moment where AI helicopters want to get rid of any AI group riding in cargo. They immediately land and kick the AI group out before following their waypoints. Player groups are unaffected. Ticket here.

You have to be f$#^%!g kidding me! That is amazing!

Not as amazing as this Napoleonic HMG regiment:

lineUp2.jpg

:p