after the unlock of the hidden selection on raven vest,

there is an issue that prevent the use of the csat textures tech_oucamo_co.paa" and "tech_co.paa", in both textures the back is black instead that properly Khaki or Urban Camo

2014-09-26_00001.jpg

after the unlock of the hidden selection on raven vest,

there is an issue that prevent the use of the csat textures tech_oucamo_co.paa" and "tech_co.paa", in both textures the back is black instead that properly Khaki or Urban Camo

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-oYQB19jhZjs/VCViREt-KuI/AAAAAAAAASs/sAVEUjFxhEc/w581-h768-no/2014-09-26_00001.jpg

Could you please post me the code of the config you use?

as your wish ;)

class V_TacVestIR_blk: Vest_NoCamo_Base
   {
       class ItemInfo;
   };
   class Raven_harn_opf : V_TacVestIR_blk 
   {
       scope = 2;
       author = "Zukov";
       displayName = "Raven Harn Opf";
       picture = "\A3\characters_f\Data\UI\icon_V_TacVestIR_blk_CA.paa";
       model = "\A3\Characters_F_Beta\INDEP\equip_ir_vest01";
       hiddenSelections[] = {"Camo1","Camo2"};
       hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\A3\Characters_F\OPFOR\data\clothing_co.paa","\A3\Characters_F\OPFOR\data\tech_co.paa"};

class ItemInfo : ItemInfo
       {
           uniformModel = "\A3\Characters_F_Beta\INDEP\equip_ir_vest01";
           containerClass = "Supply100";
           mass = 50;
           armor = 5*0.5;
           passThrough = 0.7;
       };
   };
   class Raven_urban_opf : V_TacVestIR_blk 
   {
       scope = 2;
       author = "Zukov";
       displayName = "Raven Urban Opf";
       picture = "\A3\characters_f\Data\UI\icon_V_TacVestIR_blk_CA.paa";
       model = "\A3\Characters_F_Beta\INDEP\equip_ir_vest01";
       hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\A3\Characters_F\OPFOR\data\clothing_oucamo_co.paa","\A3\Characters_F\OPFOR\data\tech_oucamo_co.paa"};

class ItemInfo : ItemInfo
       {
           uniformModel = "\A3\Characters_F_Beta\INDEP\equip_ir_vest01";
           containerClass = "Supply100";
           mass = 50;
           armor = 5*0.5;
           passThrough = 0.7;
       };
   };

Edited by Zukov

as your wish ;)

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\A3\Characters_F\OPFOR\data\clothing_oucamo_co.paa","\A3\Characters_F\OPFOR\data\tech_oucamo[color="#FF0000"][size=5]:[/size][/color]co.paa"};

Is that normal texture path? ^^^^

yes raven vest share the the same design textures (sorry _oucamo_co.paa)

It hasn't really been talked about besides speciulation/curiousity among alot of people, until someone brought it further to my attention, but BIS, will it actually be possible to raise, and lower the ramp on the Huron?

http://arma3.com/assets/img/post/images/arma3_dlc_helicopters_screenshot_02.jpg (967 kB)

Or did you just do that for... prop, purposes...?

Woah that pic is showing new supply crates and do you notice the postion of that vehicle.. looks like its going to be loaded in there hmm :confused:

:) I hope so.

Also on the actual topic of dev branch, I havent tested in latest update but before I would get loading screens for about 2-3 seconds every 10-15 seconds pretty random in coop with my freind... with mods and without, no particular thing it happened constantly.. this also happened with previous dev branchs from last month.. but seems to always work in stable branch

It hasn't really been talked about besides speciulation/curiousity among alot of people, until someone brought it further to my attention, but BIS, will it actually be possible to raise, and lower the ramp on the Huron?

http://arma3.com/assets/img/post/images/arma3_dlc_helicopters_screenshot_02.jpg (967 kB)

Or did you just do that for... prop, purposes...?

99.99% sure that we're going to be able to animate it.

Going to be able to? As is it isn't animated yet, but is going to be? But more importantly, what i'd really like to know, is if it's going to be an intractable thing, so i'm landing with troops, and i, or my co-pilot lower the ramp so the troops can go out the back. Or possibly actually load things in. And if so, could the same be done for the Mohawk?

I havent tested in latest update but before I would get loading screens for about 2-3 seconds every 10-15 seconds pretty random in coop with my freind... with mods and without, no particular thing it happened constantly.. this also happened with previous dev branchs from last month.. but seems to always work in stable branch

Confirm. It makes testing in coop hosted over lan very frustrating.

Going to be able to? As is it isn't animated yet, but is going to be? But more importantly, what i'd really like to know, is if it's going to be an intractable thing, so i'm landing with troops, and i, or my co-pilot lower the ramp so the troops can go out the back. Or possibly actually load things in. And if so, could the same be done for the Mohawk?

Ramp on the mohawk can already be lowered.

vehicle player animate [ "CargoRamp_Open", 1 ];

Ramp on the mohawk can already be lowered.

vehicle player animate [ "CargoRamp_Open", 1 ];

So would there be plans to have this as a regular option after the Helicopters DLC, with ramps on the helicopters? Just like "Engine On", "Eject", and the likes?

So would there be plans to have this as a regular option after the Helicopters DLC, with ramps on the helicopters? Just like "Engine On", "Eject", and the likes?

I highly doubt it, as it serves no real purpose. It will be up to scripters to make use of it.

Hmmm... Good point, i never really, thought about that... But, you could imagine that the ramp being down in the picture... It would be extremely disappointing if it didn't work via scroll menu/interaction.
At 43 minutes into last week's Twitch stream RiE and pettka were specifically asked about the Huron ramp as a shooting position, to which pettka answered that "we are considering it so it may be there but we are still [inaudible] some issues with that", confirming that they were aware and at least tried.

Incidentally, that stream also had RiE hint at the reasons for the Huron (TL;DR: "our artists and sandbox designers" were asked which helos they were really interested in and passionate about and the Chinook design apparently came up a bunch) and the Taru (besides the Skycrane, apparently also inspired by Thunderbirds 2 (skip to 26:15 into the stream :lol: ) insofar as the pod concept, but "they" also liked the concept artists' designs). As for the emphasis on transport/airlift, at 25 minutes it was explained that they figured that through focusing on cargo/personnel transports "there'd be a lot more gameplay opportunities for lots of different kinds of players" over, say, dedicated attack helicopters, and at 30:15 he also specified MRAPs as carryable by the Huron and the Taru but not MBTs. Also, starting at about 44:15 the Taru 'transport' pod is said to be an "​underslung eight-man fast insertion" pod (aka the "bench pod") with each such seat having FFV.

as your wish ;)

OK, there is no problem in the code. Actually, you identified the problem in your previous post. The textures tech_oucamo_co.tga and tech_rus_CO.tga both really have the same part for the back of the vest. It may be fixed later on, but no promises at this time.

Here are some issues that have been there for a while but I don't remember to see any reports. Small things but would help especially the zoom in and out bug that's very old at least.

Raise Weapon keys don't bring the weapon up when crouched. You can lower the weapon but can't bring it up :/

Submarine movement Nose Up and Nose Down doesn't work right. It just goes straight. Right and left "flaps" seems to go different direction which is probably the issue?

Toggle Zoom Out or In don't work with vehicles. Very annoying issue when you really want to use those. When I'm driving I want more FoV.

/Ceeb showed earlier tickets that I missed because my filter was set wrong 16065 and 10511

Edited by St. Jimmy

To clarify one thing in the Huron screenshot: there is no engine / sandbox support for carrying vehicles within other vehicles for Arma 3 Helicopters. So it will not be possible (in vanilla) to carry the UGV inside the Huron, but you can carry it as Sling Load obviously.

From changelog today:

Added: ‘features’ parameter for static weapons

Can you expand on that a bit for us please?

Plus also, there were some fixes for cargo (MP) in todays changelog, but I'm still seeing floating units when adding AI to vehicles.

Code is:

_unit assignAsCargo _veh;
_unit moveInCargo _veh;

Am I using commands wrong is this a game issue?

floater.jpg

Will it be possible to save offline mods/addons setting (mods not downloaded through workshop) with the presets in the vanilla launcher? Right now, it seems you can only save presets for workshop mods and addons.

Will it be possible to save offline mods/addons setting (mods not downloaded through workshop) with the presets in the vanilla launcher? Right now, it seems you can only save presets for workshop mods and addons.

the launcher just needs the ability to recognize "@" folders and put them in the list already. i think DNA said it's planned. i really can't wait. please just finish it so we can stop asking.

Check today's SPAMREP (OPERATIONS) ;)

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:13 ----------

Yes, the Launcher team is working on this.

From changelog today:

Basically it's just textual metadata that they use to export to wiki so they don't have to manually type it out. It can be helpful as a quick documentation reference, not much else.

Sample from "O_G_Offroad_01_F":

features = "
Randomization: Yes, 12 skins, disabled by: this setVariable ["BIS_enableRandomization",false];<br />
Specific skin may be set by: this setVariable ["color",X]; (the number ranges from 0 to 11)<br />
Camo selections: 2 - the body, wheels and accessories<br />
Script door sources: None<br />
Script animations: HideDoor1, HideDoor2, HideDoor3, HidePolice, HideServices, HideBackpacks, HideBumper1, HideBumper2, HideConstruction<br />
Executed scripts: \A3\Soft_F_Bootcamp\Offroad_01\scripts\randomize_colors.sqf<br />
Firing from vehicles: Positions 2 to 5<br />
Slingload: Slingloadable<br />
Cargo proxy indexes: 1 to 5
";

Edited by Sniperwolf572

Check today's SPAMREP (OPERATIONS) ;)

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:13 ----------

Yes, the Launcher team is working on this.

Excellent. Thank you for the reply, DnA.

I highly doubt it, as it serves no real purpose. It will be up to scripters to make use of it.

I do, for example, say a pilot is waiting with the engine spooled up, and infantry just got done with the briefing. He lowers the ramp as they approach, and try simply walk in and take seats, while the last takes a gunner position, for say, the last section near the ramp. For both Mohawk and Huron. Second is when in flight and the player with the last FFV spot (let's assume one exists) by the ramp, and he's taking more fire than he can dish out with his rifle, the pilot simply raises the ramp to proven thin getting hit. Now I know it's impossible to load vehicles or object inside the vanilla helo's at the moment, but maybe FFV in these terms aren't too far fetched. Just a thought. Would add more immersion to this new a logistical masterpiece, IMHO.