Is there any ways to spawn the Taru Pods via ZEUS? I have seen the Huron Containers are in Nato/Support Vehicles tab, but for OPFOR, i can only see the Tempest and Zamak Trucks in Opfor/Support.

We have seen this happening, but so far were unable to reproduce it. It seems as a bug in Steam.

Same here, I got the Supporter Version but the new Helos are locked.

Same here, I got the Supporter Version but the new Helos are locked.

You should have the supporter forum badge too.

Never cared about the badge, so I never noticed it. Checked my purchase confirmation from 2013 and it says:

Your Arma 3 Supporter Edition - Steam version Serial Number is.......

So yeah. Guess I have to wait for the mercy of Gaben to fix it or wait till November.

Can't launch ARMA3 now. (development) Not sure if it's just yesterday's dev update, as admittedly, I've not played it in a few weeks. (played Thief instead, big mistake) I get to the splash screen and then it just hangs. When I ctrl-alt-del to get out, it says it's not responding. Any ideas on if this is just me, or how I might fix it?

It means the camera is going to shake when you enter vortex ring state (VRS). It's only possible with the advanced helicopter flight model (RTD).

for me its also locked, but you can fly them in zeus:

just start a zeus mission, place a soldier and an empty chopper , move the soldier in the heli, and use zeus remote. and happy flying.

only thing that doesn´t work is releasing wheelbreak. seems a zeus-remote problem.

I too as a supporter don't have the DLC, but thank you for the update.

Okay maybe I missed the topic but Ifrit Frontal Armor is way too tough for a vehicle of that class. Been shooting it with 25mm HE and it damages it but no satisfying explosion (destroyed the main windshield, which is good, I guess) after nearly 100 rounds (yes that many) so maybe need to look at that again...

14. There are 14 paints for the Civilians so far that i've counted. Does anyone know how to select paints?

EDIT: 15 paints actually.

14. There are 14 paints for the Civilians so far that i've counted. Does anyone know how to select paints?

EDIT: 15 paints actually.

Specific skin may be set by:

this setVariable ["color",X]; (the number ranges from 0 to 14)

Source

I hope this helps :icon_twisted:

Is there any difference between

this setVariable ["color",X];

and

this setObjectTexture [0, "\pboname\texture.paa"];

?

Is there any difference between

this setVariable ["color",X];

and

this setObjectTexture [0, "\pboname\texture.paa"];

?

Not that much, the only thing You need to do if You want to use direct path to texture is

this setVariable ["BIS_enableRandomization",false];

It does right what You would expect it to do - disables the randomization of the skin variant (in this case, it may be even numbers and stuff like that for Kart e.g.). Actually, the randomization script itself uses setObjectTexture to work, You just don't need to know the path to textures :icon_twisted:

I find it strange not to enter the Huron over the rear ramp and pick off the seat and the ramp itself considering how large and spacious it is.:386: I do not know what the technical reason for not being able to perform this task itself whereby the sense of realism in this section of the game is lost. I think these issues are what makes losing a little immersion the player needs to feel that in this kind of game that tries to emulate a little of everything in general. :286:

Don't know if this is technically possible, but wouldn't it make sense to disable the DLC lock alltogether until release?

It's a valid point. However, like it or not, we are also testing the DLC notifications. As for your point about 'try-before-you-buy' ... we'd actually prefer it if people use the final version for this. Based on the survey, we are considering another way of trying content unrestricted (in a limited way) before purchase.

Are The 15 skins for the m900 the same as we've always had in the heli light .pbo or is there any new? Cheers

How do I exec the script that gives the TARU it's black texture?

Also, I was using the mini gun on the HURON, I fired directly on a Mohawk. I emptied the magazine on it. I had less than 200 bullets left. I've never fired one in real life before but it seems to me that 1800 rounds would have disintegrated that helicopter. I would think 200 would have done the trick.

The black versions of Taru helicopters isn't available directly from the Editor (as it would clutter the selection with all eight variants), but there is a script available to make the helicopter properly black, described in the Features field on Community Wiki

How to use it:

Insert the helicopter in the Editor and put this into init field (example for standard Taru without any pod)

null = [this] execVM "\a3\Air_F_Heli\Heli_Transport_04\Scripts\Heli_Transport_04_basic_black.sqf"

I hope this helps :icon_twisted:

null = [this] execVM "\a3\Air_F_Heli\Heli_Transport_04\Scripts\Heli_Transport_04_basic_black.sqf"

You can get the other class names HERE Taru (or Heli_Transport_04) is close to the bottom of the page.

Be aware that the alternate versions of the Taru have different script names, I've just given you the BASIC version here.

Taru with pods:

Camo variant:

null = [this] execVM "\a3\Air_F_Heli\Heli_Transport_04\Scripts\Heli_Transport_04_pods_camo.sqf,

Black variant:

null = [this] execVM "\a3\Air_F_Heli\Heli_Transport_04\Scripts\Heli_Transport_04_pods_black.sqf

Note: You will also have to set the textures for the already dropped pods you want to pick up, seperately.

Hope that helped.

E

Still not fixed(Rolling sound in missing). Come on, BIS. Time to fix this.

Are The 15 skins for the m900 the same as we've always had in the heli light .pbo or is there any new? Cheers

Not from what I've found, only 15, all the same as before.

Not from what I've found, only 15, all the same as before.

Cheers for the info mate

Still not fixed(Rolling sound in missing). Come on, BIS. Time to fix this.

Is that specific to a terrain type? Because I surely get sounds when rolling around, without a sound mod.