fiuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ! a tons of new stuffs very well made and detailed! warfare MP mode with heli?;)

The core Arma 3 art team has modeled them. Our Thai brethren have assisted with a number of the supporting assets.

Nice!Tell them that few more loops in extinguishers for Huron wouldn't hurt ^^

I like the idea behind the Taru with all the variants and all, but the Huron just looks plain ridiculous. Looks like a tiny chinook that somebody tried to go and make it look stealthy, which turned out to look terrible.

THANKYOU for the portable Helipad. Now i have a way to have a heli pad at base in Wasteland and such to boost immersion of having assets that make sense. It's much better than the ground texture one which cannot be placed in live Multiplayer sessions.

Edit: Lol, the Civilian heli is apart of the DLC. So that's 3 helicopters, not two. Hehe.

fiuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ! a tons of new stuffs very well made and detailed! warfare MP mode with heli?;)

I've been pondering how I'm going to incorporate all of the new variants into BECTI. Prob spawn all of the new pods via Repair and Ammo factories. Maybe make the medical container some sort of mobile respawn crate.

I like the idea behind the Taru with all the variants and all, but the Huron just looks plain ridiculous. Looks like a tiny chinook that somebody tried to go and make it look stealthy, which turned out to look terrible.

I kind of agree. The Huron is a MASSIVE downgrade to current military technology which is the Chinook. The Huron is smaller, and honestly, i find it hard to believe it's considered a Heavy in game, as it's comparable to the Mohawk. But, nice cockpit detail, the sound needs work, it needs to sound... Stronger at least.

Supposedly there's a "stealth" Chinook in real life (held in reserve during the Abbottabad raid in case of something like the "stealth" Blackhawk going down), so I'm really not surprised that the artists went with it, considering that that's we have the Ghosthawk. (According to the creative director the artists got to pick the choice for a NATO 'heavy' bird, hence Chinook 2035 was their idea.)

Really liking the new choppers - have to agree about our future-Chonook though, not a pretty lil' fella but there's ugly real life stuff, too. :)

Got a question though, is it possible to exchange the Taru's module ingame? (Short on time right now but that one's bugging me :))

Not sure if bug or feature given they have 'pre-fitted' modules already, but non of the Tarus bar the 'original' one can sling load anything, even though they all appear to have slings/winches

Edited by Sari

The textures inside the Huron are mirrored, noticable on things like fire extinguishers because the text is backwards.

I'm very glad there is a 'normal' transport version of the Taru.

I also like the new 'metal case' containers - it is useful to have something to store items that doesn't look like a military ammo crate. You can also store stuff in the new office furniture which is pretty cool. The desk drawer opens when you open your inventory.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

DLC Bundle currently not working. Will probably work after tomorrows update. Read the changelog before asking such stupid (oops, I said it out loud) questions people! :)

DLC Bundle currently not working. Will probably work after tomorrows update. Read the changelog before asking such questions people! It kind of makes you look dumb. :)

i read the changelog but some guys have looked the new cockpit

Should i buy the DLC bundle twice to play the helicopters? What is wrong here?

It's not released, only on the dev branch. Keep cool.

Got a question though, is it possible to exchange the Taru's module ingame? (Short on time right now but that one's bugging me :))

No its not possible. You have to pick the transport-version of the Taru if you want to exchange modules. But then you can only slingload them, which looks ugly since the modules are formed to fit directly to the helicopter instead of being simply slingloaded. In addition to the transport variant there are seven other Taru's with the different modules attached to them (but not exchangeable)

New choppers can be brought down by riffle fire quite easily compared to the older choppers, is this how they are supposed to be?

Where can I buy the Helicopters DLC without having to buy the DLC bundle?
@all how to unlock the dlc bundle?

From last weeks SITREP:

Unfortunately it will not be possible to purchase the DLC separately ahead of release (the DLC Bundle is available though). We're hoping to at least add ownership to the library of Supporter Edition and DLC Bundle owners.

Also place the choppers down in the editor with 'player as pilot' if you want to bypass DLC restrictions.

I've been pondering how I'm going to incorporate all of the new variants into BECTI. Prob spawn all of the new pods via Repair and Ammo factories. Maybe make the medical container some sort of mobile respawn crate.

Was thinking along similar lines.

Edited by Sari

DLC Bundle currently not working. Will probably work after tomorrows update. Read the changelog before asking such stupid (oops, I said it out loud) questions people! :)

But my Sgt.Major told me there's no such thing as a "stupid" question. =P (no seriously, he did say that)

On serious note, gun sounds being fired from back of Taru, are muffled. This means, that probably with other helicopters, or "fire from inside" vehicles, will have muffled gun shots as if the gun is being fired from outside, and you are inside a closed vehicle. This somehow NEEDS to be changed.

No its not possible. You have to pick the transport-version of the Taru if you want to exchange modules. But then you can only slingload them, which looks ugly since the modules are formed to fit directly to the helicopter instead of being simply slingloaded. In addition to the transport variant there are seven other Taru's with the different modules attached to them (but not exchangeable)

:c

Thanks dude. (Oh the disappointment)

I'm really happy about the proper medical pod on the Taru, looks great!

As for bugs: Taru (and Blackfoot) pedals are reversed. And Taru Cargo and Ammo have wrong names (Cargo has all the ammo).

Edited by Kecske

Should i buy the DLC bundle twice to play the helicopters? What is wrong here?

Yup just download also bought the dlc bundle when karts came out. Loaded simple test mission went to hop in any seat of helis an "heli is locked" an than steam store pg offered to show up to buy the dlc I already own.

I think the Huron and the Taru should move ~10% faster. These two beast should be the fastest helicopters in the game without loads(passanger, sling load).